Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Ms Farooqui is now Zoya for Mr Khan...huh Tannu!!?

AM_MA Newbie
AM_MA
AM_MA

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

Ms. Farooqui is now "Zoya" for Mr. Khan ... Tanveer loses yet again?

Like most in this forum, and to my own bewilderment at how personal I'm getting about a mere Indian TV serial (lol), I was quite upset, and disappointed, by the unwelcome twists in Thursday's episode of Qubool Hai. But then QH is not just another serial or we wouldn't all be getting so worked up, would we?

While I still stand by my Friday post - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3636033' I have to admit that after "cooling off," and watching Thursday's and Friday's episodes back to back, I realize that once again Tanveer's chaal brought AsYa closer YET AGAIN!! And this time, on a much deeper level'

Indeed, once I allowed myself to see past my frustrations, I had to accept that Friday's scenes were GRANDLY executed by both Surbhi and Karan and shows marks of wonderful direction. So let me graciously say hats off to AsYa , Gul Khan, and the whole QH team for these fabulous scenes!!

This is the type of work that most QH viewers, especially the choosy ones when it comes to Indian TV dramas, expect from Gul Khan, and that is why QH is such an acclaimed show not only in India but internationally!!

When we the viewers are happy, we willingly overlook technical mishaps such as Zoya, Asad, and Tanveer, in Friday's episode for example, returning to the wedding venue in immaculate conditions - perfect hair, make up, costume'and wicked Tanveer's indecently torn dress miraculous makeover, after being ripped to rags (by Razia) and rain-drenched.

Or even better, we willingly associate them with some kind of improvised symbolism that the CV's might never have thought of, such as Tanveer's ripped dress turning immaculate when she makes her appearance in front of the Khans, symbolizing her character: loose and indecent in reality, but to the outside world, prim and proper. No wonder she gets away so easily with the Khans while we, the viewers who can see through her because we are in possession of all facts, while the Khans are not, can't wait to see her out ... disgraced!!

Just like most AsYa lovers, especially Zoya fans, I would be content with a fun-filled serial solely with Zoya and her Mr Khan's interactions, within the Khan household without Tanveer's most irritating interferences; I don't ever get tired of watching the old AsYa scenes.

However, as many before me have pointed out, in order for this particular story to unfold and for its characters to evolve, there had to be a villain, who unfortunately happens to be the devil personified---Tanveer aka Billo rani or any other machiavellic name that you can think of. I don't believe that she will be permanently out anytime soon, based on the current track, but if the CV's could be more realistic, or somehow justify the over-dramatization that evades most of us, maybe the viewers would be more forgiving?

While I still refuse to condone and fail to understand some of the recent turns of events that the Cv's deemed necessary, the main ones being Dilshad losing her challenge in favor of Shireen and her undeserved curse, along with years of hard-earned dignity and respect and the twist of fate playing in the favor of an evil mind in such a devilish fashion on a day so special to the protagonists (that I ranted about lengthily in my post on Friday), it is also true that Tanveer's trap seems to have brought AsYa closer ... at least in Asad's mind!

Did you guys notice how Asad no longer addresses Zoya as Ms Farooqui !!?? And he also uses "tum," instead of "aap," as he usually does? I think that's huge!!!

Though I do hope and trust that he won't revert back to his usual Ms Farooqui...that would be so out of place now!! And hopefully Mr. Khan becomes Asad some time soon...

Flashback: Initially Asad used to call her Zoya until he started blocking off his feelings for her, by buildings emotional walls between them. "Ms Farooqui" was one such wall that, if I remember correctly, he erected after the Akram kidnapping scene. Since then, she has been Ms. Farooqui except in his monologues while practicing his Izhaar-e-Mohabbat to Zoya. Despite acknowledging his love for Zoya, he never referred to her as Zoya, not even with his mother!

In the initial stage of hallucination, he asked her: "Ms. Farooqui ... hamaarah nikaah?" and Tanveer cum Zoya replied: "Ho gayaa!" In his mind, he was already married to Zoya, and but after he emerged from the state of hallucination, he started addressing her as "Zoya," and "tum!" This is something he didn't do even when they were holding hands and implicitly romancing and exchanging promises on the terrace!

The way I am seeing it as of now, the familiarity suggested by the use of "Zoya" and "tum" indicates that in his hallucinated state, Asad got "intimate" with Zoya! A state of hallucination is similar to a state of half-consciousness, or half-sleep where your subconscious mind is still at work' And throughout the whole time, Asad's imagination could have run in any direction ' with Zoya---his bride!! Especially, since Zoya cum Tanveer had confirmed that the Nikaah had already taken place!"

Whether any sexual act transpired between Asad and Tanveer, albeit gross, is irrelevant in this regard. The point of the matter is that Asad feels closer to Zoya like never before, to the point that he is compelled to call her "Zoya," like any man is his right mind would after getting intimate with a woman.

Hopefully, we'll get to learn that Tanveer had just put up a show to destroy Zoya's trust in Asad and her faith that he would never be betray her. My hope is that Gul Khan and the CV's would have enough brains to not  have "allowed" Tanveer to engage in the act, and to let it be known to the viewers, considering their cultural and family backgrounds. 

