Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

is RAANJHANA sonam's COCKTAIL? (Page 9)

SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by WhiteNights.

I read that Shahid and Sonakshi were the director's first choice for the leads. Now that I have seen the movie, I simply cannot imagine any other actors as Kundan-Zoya.
However I have doubts if Sonakshi would have looked the part as a schoolgirl. Shahid, with the baccha face that he has would have been fine but then acting wise, Dhanush is way better.
Really?? I just cannot imagine anybody else playing zoya and kundan other than dhanush and sonam. Shahid would hv suited good for the school part as well but im not sure if he could hv delivered the performance that dhanush did so convincingly.. 
 When i saw the promos initially i was so sure about Dhanush rocking this performance, i mean his khadal kondaen's performance still gives me goosebumps and if he can give that mettle of acting in his second film then this surely was way easier than that.. It is Sonam who completely surprised me, i mean i could never imagine her playing such a complicated role so well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krushersWhiteNights.

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sylph-

I read that Shahid and Sonakshi were the director's first choice for the leads. Now that I have seen the movie, I simply cannot imagine any other actors as Kundan-Zoya.
However I have doubts if Sonakshi would have looked the part as a schoolgirl. Shahid, with the baccha face that he has would have been fine but then acting wise, Dhanush is way better.
Really?? I just cannot imagine anybody else playing zoya and kundan other than dhanush and sonam. Shahid would hv suited good for the school part as well but im not sure if he could hv delivered the performance that dhanush did so convincingly.. 
 When i saw the promos initially i was so sure about Dhanush rocking this performance, i mean his khadal kondaen's performance still gives me goosebumps and if he can give that mettle of acting in his second film then this surely was way easier than that.. It is Sonam who completely surprised me, i mean i could never imagine her playing such a complicated role so well.

Oh yes, atleast the rumours of Shahid being his first choice are quite strong. Here I found a segment on Zoom Tv where they question Anand L Rai about this:
TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Hey guys, thanks for clearing the  maa/ammi thing.  I was just wondering whether muslims use the word maa too.

@AreYaar, you're right Aise naa dekho has to be the most haunting song in the movie. And  its brilliant the way it blends so smoothly with the picturised scenes. You know, I had a confusion during the song whether Sonam was starting to fall in love with Dhanush there finally. As in Zoya for Kundan lol. Cause she kept staring at him, even give him second and third glances whenever he passed by, i kept wondering is it possible she is finally accepting it...ahh it was all a dream thoughDay Dreaming in reality she was shooting daggers at him, getting jealous/insecureOuch

@bold :- thinking dat constantly while i watched d song, my heart bled..Broken Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WhiteNights.

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by harshu.sundas

Hey guys, thanks for clearing the  maa/ammi thing.  I was just wondering whether muslims use the word maa too.

@AreYaar, you're right Aise naa dekho has to be the most haunting song in the movie. And  its brilliant the way it blends so smoothly with the picturised scenes. You know, I had a confusion during the song whether Sonam was starting to fall in love with Dhanush there finally. As in Zoya for Kundan lol. Cause she kept staring at him, even give him second and third glances whenever he passed by, i kept wondering is it possible she is finally accepting it...ahh it was all a dream thoughDay Dreaming in reality she was shooting daggers at him, getting jealous/insecureOuch

@bold :- thinking dat constantly while i watched d song, my heart bled..Broken Heart

same here. you know all these small small instances..like the one where Kundan asks  to be allowed to  accompany Zoya's group in the bus and they allow him and he climbs atop the bus, Zoya's sitting right below with a stoned expression?...OMG! I don;t know why but I could feel myself in Kundan's place, longing, loving, hurting so bad. Imagine the one you love hates you like that? Their chemistry in the second half was so palpable, tension filled and throbbing with emotions.
TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 2:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by harshu.sundas

same here. you know all these small small instances..like the one where Kundan asks  to be allowed to  accompany Zoya's group in the bus and they allow him and he climbs atop the bus, Zoya's sitting right below with a stoned expression?...OMG! I don;t know why but I could feel myself in Kundan's place, longing, loving, hurting so bad. Imagine the one you love hates you like that? Their chemistry in the second half was so palpable, tension filled and throbbing with emotions.

