India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

is RAANJHANA sonam's COCKTAIL?

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:44am | IP Logged

Two of the most talented debut ants bollywood saw in 2007 and they have had their own success and struggle

While the struggle for Dpad was difficult in its own way as her rough patch was pretty rough- CCTC in 2009 followed by 5 flops in 2010 and an extended special appearance in a below average movie in 2011 and she was written off totally until cocktail happened and changed the tide

sonam same story- the only difference is she hasn't found success yet where as Dpad did recently. But Raanjhana seems to be a hit on its way with loads of critical appreciation.

Do you think it will be a turning point in sonam's career and do her as good as cocktail did to Dpad after a rough ride?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

cutiepiexoxFazzipriyatnl.coolfireablazedmelodymonu_tanShivuNozziechimchimcher-ee-Swetha-

Jupiters_Cock IF-Stunnerz
Jupiters_Cock
Jupiters_Cock

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:46am | IP Logged
From the reviews it seems the movie completely belongs to dhanush so i dont think it would do much for her

Edited by _NaughtyBoy_ - 23 June 2013 at 11:46am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

EvashForeverSHINeeBearNaNaNkapoor3

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Didn't Sonam get a lot of appreciation for Dehli 6? Only reason ppl don't know about her appreciation was because the film wasn't a commercial film like Cocktail. And to be honest...I think Sonam was better in Aisha than Deepika was in Cocktail. For example, in the first half of Cocktaik..Deepika's performance was very superficial...I didn't really believe in her character. While Sonam I was like she was born to play Aisha. I think Deepika was much much better in YJHD than she was in Cocktail. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

SurdobFazzicutiepiexoxmnmjAlia009priyatnl.Rekha_jineha fan1happygirl123gossipgurlsPirated_Funsarasingh86.nirvana.-Chandramukhi-RolzzSunshine797ShivuNozzie

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:53am | IP Logged
No not exactly!

In Case of COCKTAIL - Deepika was the one who was heavly praised, she was the star of movie! The film was a moderal criticial success but way Deepika was prasied was unbelievable and rightly, she deserved it!
But in Case of RAANJHAANA, Dhanush is one whom people and critics alike are saying that film belongs to! Sonam is being prasied but Dhanush is star of movie!

So No Raanjhaana is not Sonam's Cocktail!

Edited by vedant123 - 24 June 2013 at 10:54pm

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

sidra246lavish_04Sandy552Thriller-NightscutiepiexoxCrazenRohitCastle_Of_Glasspriyatnl.NocturnalNikhil-victoRiya--Pia-lentilsEvashTricksyKunalForeverSHINeeHaeyeolrini_katMoodyFoodieIHeartDeepika.aish..shona.DestroyedInLoveNkapoor3PureBliss-Priya-

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vedant123

No not exactly!

In Case of COCKTAIL - Deepika was the one who was heavly praised, he was the star of movie! The film was a moderal criticial success but way Deepika was prasied was unbelievable and rightly, she deserved it!
But in Case of RAANJHAANA, Dhanush is one whom people and critics alike are saying that film belongs to! Sonam is being prasied but Dhanush is star of movie!

but Vedant even in cocktail many critics praised diana equally saying only she could have brought the rare mix of innocence and mystery in meera's role- she some how did steal some thunder from Dpad, even though Dpad was easily the most praised no doubt!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

priyatnl.Pirated_FunViccoTurmeric-Vagabando-

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by beboholic

Didn't Sonam get a lot of appreciation for Dehli 6? Only reason ppl don't know about her appreciation was because the film wasn't a commercial film like Cocktail. And to be honest...I think Sonam was better in Aisha than Deepika was in Cocktail. For example, in the first half of Cocktaik..Deepika's performance was very superficial...I didn't really believe in her character. While Sonam I was like she was born to play Aisha. I think Deepika was much much better in YJHD than she was in Cocktail.

I never mentioned sonam has never been appreciated, i said she has not yet tasted success

And yeah she was pretty good in Aisha though

She was her worst in Thank You and Players, could not act to save her life there!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

priyatnl.ForeverSHINeeJupiters_Cock

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koiza.k

Originally posted by vedant123

No not exactly!

In Case of COCKTAIL - Deepika was the one who was heavly praised, he was the star of movie! The film was a moderal criticial success but way Deepika was prasied was unbelievable and rightly, she deserved it!

but Vedant even in cocktail many critics praised diana equally saying only she could have brought the rare mix of innocence and mystery in meera's role- she some how did steal some thunder from Dpad, even though Dpad was easily the most praised no doubt!

I agree there but Deepika was a known actress them and films she is getting is just increasing her star power! Thats not in case of Diana - She is not getting a film, forget spreading her popularity! And also Cocktail has a HUGE Buzz, And a great BO Collection
Raanjhanaa might help Sonam but way it did Deepika - No! Sonam didnt have enough star power before film (which was rather not in case of Deepika) and this film's BO Collection or BUZZ hasnt been so huge compared to Cocktail!
All factors are contradicting your topic...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Castle_Of_Glasscutiepiexox-victoRiya-rini_katchimchimcher-ee-koiza-

ablazedmelody IF-Rockerz
ablazedmelody
ablazedmelody

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Cocktail did 80 crore business and after that DP had two back to back big hits esp the huge hit in the form of YJHD.  3 hits in a row. Sonam needs to give atleast 2 big hits in a row. If Deepika flopped after Cocktail she would have been forgotten and even Cocktail would have been forgotten. 

Raanjhana is a much better movie its seems from Cocktail its definitely the turning point of Sonam's career. Deepika got her critical acclaim, award nominations and BO success from Cocktail and I see the same happening to Sonam this year from Raanjhana. Cocktail was all about Deepika and even after the release she benefitted the most.. Raanjhana is more Dhanush centric. He is equally getting the praises unlike the Cocktail case. The hype is divided between both Sonam and Dhanush.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandy552cutiepiexoxpriyatnl.-victoRiya-coolfireForeverSHINeehappygirl123.khoobsurat.-Chandramukhi-chimchimcher-eeNkapoor3

Go to top