India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

is RAANJHANA sonam's COCKTAIL? (Page 4)

naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
but dhanush it's not new for him i don't know about bolly fandom but i've seen his films earlier & he's always Flawless that's why it irked me when people called him ugly without even seeing his work & dissed him he's freaking Fantabulous 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..Chandni...khoobsurat.TeAmo_MessiPureBliss

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
No, it isn't. Sonam is getting some good reviews but Dhanush is being called the star of the film. I also read some mixed reviews. In Cocktail, Deepika was called the star whereas the male lead was given flak. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Thriller-NightsNocturnalNikhil..Chandni..MoodyFoodieNkapoor3PureBliss

MaNanHoLiC IF-Stunnerz
MaNanHoLiC
MaNanHoLiC

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
 i m feeling sleepy
Pirated_Fun IF-Rockerz
Pirated_Fun
Pirated_Fun

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
I just wish she works hard on her voice and dialogue delivery ...She emotes pretty well even in Saawariya you can see hoe effectively she emotes ...

I am so happy she is getting good reviews ...Deepika has improved a lot ,but it will take few more years for her to emote like Sonam did in Saawariya or Delhi 6...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

krushersForeverSHINeechimchimcher-eeReal.Madrid.khoobsurat._Darling_

monu_tan IF-Sizzlerz
monu_tan
monu_tan

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
I dont know why all the time we keep on pitting Sonam and Deepika against each other? Cmon peeps BW has enough space to accomodate BOTH of them together. We need both, the sexy siren DP and the sweet demure Sonam.

As far as topic is concerned, Ranjhana can be Sonam's comeback movie after her string of failures.  Just what Cocktail did to DP, people will now do the same and take Sonam seriously.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandy552.khoobsurat.

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Veronica's character wasnt hard to portray for a girl who lives in Mumbai, or any urban city for that matter.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Surdobtankedkrushersangelcutie09cutiepiexoxpari_roxxHousefullForeverSHINeePirated_Fun.khoobsurat.SunoNa...ShivuNozzie

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Sonam would have to do a lot more than Raanjhnaa to match up with Deepika! DPad has been proving herself consistently with every film for the last two to three years, while Sonam has only given a praiseworthy perfomance now! (I loved her in Aisha, but the film was so bland and superficial, that it was very difficult to appreciate anything about it!)

She is excellent in Raanjhnaa...gets her expression's, body language etc. very well...but her dialouge delivery suffers!Confused And one can't help but compare her to Dhanush, who despite being a non-hindi speaker, does not let his heavily tamil accented hindi get in the way of his superb and flawless dialouge delivery. He is so good in the way he utters his lines, that one just doesn't notice that his hindi is quite comical!

Sonam somehow does not get the gravity of her character...she is pretty believable as the queen bee of Banaras and even as the heartbroken lover pining for her man, but as a political activist, she falls behind! And that part of the story is where she actually gets to do something...that was the part which called for her full on acting chops...and she falters there!

But I can't think of anyone else doing this role, because Sonam brings a certain fragility and aloofness to the character of Zoya, which not many current day actresses have. I can think of Kareena Kapoor in this role, but she is too old to play it now. Deepika looks too warm and friendly as a person to play Zoya convincingly. So in that way, Sonam is perfect in her role, though she doesn't play it as perfectly as one would have wished for!

Though with this film proving to be a hit (it is proving to be a hit, isn't it?), I think it will open more avenues for her and she will only be getting better from here!

PS: On an afterthought, the film is so much centred around the leading man, that no heroine, however good she might have been, would have upstaged him. And with a leading man like Dhanush, the chances of getting overshadowed become much more pronounced!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandy552cutiepiexoxmelancholicRaiinie2.khoobsurat._Darling_LifeOLicious

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
The advantage Deepika had with cocktail is that she had already singned Race2,Chennai Express and YJHD before Cocktail released(Only RL was signed after Cocktail)..So she got bigger and bigger releases in subsequent months)..

My suggestion to Sonam will be, to drop Khoobsoorat,why spend her dad's money..Also the role again is not a romantic one..She plays a girl who makes everything right in her sisters sasural..the lovable girl,who the sister's devar falls for..The heroes role is small..they may again rope in Abhay DeolLOL..who too is not a romantic hero.

Besides there is no sex appeal in the film..Rekha really had to tone down that side of her personality..and Sonam needs to exhibit that more.

She will be 28 years this year..she must work hard work in more films,get more hits..get a wider audience..

Good luck Sonam!I have been writing here forever,that such a rare beauty,she should be seen more often on screen!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cutiepiexox.khoobsurat.naadanmasakalli

Go to top