chemistry was so convincing dat u know, kundan was suffering, i felt d pain.. zoya was misleading him, i felt like stopping her.. 
i felt more aweful, d moment she goes nd confesses her love ( fake love) to him, just b4 sending him 2 d rally.. the despair and hurtful expressions by Dhanush, it was obvious dat hw kundan felt dat he knew zoya was lying..
even d scene, when zoya passes by him in d station and doesnt rcognizes him.. d instant change of expressions from a happy note to a gloomy one, Dhanush did wonders.. only if he wudnt raise my human emotions to that level, i cud never get connected 2 d film..
even d moments whenever zoya hugged him, watever d reasons, r i just got melted, wid d expressions he had, i cud feel d love and happiness of kundan, and also d longing he had for his lady love..
best moment was d tightest hug, where he bursts his anger nd tells her dat he will never look back to her, ohh they sizzled.. sonam fitted damn well in Dhanush's arms, they looked gorgeous..  

krushersWhiteNights.

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:43am | IP Logged
haha this thread is going on a different tangent now.. but am loving these discussions:) I think we have gone way beyond whether Raanjhanaa is Sonam's cocktail but I am sure all the positive responses by critics and public alike towards her performance has proven it to be the case :)

You bet! Sonam and Dhanush are just too perfect with each other. I think the chemistry is so good also because these two are totally comfortable and friendly with each other offscreen. They share a very comfortable relationship. Have been watching all their offscreen promotional interviews and love them all the more.
On one hand I want to see both of them do more and more movies in BW and on the other, I am not sure how I will take Dhanush with other bw heroines, I am feeling very possessive for these two and want them opposite each other alwaysLOL

krushersTeAmo_Messi

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:51am | IP Logged

haha this thread is going on a different tangent now.. but am loving these discussions:) I think we have gone way beyond whether Raanjhanaa is Sonam's cocktail but I am sure all the positive responses by critics and public alike towards her performance has proven it to be the case :)

You bet! Sonam and Dhanush are just too perfect with each other. I think the chemistry is so good also because these two are totally comfortable and friendly with each other offscreen. They share a very comfortable relationship. Have been watching all their offscreen promotional interviews and love them all the more.
On one hand I want to see both of them do more and more movies in BW and on the other, I am not sure how I will take Dhanush with other bw heroines, I am feeling very possessive for these two and want them opposite each other alwaysLOL

u know m liking d cool discussions, even reading them makes me feel happy.. becos atleast we get smthing dat is worth of talking ..

coming back 2 d topic, i am not a sonam or deepika fan.. bgut from where i see, i dont think sonam needs 2 get a cocktail like success 2 cum back 2 d race.. she is already back, and in a most smashing way, every part of d film is praised, and very few films do wonders both for d audience and critics, and Ranjhaana is one of that film..
i was shocked 2 see hw her nd Dhanush's chemistry gave me goosebumps, becos that was wat i expected least from this film..
offscreen wise, i love d way Dhanush said that he will choose his frend sonam over his costar.. he actually respect her a lot, and she also makes him feel home, aftrall she knows dat hw shy he is.. and loved d bond they share, promotional interviews were damn adorable.. love d way hw sonam yawns when dhanush parises her acting talenbt, as she means dat he better look at his own collar and realise dat hw good he is..Day Dreaming

on ur lst para.. i so wana see them 2gether in a film again..  it will take me years to 4get d impact they have created for me as kundan-zoya..  if i wud b zoya, kundan wudnt have 2 worry..ROFL

krushersWhiteNights.

Go to top