India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

is RAANJHANA sonam's COCKTAIL? (Page 6)

pari_roxx Goldie
pari_roxx
pari_roxx

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:00am | IP Logged
The real test would be her movie with Ayushmaan .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Thriller-Nights

WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sylph-

I would rate Sonam as a lot better actress than Deepika.. Her only problem is her Voice modulation, someone plz advice this girl to work on her voice modulation and dialogue delivery. 

Though the movie completely belongs to Dhanush, its not easy to get noticed for your acting chops while working with dhanush cause he easily outshines everyone, but here the girl has given really good expressions. 

@bold ^^ I agree there! I would say props to her for proving her calibre too infront of an acclaimed actor of Dhanush's level. Expressions wise I found her bang on throughout the movie! That's a great feat in itself! At some places she speaks in really high pitched voice which seems out of place but that is a minor flaw and can be overlooked keeping in mind the overall performance.

Ahh I cant wait for Dhanush to do more BW moviesBig smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12cutiepiexoxShivuNozzie.khoobsurat.SunoNa...

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rambo.Rajkumar

Quite true

Sonam infact got more well defined reviews as for Dhanush it was just basic.

Sonam now has BMB, which will give her another powerful film as it will be a hit and gain a lot critical acclaims.

No ..it depended on the review..some wrote one line for Sonam, others said watch it for her. Many wrote a lot about Dhanush, few just said he was good and talked about other things.

Sonam is very quick to point out that she has just a special appearance in BMB which she did just for ROM-Farhan. I don't think she expects much for herself out of it. I think that film with Ayushman is bigger for her.

Let's see what she's offered/signs from here on out. I do hope that she works on her dialogue delivery. From that one dialogue delivery on a promo, it's apparent that she still needs a lot of work there. That's her weakest link and always has been. I've never had a huge problem with Sonam's emoting actually... She was fairly decent and seems like she's even better now...but her voice..gah.

Edited by chocolover89 - 24 June 2013 at 1:54am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12ForeverSHINee.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Even if Katrina did Cocktail she would have been more appreciated than Saif. Saif was given a bad role and character to play. Deepika had a great role hence the reason majority ppl liked her. Am not saying that's the only reason that she was appreciated for but it helped a lot that her character/role was better than the main lead..which rarely happens in Bollywood that an actress gets a better role than a Khan. 

It helped Saif's career because it was a hit but I can never understand why he would play a character he played in Cocktail..esp since he is such a great actor..what a waste of talent. Wasn't someone else offered Cocktail first? Was it Shahid? Whoever it was they were smart for declining the film/role. 

on the other hand..like mentioned above...Sonam had to act along a great actor who has an equally good role as Sonam in Raanjhanaa. Sonam is the winner here. Am proud and excited for her as a fan.  Thumbs Up 

Edited by beboholic - 24 June 2013 at 7:27pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

krushersForeverSHINeeShivuNozziemonu_tanTeAmo_Messi

Pirated_Fun IF-Rockerz
Pirated_Fun
Pirated_Fun

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
It was Imran Khan who was offered the role 

.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
^ Smart boy. 
WhiteNights. IF-Dazzler
WhiteNights.
WhiteNights.

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
I read that Shahid and Sonakshi were the director's first choice for the leads. Now that I have seen the movie, I simply cannot imagine any other actors as Kundan-Zoya.
However I have doubts if Sonakshi would have looked the part as a schoolgirl. Shahid, with the baccha face that he has would have been fine but then actingwise, Dhanush is way better.

SunoNa...

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by WhiteNights.

I read that Shahid and Sonakshi were the director's first choice for the leads. Now that I have seen the movie, I simply cannot imagine any other actors as Kundan-Zoya.
However I have doubts if Sonakshi would have looked the part as a schoolgirl. Shahid, with the baccha face that he has would have been fine but then actingwise, Dhanush is way better.

Really? That's strange cuz all the Anand Rai interviews I've read/seen, he's saying that Dhanush and Sonam were the first choices for him and he couldn't think of anyone else for the roles...Either ways I'm glad casting went this way...I don't think Shahid or Sonakshi would have been right for these roles.

As for Sonam, yes she has to work on her dialogue delivery but she's grown as an actress...Saawariyaa was airing on TV again today and after having just watched Raanjhanaa, her growth as an actress is every more visible in contrast.

I think Deepika has majorly improved as actress too...I think she did a lovely job in YJHD...first half...but even Deepika has voice modulation issues...I cringed a lot during her "mujhe phir se tumse pyar ho jaayega" line...so if Deepika's voice modulation can be overlooked in some ways, so can Sonam's I guess...lol

Sonam  has a way of delivering this quiet depth/pain in a character if a director handles her well...and Raanjhanaa gave her that chance...she emoted very well.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

WhiteNights.ForeverSHINeenaadanmasakalli

Go to top