India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

is RAANJHANA sonam's COCKTAIL? (Page 7)

naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Anu i love your Sig from the thu scene Do you mind if i use?? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nadaanmasakalli

LOLL@ thu scene...haha...and here I was calling it the hospital scene...lol...thanks, Fary...sure you can use it :-)

This movie has taken over my mindDay DreamingLOL...I've become obsessed with the music especially..(I wish they'd release the bg score...the instrumental versions of Tum tak *sigh*)...and then the movie as a whole...these scenes I've already watched on repeat...Sonam really impressed me in this movie (this thu scene mein her acting was superb)...and Dhanush toh is beyond words.

Edited by AreYaar - 25 June 2013 at 10:57pm

naadanmasakalli

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by WhiteNights.

I read that Shahid and Sonakshi were the director's first choice for the leads. Now that I have seen the movie, I simply cannot imagine any other actors as Kundan-Zoya.
However I have doubts if Sonakshi would have looked the part as a schoolgirl. Shahid, with the baccha face that he has would have been fine but then actingwise, Dhanush is way better.

Really? That's strange cuz all the Anand Rai interviews I've read/seen, he's saying that Dhanush and Sonam were the first choices for him and he couldn't think of anyone else for the roles...Either ways I'm glad casting went this way...I don't think Shahid or Sonakshi would have been right for these roles.

As for Sonam, yes she has to work on her dialogue delivery but she's grown as an actress...Saawariyaa was airing on TV again today and after having just watched Raanjhanaa, her growth as an actress is every more visible in contrast.

I think Deepika has majorly improved as actress too...I think she did a lovely job in YJHD...first half...but even Deepika has voice modulation issues...I cringed a lot during her "mujhe phir se tumse pyar ho jaayega" line...so if Deepika's voice modulation can be overlooked in some ways, so can Sonam's I guess...lol

Sonam  has a way of delivering this quiet depth/pain in a character if a director handles her well...and Raanjhanaa gave her that chance...she emoted very well.

OMG! I LOVEEE your siggyEmbarrassed can i steal it a little later?LOL kidding.

Well, I read it in Wikipedia. So not sure how true the news is, but yes just glad the final casting turned out to be just how it was. Gosh! cannot imagine how obsessed I am with this movie at the moment. The songs "Tum Tak" and title one keep running in my head throughout the day. the songs are the last thing i remember before going to bed and wake up with one of them still ringing in my headROFL

Bingo! Deepika's that dialogue made me laugh every time and just overall felt so meh because to me it was a very 'filmy' dialogue, you know what I mean? I have loved Deepika the most in OSO only till now and in cocktail her dialogue delivery was better.
I found Sonam's voice high-pitched and out of place only at some parts but overall she did a neat job. Especially want to mention her scenes with her mom, both times when she is agitated about them looking out for guys for her. She sounded soo natural and you could connect to her immediately.
Why did she call her 'maa' though? Don't muslims say 'ammi' instead?

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

Well, I read it in Wikipedia. So not sure how true the news is, but yes just glad the final casting turned out to be just how it was. Gosh! cannot imagine how obsessed I am with this movie at the moment. The songs "Tum Tak" and title one keep running in my head throughout the day. the songs are the last thing i remember before going to bed and wake up with one of them still ringing in my headROFL

Bingo! Deepika's that dialogue made me laugh every time and just overall felt so meh because to me it was a very 'filmy' dialogue, you know what I mean? I have loved Deepika the most in OSO only till now and in cocktail her dialogue delivery was better.
I found Sonam's voice high-pitched and out of place only at some parts but overall she did a neat job. Especially want to mention her scenes with her mom, both times when she is agitated about them looking out for guys for her. She sounded soo natural and you could connect to her immediately.

Aww thank you...lol sure you can steal it if you want :-)

haha I'm in the same state...tum tak and the title track play on a loop in my head all day...and I'm also in love with aise na dekho...the lyrics and the way Rahman has sung itDay Dreaming...waise toh all the songs were superbly blended in the movie.

