My First (Page 3)

kshows_fangirl Goldie
kshows_fangirl
kshows_fangirl

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by riva2987

Originally posted by nikita59

Haha, this is what u meant LOL...

Okay, honestly I had no idea Korean, Taiwanese, Thai, and Japanese dramas existed. Blame it on my ignorance. I used to watch a lot of American shows like Bones, Castle to name a few...But, I was getting tired of American shows! So, I started watching Spanish telenovelas b/c I have lots of Hispanic friends here in the U.S.! So, I got addicted particularly to Sorteligio (a telenovela), and wasn't able to find Eng. Subtitles for that. So, I searched for it on Google. And, that's how I found Viki. LOL..Now I have lots of Korean friends too! Ironically my 1st friend in the U.S.( now Best Friend) is Korean!Smile..I was very curious about her country's movies and what kind of dramas she watches?! One day after college we just met up and decided to eat after college got over! So, during our chat she began to tell me all about Korean K-pop music, dramas and movies! What she told me was enough for me to be interested in watching. And, with sites like viki, gooddrama, dramafever I had the benefit of watching it with Eng. Sub!

So, I started searching for K shows on Viki! And, I came across Personal Taste! I decided that would be my 1st K show I would watch b/c I found LMH really cute from the posters of this show. I watched that 2 times in a row! As, I wanted to get the hang of some words of Korean language! Plus no offence to other Asian languages, I find Korean language very soothing to my ears. I actually don't like my own language HindiLOL now..u can see what the language has done to me! I liked Personal Taste and the actor so much, that I began to watch more K shows. Honestly I watched like 10 K shows before I finally watched BOF (For some reason, I was very hesitant to watch BOF)!

I had no ideas Mangas existed, so after I watched BOF I realized what things like Mangas meant!
LOL

Okay, and now a couple of weeks ago I got to know about K-pop music. As u can see I live in a world of total ignorance!LOL

Now, I am addicted to 2NE1, Super Junior, Beast, BigBang, CN Blue, 2PM, 2AM, Infinite, JYJ! All the members of these bands, now I am a huge fan of!! I really wish I was born Korean though! They really have got the best music, the best shows and just really awesome culture! I respect that! I thank God that I came across these bands and these shows that now I am a die hard fan of!

awww...dat was super cute nikitaEmbarrassedEmbarrassed...well my 1st show was Boys over flowers...well thanks to music beast within me dat i started watching k-series...well!! on one fine day, i was randomly searching videos on YT...and i came across beautybubz channel...and she used one of BOF song in her video...I liked that song...and when i searched for that song...the 1st video which popped up was BOF VM...and when i saw that vm, i was totally awestruck by that...and dats how i watched my very 1st k series...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

haha...this was the vm, i remember...LOLLOL

I have watched this vm so many times, that it is unbelievable!LOL Atleast,100 times I have watched this..:))

Haha, yeah after K shows, by looking randomly at the mv's that show up on the side I cam across so many other Asian shows too...LOL...Those side YT videos help a lot! It is like totally a new world when I first discovered it! So glad though came across such memorable shows! Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-PrimaDonna-

-PrimaDonna- IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

kshows_fangirl

kshows_fangirl Goldie
kshows_fangirl
kshows_fangirl

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riva2987

I have watched this vm so many times, that it is unbelievable!LOL Atleast,100 times I have watched this..:))

Haha, yeah after K shows, by looking randomly at the mv's that show up on the side I cam across so many other Asian shows too...LOL...Those side YT videos help a lot! It is like totally a new world when I first discovered it! So glad though came across such memorable shows! Tongue

awww, did u seriously watched dat VM so many times..haha ...coolLOLLOL , i personally love that song..EmbarrassedEmbarrassed...do to to to to toto to to, pa pa pa paaa...LOLLOLLOL...yeah!!!Big smile 

same here girl...i think for me K series are much more better than english/hindi series...i mean seriously, k series are friggin magicalEmbarrassedLOL

I have like quit watching Hindi serials for the past 8 months now...Big smile..and HIndi movies I think the last one I watched was like 4 years ago LOL...after watching K shows and other Asian shows I feel our shows and movies are like crap..LOL..can't bear to watch them anymore..Smile

I do watch dance reality shows as my mom loves it, so she makes me watch them..:))

Edited by nikita59 - 28 June 2013 at 9:10am

-PrimaDonna-

purvibahri Groupbie
purvibahri
purvibahri

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
I didnt have a clue that Korean people were like Chinese and Japanese people...I was very much into Japanese animes and mangas, which compelled me to explore dramas as well, and I haven't regreted anything about it, be it sitting in front of the comp sooo long or not sleeping till the wee hours watching dramas! Love every bit of it! Big smile

My encounter with Asian dramas started with the KDrama, 'My Girl' ...even though i didnt even watch the complete first epi...So technically my first FULL Drama would be Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho's 'Personal Taste'...I remember how CRAZY i am even to this date about that Drama...I LOVE it to bits! I was sooo ADDICTED! Since then, i haven't stopped! I watch TDramas, KDramas, JDramas and Laikorns! 
WinkSmile

But 'Personal Taste' will always be special, after all 'a first is a first' !!

Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tutu982kshows_fangirl-PrimaDonna-DonnaHarvey

kshows_fangirl Goldie
kshows_fangirl
kshows_fangirl

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purvibahri

I didnt have a clue that Korean people were like Chinese and Japanese people...I was very much into Japanese animes and mangas, which compelled me to explore dramas as well, and I haven't regreted anything about it, be it sitting in front of the comp sooo long or not sleeping till the wee hours watching dramas! Love every bit of it! Big smile

My encounter with Asian dramas started with the KDrama, 'My Girl' ...even though i didnt even watch the complete first epi...So technically my first FULL Drama would be Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho's 'Personal Taste'...I remember how CRAZY i am even to this date about that Drama...I LOVE it to bits! I was sooo ADDICTED! Since then, i haven't stopped! I watch TDramas, KDramas, JDramas and Laikorns! 
WinkSmile

Embarrassed

U r like me! My first was Personal Taste as well, and the addiction never stopsLOL
Same here, I watch Tdramas,  KDramas, JDramas and Lakorns too! It is fun to watch so many different types of shows..Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

purvibahriDonnaHarvey

purvibahri Groupbie
purvibahri
purvibahri

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by purvibahri

WinkSmile

Embarrassed

U r like me! My first was Personal Taste as well, and the addiction never stopsLOL
Same here, I watch Tdramas,  KDramas, JDramas and Lakorns too! It is fun to watch so many different types of shows..Big smile

LOL! Yea it is FUN to watch shows from different cultures!
Healer. IF-Sizzlerz
Healer.
Healer.

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Oh the initial days LOL i still presume i'm still an amateur when it comes to the amt of dramas i have seen LOL

it all began when i got so frustrated with Indian soaps and all the American shows i watched was on a hiatus, and after a cranky day u need to come back to something to unwind. 

One day randomly i was surfing youtube, in the recomendations list, there was a video of a scene from 'it started with a kiss'...so yeah its started with , it started with a kiss LOL so yeah T-dramas was my gateway to Asian dramas, i never complete that show, although i know all major scenes and the ending but i never did complete ISWAK lol, but yeah i never looked back after that, what followed was Devil besides you, another T-show, which i kinda loved and enjoyed. i had never been exposed to those kind of shows, treatment and all was very different, its only now i understand the cliche's of Asian shows LOL back then it was all new.

Then after completing DBY, i wanted to watch something as romantic, i researched a lot, i googled, youtubed, did all kind of stuff, i did not know dramacrazy existed, i watched the above shows on youtube. that reminds me i also watched this show called Tokyo princess, its a T-show, had a silly crush on the guy too. Coming back to the point, i saw Hana Yori Dango being recommended all over. There i decided to give it a try! and WOW! although i started the asian dramas journey with ISWAK DBY, its HYD which will always be special to me, and i seriously don't know why. Its a very VERY speacial show. the characters , actors and story, its something that touched my heart in a very weird way. honestly speaking i didn't even watch BOF, for me HYD is the best of this manga. Thus started the J drama journey. i watched a couple of J dramas, nobuta wo produce, one litre tears, koizora, tatta hitotsu na koi.

the only time i went back to T-dramas was during Autumns concerto Day Dreaming Day Dreaming that was another experience all together. My most fav romantic drama ever i would say

Yeah still the K-shows weren't in the picture lol, until one day, i was in a mood for watching an Asian movie, i decided to watch a millionaire's love, surprisingly i liked it. from there i started to give K-drama's i try, and i was like where was i ROFL, i had missed such epic dramas. As i said its the treatment that matters. I think K-dramas give the best treatment to their shows in terms of totality. My first K-drama was delightful girl Chun Hyang, followed by my girl, goong. And after that i never looked back, one after the other, i chose very carefully, cause with each dramas expectations went sky high. i am still not well watched in terms of k shows or for that matter any show, cause either i'm lazy or choosy LOL

but seriously, thank goodness for k-dramas, i watch them more than Indian or American shows, cause to be honest being an Indian i need nautanki and melodrama, and Kdramas have those elements WITH a proper story backing it. the kind of ideas they come up with is commendable. For that matter even the J-dramas, the sensitivity with which they handle issues is amazing, its just that J-dramas are kind of too serious, in the sense they are like parallel cinema in hindi film industry, but the topics and subject of the stories are so unique that its very commendable. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tutu982Imzi

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
My first was BOF...introduced, more like FORCED by my higjschool friends lol. I hated it...except i loved the hot guys xD BUT then I watched coffee prince and that was the beginning to my addiction

Go to top