Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Ruqaiya and Jodha (Page 2)

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by libran90

Hello guys...a question is irking me for quite a number of days...we are all focusing on Jodha and Jalal...but what about Ruqaiya and Jodha???...What do you think,how will their relationship be...because there is not much given about them in History...so ...and they have not been shown in the same frame as yet,there's time to that...yet

e,, ruquiya begum was akbar first wife and was married to him at the age of fourteen being the first wife of Akbar she was conferrred with the title of Padshah Begum meaning the first lady...she was childless and outlived Akbar she is known for her prominent role in upbringing Shah Jahan...she was given the responsibility of khurram or shah jahan wen he was six days old and she brought him like her own son...she had a great bond with Jahengir (son of Jodha) and jahengir had stated her importance in his life in several occassions...despite of being childless she was devoted wife of Akbar and her status remained unmatched but her marital relation with akbar was bittersweet ...her relation with Akbar's other wife were good infact.ruquia and akbar second wife were childhood friends and they grew together and shared a deep bond... her relation with the Rajput princess were rather cold... after giving birth to salim Akbar overlooked her claim as the first wife and elevated Jodha to the position of Empress...neglected and dejected she was driven to despair and lived in the palace looking after the responbility of the palace...it was in the old age Akbar realized his mistake. He even regretted to have ever taken another wife apart from Ruqaiya, and even recommended monogamy, in his middle age saying, "To seek more than one wife is to work one's own undoing. In case she the wife were barren or bore no son, it might then be expedient. thus clearly indicates his reason for polygamy was to have a heir for his throne...and she played a great role in reconciling salim and akbar in later year of his life...histoirans belive tht Ruquiya Begum and Rajput Princess remained hostile towards each other till the endSmile (though there is no strong evidence tht supports the claim)

If going by Ekta maata's trend,she could easily turn Ruqaiya into a vamp...but i think that there is already Adham Khan,Mahamanga...and even Jalal(at present) who are the villains in Jodha's life and...not forgetting Bairam Khan baba of course...

ektaa maiyaa can even go for divorce reconciliation plastic surgery and wat not Wacko
I really hope she doesn't turn Ruqaiya into a vamp...and what about Jalal's mother...Hamida Banu Begum???

hamida banu begam didnt have much influence in the court as she spent most of our life travelling with her husband leaving Akbar in the custody of MAHAMANGA and later on devoted herself to islam...she was a religious lady Embarrassed

In the movie she was quite nice...what about now...we do not even know who is going to play Jalal's mother... Any bright ideas??

Edited by arti07 - 23 June 2013 at 2:55pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Dikshi92libran90

kitu Goldie
kitu
kitu

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
yep it is quite confusing...Confused donno know whts up wd Ekta mam's mind to show further.. I jus guess it will b shown dat ruquiya will deliver a baby girl..as so far historical situations are concern... Prince Salim urf Jahangir was the only elder son of Akbar, the heir of Mughal throne n his mom ws none other than Maharani Jodha..Embarrassedn Akbar n Jodha blessed wd this baby after fasts and mannats before hajrat nijamuddin dargah   As we have seen in Mughal-e- Azam movie too..
kitu Goldie
kitu
kitu

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
I m also wondering who wl b playing Bakshi Bano Begam.. Jalal's sister..
..nams.. IF-Rockerz
..nams..
..nams..

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 2:02am | IP Logged
dont u know ekta is the queen of twisting tales.. she is so powerful that she couldnt even spare history! she had insert her saasu bahu tactics in here too [ which she uses in her Every serial without fail! ]

neverthless it mite be fun to watch.. lets see..

but as far i can see it.. jodha is gonna suffer a Hell Lot! 

first Akbar himself, then maham anga.. and now her southan!

