India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

is RAANJHANA sonam's COCKTAIL? (Page 8)

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, thanks for clearing the  maa/ammi thing.  I was just wondering whether muslims use the word maa too.

@AreYaar, you're right Aise naa dekho has to be the most haunting song in the movie. And  its brilliant the way it blends so smoothly with the picturised scenes. You know, I had a confusion during the song whether Sonam was starting to fall in love with Dhanush there finally. As in Zoya for Kundan lol. Cause she kept staring at him, even give him second and third glances whenever he passed by, i kept wondering is it possible she is finally accepting it...ahh it was all a dream thoughDay Dreaming in reality she was shooting daggers at him, getting jealous/insecureOuch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TeAmo_MessiAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
@Fary: Wow a psycho stalker at 19? LOL no wonder he gets amused in the interviews when they call Kundan a stalker characterLOL...Ok will look forward to the links :-)

Originally posted by WhiteNights.

Hey guys, thanks for clearing the  maa/ammi thing.  I was just wondering whether muslims use the word maa too.

@AreYaar, you're right Aise naa dekho has to be the most haunting song in the movie. And  its brilliant the way it blends so smoothly with the picturised scenes. You know, I had a confusion during the song whether Sonam was starting to fall in love with Dhanush there finally. As in Zoya for Kundan lol. Cause she kept staring at him, even give him second and third glances whenever he passed by, i kept wondering is it possible she is finally accepting it...ahh it was all a dream thoughDay Dreaming in reality she was shooting daggers at him, getting jealous/insecureOuch

Zoya had this CONNECTION with Kundan...whatever it once started as and whatever it grew into...yes it wasn't love...but was something meaningful on another deep level...at this point she resented him, hated him...he was a living reminder to her of her loss which she blamed him for...on top of that he was taking over the only mission she had left in life...at the same time she was struggling with keeping up a charade of being on good terms with him to see her plan to the end...she never accepted him...and that understanding was always there in Kundan's eyes...he had no hope on that front and was just confused by Zoya's conflicting behavior at this point...but I love how the lyrics of the song capture ALL of these varying emotions running b/w these two characters...it's brilliant!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

krushersWhiteNights.naadanmasakalli

naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged
LOL it comes as a huge surprise caz all along you do not expect that from Vinod (the character he played )and feel for him. but some of his Best Work is with his Brother  no wonder he said that he owes everything to him as he made him what he is today but i'll be looking forward to your Feedback but ignore the bad effects it's a 2003 movie and tamil cinema wasn't that advanced back than & if you want lighter films than yara di ni mohinee and the original of ready & kutty love all the 3 esp kutty & yara di ni mohinee 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Brilliant analysis! You put it so beautifully Too many conflicting emotions going on there, even for me as a viewer. the second half I felt like I was riding on the emotional rollercoaster with the two of them.
What could be her feelings in the last scene though. Was she repenting what was done? I never fully understood and I guess the mysteriousness of the whole thing is what gets to you. That's why this movie is so haunting.

naadanmasakalliAreYaar

SRK-BEBO IF-Dazzler
SRK-BEBO
SRK-BEBO

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged
SHE GOT GOOD FEEDBCK, THTS GRET..BUT SHOW unlike DP in Cocktil
naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Talking about Sonam Here's the new promo from Milkha of rangrez and Boy her expressions are bang on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4eicg7vFJa4
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by WhiteNights.

Brilliant analysis! You put it so beautifully Too many conflicting emotions going on there, even for me as a viewer. the second half I felt like I was riding on the emotional rollercoaster with the two of them.
What could be her feelings in the last scene though. Was she repenting what was done? I never fully understood and I guess the mysteriousness of the whole thing is what gets to you. That's why this movie is so haunting.

Ahh the last scene...first time I watched the movie, I couldn't grasp the full emotional impact cuz I was just left feeling quite depressed for the characters...then I watched it again and felt the emotions more strongly...Sonam was BRILLIANT in this scene...notice the transitions in her expressions as she sits there watching him...her eyes are dead as Kundan also states in his voiceover...but she has this soft smile on her face as she strokes his face...almost like she's letting him go and telling him to be at peace at last...I think that moment was beyond repentance...it was almost trance-like in the way she sat there watching him...Maybe we can speculate that in that moment she finally understood his love for her...a love that happily went to his end for her...it's just about so much strong EMOTION...like you said, there is that ambiguity left there that haunts you even after it ends...too many emotions to feel with these two characters, this story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WhiteNights.

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nadaanmasakalli

Talking about Sonam Here's the new promo from Milkha of rangrez and Boy her expressions are bang on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4eicg7vFJa4

OMG what  a BEAUTIFUL promo! This is my fav. song from the album and they've picturized it beautifully...such adorably done moments! Sonam toh seems to have taken a LEAP overnight in terms of acting...so happy to see this...after ages, she's living up to the potential I've been waiting to see from her.

krushersnaadanmasakalli

Go to top