Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
My first Korean drama...ah! What fond memories! 
My first K drama was Full House with Rain & I didn't bother to remember the name of the woman because, at the time, I was not very good with Korean names. Plus, I was too into Rainism to even look for other actors. Don't if the younger bunch has watched this one. I think I watched it 5+ years ago. It aired in English on a Canadian channel which was subsequently scraped for poor ratings. *Sigh*

So, what was your first Asian drama? Where did it all start? I would love to hear.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

tutu982kshows_fangirl-AngelaKaParI--PrimaDonna-gal.angelprc_fan1.BlackJack.--Krish--.AbhIyalicious.Apoorva_22Bes_BDebolina.GodhuliLogonHappyMelody-Eris-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My First" in Asian Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kshows_fangirl

Goldie

kshows_fangirl

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Haha, this is what u meant LOL...

Okay, honestly I had no idea Korean, Taiwanese, Thai, and Japanese dramas existed. Blame it on my ignorance. I used to watch a lot of American shows like Bones, Castle to name a few...But, I was getting tired of American shows! So, I started watching Spanish telenovelas b/c I have lots of Hispanic friends here in the U.S.! So, I got addicted particularly to Sorteligio (a telenovela), and wasn't able to find Eng. Subtitles for that. So, I searched for it on Google. And, that's how I found Viki. LOL..Now I have lots of Korean friends too! Ironically my 1st friend in the U.S.( now Best Friend) is Korean!Smile..I was very curious about her country's movies and what kind of dramas she watches?! One day after college we just met up and decided to eat after college got over! So, during our chat she began to tell me all about Korean K-pop music, dramas and movies! What she told me was enough for me to be interested in watching. And, with sites like viki, gooddrama, dramafever I had the benefit of watching it with Eng. Sub!

So, I started searching for K shows on Viki! And, I came across Personal Taste! I decided that would be my 1st K show I would watch b/c I found LMH really cute from the posters of this show. I watched that 2 times in a row! As, I wanted to get the hang of some words of Korean language! Plus no offence to other Asian languages, I find Korean language very soothing to my ears. I actually don't like my own language HindiLOL now..u can see what the language has done to me! I liked Personal Taste and the actor so much, that I began to watch more K shows. Honestly I watched like 10 K shows before I finally watched BOF (For some reason, I was very hesitant to watch BOF)!

I had no ideas Mangas existed, so after I watched BOF I realized what things like Mangas meant!
LOL

Okay, and now a couple of weeks ago I got to know about K-pop music. As u can see I live in a world of total ignorance!LOL

Now, I am addicted to 2NE1, Super Junior, Beast, BigBang, CN Blue, 2PM, 2AM, Infinite, JYJ! All the members of these bands, now I am a huge fan of!! I really wish I was born Korean though! They really have got the best music, the best shows and just really awesome culture! I respect that! I thank God that I came across these bands and these shows that now I am a die hard fan of!

Edited by nikita59 - 23 June 2013 at 6:42pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--Krish---AngelaKaParI-DonnaHarvey

tutu982

tutu982

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
My first KDrama was Boys over Flowers and ever since I got addicted to KDramas and I love Kpop. Lee min ho and Lee seung gi are my two favorite actors!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kidsname--Krish--DonnaHarvey

--Krish--

IF-Rockerz

--Krish--

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
as nikita mentioned, i was not aware of any asian shows.. i knew they had dramas but was not interested in it .. i was happy with indian and american shows and movies..  i had watched lot of k-movies and i loved those but never dreamt of watching the dramas..

once when exchanging some movies with my sisters friends, they gave me 2 korean dramas.. but i never watched it for a few months but never deleted it (thank god).. once when i was bored and had nothing better to do, i started watching the shows - they were You are beautiful and Boys over flowers.. i started with You are beautiful and god i was hooked !! i loved JSK and the other leads soo much that i downloaded Mary stayed out  all night and Heartstrings...these kind of scared me..  but since the pull from YAB was soo good that i could over come the other 2 heartbreaks and watch other k-drama.. now i research properly and watch 1 or 2 epis before deciding to watch/download the series..

Now i have watched 100+ asian drama.. i like k-dramas for their cindrealla feel and rom-coms.. but i feel J-dramas have more variety and craziness in them..  thaiwanese dramas i like only very few..  but they have good kisses Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kshows_fangirlRolzz

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Lol aha, so this is what the world was going to see DonnaLOL

So if you've read another thread, you probably know my first kdrama was Goong and is a really special drama for me, partially because I got into kdramas at a low point in my life and it opened the doors to basically everything Korean...let's call it a gateway drug haha

I love Goong for the innocence of everyone invovled, moreso Yoon Eun Hye and Lee Joon, both who did fantastic. Yes its not the best drama I've ever seen but its one that i know I'll always love and still watch to this day. 

