Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: purvibahri

I didnt have a clue that Korean people were like Chinese and Japanese people...I was very much into Japanese animes and mangas, which compelled me to explore dramas as well, and I haven't regreted anything about it, be it sitting in front of the comp sooo long or not sleeping till the wee hours watching dramas! Love every bit of it! πŸ˜ƒ

My encounter with Asian dramas started with the KDrama, 'My Girl' ...even though i didnt even watch the complete first epi...So technically my first FULL Drama would be Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho's 'Personal Taste'...I remember how CRAZY i am even to this date about that Drama...I LOVE it to bits! I was sooo ADDICTED! Since then, i haven't stopped! I watch TDramas, KDramas, JDramas and Laikorns! 
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

But 'Personal Taste' will always be special, after all 'a first is a first' !!

😳

U r like me! My first was Personal Taste as well, and the addiction never stopsπŸ˜†
Same here, I watch Tdramas,  KDramas, JDramas and Lakorns too! It is fun to watch so many different types of shows..πŸ˜ƒ
purvibahri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikita59

U r like me! My first was Personal Taste as well, and the addiction never stopsπŸ˜†
Same here, I watch Tdramas,  KDramas, JDramas and Lakorns too! It is fun to watch so many different types of shows..πŸ˜ƒ

LOL! Yea it is FUN to watch shows from different cultures!
Healer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh the initial days πŸ˜† i still presume i'm still an amateur when it comes to the amt of dramas i have seen πŸ˜†

it all began when i got so frustrated with Indian soaps and all the American shows i watched was on a hiatus, and after a cranky day u need to come back to something to unwind. 

One day randomly i was surfing youtube, in the recomendations list, there was a video of a scene from 'it started with a kiss'...so yeah its started with , it started with a kiss πŸ˜† so yeah T-dramas was my gateway to Asian dramas, i never complete that show, although i know all major scenes and the ending but i never did complete ISWAK lol, but yeah i never looked back after that, what followed was Devil besides you, another T-show, which i kinda loved and enjoyed. i had never been exposed to those kind of shows, treatment and all was very different, its only now i understand the cliche's of Asian shows πŸ˜† back then it was all new.

Then after completing DBY, i wanted to watch something as romantic, i researched a lot, i googled, youtubed, did all kind of stuff, i did not know dramacrazy existed, i watched the above shows on youtube. that reminds me i also watched this show called Tokyo princess, its a T-show, had a silly crush on the guy too. Coming back to the point, i saw Hana Yori Dango being recommended all over. There i decided to give it a try! and WOW! although i started the asian dramas journey with ISWAK DBY, its HYD which will always be special to me, and i seriously don't know why. Its a very VERY speacial show. the characters , actors and story, its something that touched my heart in a very weird way. honestly speaking i didn't even watch BOF, for me HYD is the best of this manga. Thus started the J drama journey. i watched a couple of J dramas, nobuta wo produce, one litre tears, koizora, tatta hitotsu na koi.

the only time i went back to T-dramas was during Autumns concerto that was another experience all together. My most fav romantic drama ever i would say

Yeah still the K-shows weren't in the picture lol, until one day, i was in a mood for watching an Asian movie, i decided to watch a millionaire's love, surprisingly i liked it. from there i started to give K-drama's i try, and i was like where was i 🀣, i had missed such epic dramas. As i said its the treatment that matters. I think K-dramas give the best treatment to their shows in terms of totality. My first K-drama was delightful girl Chun Hyang, followed by my girl, goong. And after that i never looked back, one after the other, i chose very carefully, cause with each dramas expectations went sky high. i am still not well watched in terms of k shows or for that matter any show, cause either i'm lazy or choosy πŸ˜†

but seriously, thank goodness for k-dramas, i watch them more than Indian or American shows, cause to be honest being an Indian i need nautanki and melodrama, and Kdramas have those elements WITH a proper story backing it. the kind of ideas they come up with is commendable. For that matter even the J-dramas, the sensitivity with which they handle issues is amazing, its just that J-dramas are kind of too serious, in the sense they are like parallel cinema in hindi film industry, but the topics and subject of the stories are so unique that its very commendable. 
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My first was BOF...introduced, more like FORCED by my higjschool friends lol. I hated it...except i loved the hot guys xD BUT then I watched coffee prince and that was the beginning to my addiction

Originally posted by: .shona.

My first was BOF...introduced, more like FORCED by my higjschool friends lol. I hated it...except i loved the hot guys xD BUT then I watched coffee prince and that was the beginning to my addiction

OMG..shona, i loved coffee prince...am still so much struck into dat series...its one of my favt favt series..😳😳...i just finished playful kiss..and it was nothing in comparison to CP..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
.shona. thumbnail
Yeah riva CP goes into my all time favorite list for sure! Yoon eun hye and gong yii's chemistry is unbeatable. Such a cute show :p
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
My first K-drama was Legend/Story of First King's Four Gods.
After that, I got hooked & I've watched so many dramas but still nothing comes close to Legend.
Have you watched it yet?
It's brilliant :)
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

My first K-drama was Legend/Story of First King's Four Gods.

After that, I got hooked & I've watched so many dramas but still nothing comes close to Legend.
Have you watched it yet?
It's brilliant :)

strangely enough, I have never heard of it. I will go check it out now.
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Watching King 2 Hearts AGAIN!!! πŸ˜†..During the day I saw this video of Lee Seung Gi w/ Baek Ji Young performing live on My Ear's Candy...Gosh Lee Seung Gi was looking so damn HOT in that video! I was totally fanning myself looking at him! He was looking just so manly, w/ that smirk off his, and gosh his chemistry w/ Baek Ji Young was too good!! I loved seeing LEe Seung Gi in a different avatar, he just looks a lot more attractive than before in this video!

I have been singing this song all day now, thanks to my addiction to Lee Seung Gi!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ktc6MUMms
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: DonnaHarvey

strangely enough, I have never heard of it. I will go check it out now.

You can watch the show on YouTube,