Re: Deepika and that dialogue...the problem was drama...lol when it comes to that level of hysterics, her voice fails her...she goes into screechy territory...plus her accent in general shows heavily in her dialogue delivery too...

Sonam's voice is basically high-pitched, true and she sometimes ends up sounding childishly flat...so that she could deffo work on and I feel Raanjhanaa should give her that confidence to work more on her acting...I know what you mean about how natural she sounded in the confrontation with her mom...yes it felt like a scene out of anyone's life...

Re: the maa line...I think they were trying to show the blended culture of Benaras...where the Hindi and Urdu words are probably used interchangeably...it's ironic considering what a big deal was made by the communities over not mingling with boys and girls from the other communities but the everyday language was similar...lol

WhiteNights.

naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

LOLL@ thu scene...haha...and here I was calling it the hospital scene...lol...thanks, Fary...sure you can use it :-)

This movie has taken over my mindDay DreamingLOL...I've become obsessed with the music especially..(I wish they'd release the bg score...the instrumental versions of Tum tak *sigh*)...and then the movie as a whole...these scenes I've already watched on repeat...Sonam really impressed me in this movie (this thu scene mein her acting was superb)...and Dhanush toh is beyond words.

LOL there wereway too many hospital scenes That;s why thu scene but It's one of my favs and i am madly in love with the film it's Fantastic and if you are interested watch other films of dhanush which are much more complicated in terms of character & you'll be AMAZED he's freaking Brilliant. I am so happy for both of them. Oh & yes the Tum tak in the first Auto/wrist slitting scene  was heavenly & i loved all the tum tak versions though my only complaint is the way they shot nazar laaye na am a little disappointed caz that's my fav from the album

AreYaar

naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:24pm | IP Logged

Aww thank you...lol sure you can steal it if you want :-)

haha I'm in the same state...tum tak and the title track play on a loop in my head all day...and I'm also in love with aise na dekho...the lyrics and the way Rahman has sung itDay Dreaming...waise toh all the songs were superbly blended in the movie.

Re: Deepika and that dialogue...the problem was drama...lol when it comes to that level of hysterics, her voice fails her...she goes into screechy territory...plus her accent in general shows heavily in her dialogue delivery too...

Sonam's voice is basically high-pitched, true and she sometimes ends up sounding childishly flat...so that she could deffo work on and I feel Raanjhanaa should give her that confidence to work more on her acting...I know what you mean about how natural she sounded in the confrontation with her mom...yes it felt like a scene out of anyone's life...

Re: the maa line...I think they were trying to show the blended culture of Benaras...where the Hindi and Urdu words are probably used interchangeably...it's ironic considering what a big deal was made by the communities over not mingling with boys and girls from the other communities but the everyday language was similar...lol

it's not a Big deal at all i am a muslim and i call my mom maa /amma/ammi anything it  really doesn't matter what you call your parents there's no specific word in islam for mom  that we have to say it's your choice really 

WhiteNights.

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

LOL there wereway too many hospital scenes That;s why thu scene but It's one of my favs and i am madly in love with the film it's Fantastic and if you are interested watch other films of dhanush which are much more complicated in terms of character & you'll be AMAZED he's freaking Brilliant. I am so happy for both of them. Oh & yes the Tum tak in the first Auto/wrist slitting scene  was heavenly & i loved all the tum tak versions though my only complaint is the way they shot nazar laaye na am a little disappointed caz that's my fav from the album

I'm definitely interested and intrigued to watch more of his work for sure but I'm wondering where I can get subtitled prints of his movies to watch online...do you have any links that you can PM me if possible?

So Kundan was basically a cakewalk for him, haan? Except for the hindi he had to struggle withLOL

Nazar Laaye naa actually is the only song that hasn't grown on me in the soundtrack...lol...so I'm ok with the picturization...I LOVE the picturization of aise na dekho more.

naadanmasakalli

naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
oh yes sure i can pass you the links and Kind of yes it was a lot easier for him i mean come on this guys have played a psycho stalker in his 2nd film at age 19  than what is this really hold on passing the links

AreYaar

Go to top