Actually, my introduction to Kdramas connects me to IF cause without IF I would not have met my first IF friend (Tiki from JJKN forums) who would not have introduced me to Kdramas, which got me into Big Bang and Taeyang, which lead me to opening Taeyang's first international blog (5 years and still running!!). I would not have begun watching Japanese, Taiwanese and Thai dramas, or learned how to subtitle and segment dramas. I probably wouldn't have met all the amazing people here, worked with awesome people from the world on my blog and spent endless hours on dramas lol totally worth it!

P.S if you're curious, here's the blog http://alwaystaeyang.wordpress.com

Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 23 June 2013 at 10:09pm

tutu982kshows_fangirl

kshows_fangirl

Goldie

kshows_fangirl

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Krish--

as nikita mentioned, i was not aware of any asian shows.. i knew they had dramas but was not interested in it .. i was happy with indian and american shows and movies..  i had watched lot of k-movies and i loved those but never dreamt of watching the dramas..

once when exchanging some movies with my sisters friends, they gave me 2 korean dramas.. but i never watched it for a few months but never deleted it (thank god).. once when i was bored and had nothing better to do, i started watching the shows - they were You are beautiful and Boys over flowers.. i started with You are beautiful and god i was hooked !! i loved JSK and the other leads soo much that i downloaded Mary stayed out  all night and Heartstrings...these kind of scared me..  but since the pull from YAB was soo good that i could over come the other 2 heartbreaks and watch other k-drama.. now i research properly and watch 1 or 2 epis before deciding to watch/download the series..

Now i have watched 100+ asian drama.. i like k-dramas for their cindrealla feel and rom-coms.. but i feel J-dramas have more variety and craziness in them..  thaiwanese dramas i like only very few..  but they have good kisses Embarrassed

Haha, my main reason to like Taiwanese dramas is b/c of their GREAT kisses!LOL..Though there are more than a couple of shows which I have really loved. But, yes they sure do know and love how to kissWink...It is weird to see such cultural differences and the traditions their dramas portray!
Taiwanese - most confident about kissing scenes! No inhibitions!
Korean - I like it, they don't overdo, but at places I wish the female would just open her mouth, it kinda sucks to see when the male just puts his mouth on her lips, and she is all stiff! But, there are a few K shows in which the kissing was just rightly done!
Japanese - You know I have never had a problem with their kissing scenes, b/c their shows are a lot more serious than any other Asian shows, and always seem to portray a social and educational message! I just like their shows as they are. But, yeah the female leads don't go as stiff as the Korean ones do when it comes to kissing scenes..:)
Thai - Hmm...I would say is the most conservative out of them in terms of kissing scenes! But, I don't really have any problem b/c they do follow the Mills and Boons type storyline, and I am pretty much okay with it!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Krish--

gal.angel

IF-Rockerz

gal.angel

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 2:06am | IP Logged
My first k drama was Boys over flower n den after i watch many k dramas n movies ... n now m big korean freakLOL i also watch some thai movies too..

tutu982--Krish--

--Krish--

IF-Rockerz

--Krish--

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikita59

Originally posted by --Krish--

Haha, my main reason to like Taiwanese dramas is b/c of their GREAT kisses!LOL..Though there are more than a couple of shows which I have really loved. But, yes they sure do know and love how to kissWink...It is weird to see such cultural differences and the traditions their dramas portray!
Taiwanese - most confident about kissing scenes! No inhibitions!
Korean - I like it, they don't overdo, but at places I wish the female would just open her mouth, it kinda sucks to see when the male just puts his mouth on her lips, and she is all stiff! But, there are a few K shows in which the kissing was just rightly done!
Japanese - You know I have never had a problem with their kissing scenes, b/c their shows are a lot more serious than any other Asian shows, and always seem to portray a social and educational message! I just like their shows as they are. But, yeah the female leads don't go as stiff as the Korean ones do when it comes to kissing scenes..:)
Thai - Hmm...I would say is the most conservative out of them in terms of kissing scenes! But, I don't really have any problem b/c they do follow the Mills and Boons type storyline, and I am pretty much okay with it!Smile

oh dont i hate the touch ur lips and freeze game in k-dramas ! it drives me nuts sometime.. the only shows with good kisses in k-dramas are YEHs.. i think she knows how to kiss properly and inspires her co-stars to kiss.. Wink
i love k-drama rom-coms.. but i am more in love with Japanese dramas .. as u mentioned they always have some message or something and they have wide variety.. that is what i love.. and they r short - average 11 epis of 45 mins each.. so there is no dragging like k-drama and t-dramas..
t-drama also have their share of bad kisses.. but i think generally speaking they are good .. but still i like k-dramas better than t-dramas..
i havnt watched thai dramas yet.. may b i will watch it sometime soon..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kshows_fangirl

Post Reply New Post

Go to top