Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
The advantage Deepika had with cocktail is that she had already singned Race2,Chennai Express and YJHD before Cocktail released(Only RL was signed after Cocktail)..So she got bigger and bigger releases in subsequent months)..

My suggestion to Sonam will be, to drop Khoobsoorat,why spend her dad's money..Also the role again is not a romantic one..She plays a girl who makes everything right in her sisters sasural..the lovable girl,who the sister's devar falls for..The heroes role is small..they may again rope in Abhay Deol😆..who too is not a romantic hero.

Besides there is no sex appeal in the film..Rekha really had to tone down that side of her personality..and Sonam needs to exhibit that more.

She will be 28 years this year..she must work hard work in more films,get more hits..get a wider audience..

Good luck Sonam!I have been writing here forever,that such a rare beauty,she should be seen more often on screen!
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: vedant123

No not exactly!

In Case of COCKTAIL - Deepika was the one who was heavly praised, he was the star of movie! The film was a moderal criticial success but way Deepika was prasied was unbelievable and rightly, she deserved it!
But in Case of RAANJHAANA, Dhanush is one whom people and critics alike are saying that film belongs to! Sonam is being prasied but Dhanush is star of movie!

So No Raanjhaana is not Sonam's Cocktail!

I disagree, a lot of people actually felt Diana was the show-stealer for a newcomer.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is Sonam's 2nd clean hit after IHLS. THAT"S BIGGG! And the movie that will write off her Thank You and Players bad reputation! When she started she was considered a good actress...those two movies ruined it for her and now she is back. Yay!

@you2: That is not going to happen. Sonam is going to be Sonam. 😆
Edited by LifeOLicious - 10 years ago
WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Well I hope it proves to be much bigger for Sonam than Cocktail was for Deepika. I don't think Deepika was all that great in Cocktail, though I do admit I started liking her around that time. Agree with the one who mentioned Sonam as Aisha was already way ahead.

It is my opinion that Sonam as an actress is better than Deepika but Deepika has that star power which Sonam still has to achieve.

Raanjhanaa is a completely different ball game where Sonam is concerned.She has emoted far more superiorly than Dpad did in Cocktail. Add to that the phenomenal critical acclaim Raanjhanaa as a movie has got. With good business reports coming from the BO, I am sure this movie is going to be a big turning point in Sonam's career.

I love both Dhanush and Sonam and I hope this movie paves great success story or them both in Bollywood.
🤣  NOPE, SONAM is a fluke.  One film will not help her!  
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I would rate Sonam as a lot better actress than Deepika.. Her only problem is her Voice modulation, someone plz advice this girl to work on her voice modulation and dialogue delivery. 

Though the movie completely belongs to Dhanush, its not easy to get noticed for your acting chops while working with dhanush cause he easily outshines everyone, but here the girl has given really good expressions. 

SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: WhiteNights.

Well I hope it proves to be much bigger for Sonam than Cocktail was for Deepika. I don't think Deepika was all that great in Cocktail, though I do admit I started liking her around that time. Agree with the one who mentioned Sonam as Aisha was already way ahead.

It is my opinion that Sonam as an actress is better than Deepika but Deepika has that star power which Sonam still has to achieve.

Raanjhanaa is a completely different ball game where Sonam is concerned.She has emoted far more superiorly than Dpad did in Cocktail. Add to that the phenomenal critical acclaim Raanjhanaa as a movie has got. With good business reports coming from the BO, I am sure this movie is going to be a big turning point in Sonam's career.

I love both Dhanush and Sonam and I hope this movie paves great success story or them both in Bollywood.

Word!! Even i dont think Dpad was all that great in Cocktail.. Im yet to see one good performance from her. 

Originally posted by: CinemaPremi

Not really, both of them have equal amount of screen space and meat in their characters. Actually if you watch the movie, Sonam's character has a big hand in the change of the story. :)

Quite true

Sonam infact got more well defined reviews as for Dhanush it was just basic.

Sonam now has BMB, which will give her another powerful film as it will be a hit and gain a lot critical acclaims.
pari_roxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The real test would be her movie with Ayushmaan .
WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -sylph-

I would rate Sonam as a lot better actress than Deepika.. Her only problem is her Voice modulation, someone plz advice this girl to work on her voice modulation and dialogue delivery. 

Though the movie completely belongs to Dhanush, its not easy to get noticed for your acting chops while working with dhanush cause he easily outshines everyone, but here the girl has given really good expressions. 

@bold ^^ I agree there! I would say props to her for proving her calibre too infront of an acclaimed actor of Dhanush's level. Expressions wise I found her bang on throughout the movie! That's a great feat in itself! At some places she speaks in really high pitched voice which seems out of place but that is a minor flaw and can be overlooked keeping in mind the overall performance.

Ahh I cant wait for Dhanush to do more BW movies😃