god knows what else is on her way.. Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

riyya6

Dikshi92 Senior Member
Dikshi92
Dikshi92

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arti07

Originally posted by libran90

Hello guys...a question is irking me for quite a number of days...we are all focusing on Jodha and Jalal...but what about Ruqaiya and Jodha???...What do you think,how will their relationship be...because there is not much given about them in History...so ...and they have not been shown in the same frame as yet,there's time to that...yet

e,, ruquiya begum was akbar first wife and was married to him at the age of fourteen being the first wife of Akbar she was conferrred with the title of Padshah Begum meaning the first lady...she was childless and outlived Akbar she is known for her prominent role in upbringing Shah Jahan...she was given the responsibility of khurram or shah jahan wen he was six days old and she brought him like her own son...she had a great bond with Jahengir (son of Jodha) and jahengir had stated her importance in his life in several occassions...despite of being childless she was devoted wife of Akbar and her status remained unmatched but her marital relation with akbar was bittersweet ...her relation with Akbar's other wife were good infact.ruquia and akbar second wife were childhood friends and they grew together and shared a deep bond... her relation with the Rajput princess were rather cold... after giving birth to salim Akbar overlooked her claim as the first wife and elevated Jodha to the position of Empress...neglected and dejected she was driven to despair and lived in the palace looking after the responbility of the palace...it was in the old age Akbar realized his mistake. He even regretted to have ever taken another wife apart from Ruqaiya, and even recommended monogamy, in his middle age saying, "To seek more than one wife is to work one's own undoing. In case she the wife were barren or bore no son, it might then be expedient. thus clearly indicates his reason for polygamy was to have a heir for his throne...and she played a great role in reconciling salim and akbar in later year of his life...histoirans belive tht Ruquiya Begum and Rajput Princess remained hostile towards each other till the endSmile (though there is no strong evidence tht supports the claim)

If going by Ekta maata's trend,she could easily turn Ruqaiya into a vamp...but i think that there is already Adham Khan,Mahamanga...and even Jalal(at present) who are the villains in Jodha's life and...not forgetting Bairam Khan baba of course...

ektaa maiyaa can even go for divorce reconciliation plastic surgery and wat not Wacko
I really hope she doesn't turn Ruqaiya into a vamp...and what about Jalal's mother...Hamida Banu Begum???

hamida banu begam didnt have much influence in the court as she spent most of our life travelling with her husband leaving Akbar in the custody of MAHAMANGA and later on devoted herself to islam...she was a religious lady Embarrassed

In the movie she was quite nice...what about now...we do not even know who is going to play Jalal's mother... Any bright ideas??

It was very informative dear.. thanks for sharing.. BTW where did you get so much info about Akbar's marital life?? I would like to know more Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

libran90..nams..Incense

QtnNotti Goldie
QtnNotti
QtnNotti

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 2:38am | IP Logged
I am waiting for this track eagerly Wink
Annarichard Senior Member
Annarichard
Annarichard

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by radt

Originally posted by Annarichard

Originally posted by radt

Jalal met Ruqaiya? Did I miss something?

yes it ws shown in the sbs segment tht ruqqaiya jalals first wife cums to him nd tells him tht hes gonna be a father soon nd jalal is all happy after hearing tht thn they showed some glimpses of jalal nd ruqqaiyas romance where actually she ws the one trying to act all lovey dovey nd jalal was thinking abt somthing..nd ruqqiaya is played by the actress who ws in the movie kalyug :) her name is smiley suri nd shes kinda cute too :)

Ohh! But i thought Akbar's eldest son was with Jodha... Jahangir.
That would mean Ruqqaiya and Akbar's son would be his first! This is confusing.

no actually we as yet dnt kno whether ruqqaiya is gonna deliver a baby boy or a girl bcz if history is anything to go by thn jehangir ws the elder son of akbar nd he became the next king after him nd he ws jodhabai's son! as we kno tht this is ekta kapoors serial so anything can happen..she may or may not adulter the history!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

radt

libran90 Goldie
libran90
libran90

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 7:50am | IP Logged
But Ekta maata has said that she is going to show 80%history and 20% fiction...so lets see...what she does with Jodha and Ruqaiya's relationship...if gone by history then she will be hostile towards her...

As far as child is concerned...Ruqaiya might have a miscarriage or have a girl...or God knows what...we shall see...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index