However, if they did allow her to stoop that low, that would be the most gruesome thing ever, the more so since Tanveer is already pregnant of Akram---Nikhat's fiancee. And if we get to witness her convincing everyone that the child is Asad's then we are looking at drama that even Ekta KApoor would fall shy of!

May we be spared of any such cheap drama that is so not like QH!!

Anyway, as of now, I see that Tanveer's machination once again brought AsYa closer than she could have ever imagined. True, they will have to go through some more painful sequences, but these can only serve to reveal the depth of their love for each other, that would probably not have been possible under normal conditions in the Khan household. Besides, there are so many tracks, such as Zoya's father, that have yet to unclose, and Tanveer is the link to the two Khan household. So is Ayaan, but he is clueless about the Zoya- Siddiquis connection!

As for us viewers, don't we all thrive on those deeply romantic heart-breaking separation, followed by reunions made possible by the hero rescuing the heroine as he crosses all kinds of boundaries---physical and emotional---to save his love and bring her back from the mouth of death? To the romantics at heart that we all are, this must be the most meaningful type of declaration of love where no words are necessary and actions speak for themselves...

Let's hope that after these last disappointing episodes, the highly respected writer/producer Gul Khan and her team are able to bring to us episodes of outstanding standards --- to restore our faith in them that, regardless of the tracks necessary for the evolution of the plot and the characters, they can still produce superior quality scripts and entertaining twists that respect  viewers' expectations and intelligence, and hold us glued to the show as only  QH has managed to do, right from the beginning. 

May we never cease to experience the authentic yet refreshing feel that attracted us to this one-of-a kind show in the first place!  

Edited by AM_MA - 23 June 2013 at 4:55pm

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

Magical_MinLuvshivabc123xyz123quboolhaifanasadzoya143salmanmaniarabiacasaMayaB5ahaliashami9Lisa5121phototazmaniaChotiDesiGirlsoapfandivyabelleAsya_Maaneetvaishnavi31-AngreziKudi-Niyati_21irock321princeegoyalNpdeepateddyyyxDoppelgangerx-Shormi-countingstarzGitaIyer-Candz-GoodyTwoShoesshanakyasharan

-Candz- IF-Sizzlerz
-Candz-
-Candz-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Clap This is for a very well thought out and written topic that brought up some really good points even the ones that I don't think much of us considered after seeing Thursday and Friday's episode. I know I felt upset to my stomach watching Tanveer undress and touch Asad in Thursday's episode. I felt upset, sad and pissed off. A lot of us did. So i really didn't see what you did but now that you've brought it up, you're right.

I honestly didn't see this whole fiasco as bringing them closer [even if to Asad] as  the scene was meant to break them apart for this separation track [even if temporary, hopefully]. What I saw it as was Tanveer being her usual overconfident self and then executing a plan that ultimately fails her motives.

I brought this up in another post, Tanveer may have succeeded in breaking AsYa apart for the moment but she has defamed herself and fallen in the eyes of people who has only seen good in her. Dilshad at the start of Tanveer's track praised her morals and breeding extensively, to Zoya no less  and Najma who fondly told stories about Asad and Tanveer's childhoods but most of all Asad who defended her to Zoya constantly, who admired her character.

This was the main point that came across to me after Friday's episode. Tanveer has just cemented her fate with the Khans. As someone brought up, a Muslim woman can't have more than one husband and she already has one (sunk her own ship with that lie) and her loose behaviour on her BFF's wedding day no less even after she's saw the Dilshad-Shireen confrontation and knew how much this rishta meant to Dilshad and Asad. Dilshad wouldn't choose her to be her DIL after this.

But you have enlightened me to a point that escaped my notice and Tanveer did indeed lose again, by your reasoning and my own point. I don't see how she would emerge a winner here.

Wonderful post! Thumbs Up

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LuvshivAM_MAdivyabelleirock321Npdeepa

Npdeepa IF-Dazzler
Npdeepa
Npdeepa

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Well written post... Yes I saw the difference and I also mention it in others poster...if at all tanveer didn't register in his subconscious mind that AsYa got married and stuffs, he would not have allowed to open his sherwani... And that was possible as she drugged him with date rape drug... So they did IT ... It was with zoya... And From now i hope he address her as zoya... And first he said Aur aap bhi waha thi... And then "jho tum ne dekha ho sach nahi tha" and these are the only dialogues for Asad.

Edited by Npdeepa - 23 June 2013 at 5:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AM_MA

AM_MA Newbie
AM_MA
AM_MA

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
@cclove

Yeah, you would think that's how the Khans, including and especially Asad, would perceive this disgusting incident that literally turned their world upside down. It depends on what kind of justification Tanveer comes up with...yet again!! And how - or not-gullible Asad is...

I sincerely hope that the QH would finally change the trajectory of the Tannu track. Enough is enough and the Khans have too much to lose at this point; it's high time they react, and if they don't, they'd be dumb idiots in most viewers books!! 

And the show would lose more of its appeal!

The viewers unconditional  love for AsYa is what has been sustaining the show for this long, but that might not last very long, considering how he is being now portrayed---as a brainless and spineless idiot!!

Edited by AM_MA - 23 June 2013 at 4:18pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

phototazmaniadivyabelleNpdeepa-Candz-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top