Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

~*Mohit Raina FC*~Our Minblowing Maahiya!! (Page 100)

mohitfanT IF-Sizzlerz
mohitfanT
mohitfanT

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
ohh ratna ..loved ur all siggies
n nicely written har roop mein mohit karne wala Embarrassed

yeah! ...hamein 'mohit' karne wala mohit raina LOL 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--Ratna--atominisNikki_Titli

mohitfanT IF-Sizzlerz
mohitfanT
mohitfanT

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-SkaatayaniMyInspirationz--Ratna--atominisNikki_Titli

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW - Why did Ganesha have TWO wives?!!   

Hi Anu, 

Here is my attempt at answering your question. 

Obviously we do not know what actually happened, and there are certainly LOTS of different stories about how Ganesh and Kartikeya got married, with them in different orders, and also stories in which one of them was married while the other one stayed a bachelor, but this is my understanding of why Ganesh had two wives according to the stories that I have heard. 

Apparently Mahadev and Devi Parvati thought that it would be nice if both their sons to get married, and at some point Prajapati Vishwaroop, the father of Devis Buddhi and Siddhi, came to visit them with his daughters, and wanted them to become Mahadev-Parvati's daughters-in-law. Mahadev and Devi Parvati liked the girls and thought that the marriages would be a good idea - I interpret this as meaning that they wanted one sister to marry Kartikeya and the other to marry Ganesh.

Mahadev and Devi Parvati then asked Ganesh and Kartikeya to race each other around the world, and the winner of the race would be the first one to get married, followed by the other one. So then only the brothers raced around the world on their vaahans. Kartikeya apparently was not interested in getting married at that point as he wanted to continue spreading religion/dharma in South India, but he took part in the race for his parents sake, and he went and circled the Earth on his peacock. Meanwhile, Ganesh was going very slowly on his mouse and so he went and circled his parents, as he considered them to be his world and because he felt bad that he wouldn't be able to do what they asked him to do (circle the Earth). After circling Mahadev-Parvati, Ganesh was declared the winner and so would be the first one of the brothers to get married. Then apparently Kartikeya declared that he did not want to get married yet, so Ganesh married both Devis Buddhi and Siddhi, in accord with their father's wish that both his daughters be Mahadev-Parvati's DILs.

Another version of the story states that Kartikeya apparently did want to get married but that he became angry when Ganesh was declared the winner of the race, and so decided that he would not get married at all/at that point anyway and went back to the South! 

Whatever the case, as Lord Ganesh symbolises intelligence, symbolically I interpret his being married to both sisters as meaning that the qualities embodied by Devis Siddhi (attainment/success) and Buddhi (intellect) go hand-in-hand with intelligence. And they are of course complementary but different qualities, so they are symbolised by two ladies rather than just one.

I know not everyone is but I am very much looking forward to seeing how Ganesh's marriage comes about in DKDM. Obviously Kartikeya is still single at this point, so that takes care of the order part here. I wonder how they will end up having the younger son get married before the elder one, as they have already used the "race around the world" in DKDM earlier for determining who would be the Pratham Poojya Dev. Maybe Kartikeya will simply refuse to get married at this point so Ganesh will be asked to marry both sisters, or maybe both girls will ask to marry Ganesh as they already met him when they were little in DKDM and took a liking to him. According to a new article Ganesh will also refuse to get married at first, so I am intrigued to see how the wedding will end up happening. There is also a folktale of Ganesh marrying a banana plant (I am not very familiar with this story) so I wonder if they will maybe show this, as they do use several stories from several sources in DKDM. That would be entertaining!

I also hope that they will show Kartikeya getting married at some point later on in the show, especially as they did introduce Devsena before, although they made her an apsara rather than Indra's daughter. Maybe at some stage they will have him go back to the South again and also marry Valli.

Whatever they do, I think it will be interesting because they have so many different stories to draw upon, so I am looking forward to seeing what mixture of stories they use and what combination storyline they come up with.

I am going to miss Sadhil, though! Star

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kaatayaniMyInspirationz--Ratna--atominis

kaatayani IF-Rockerz
kaatayani
kaatayani

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
@ arti well xplained! The banana plant or kaula bou is a bengali folklore..
And like u even I am luking forward 2 this wedding!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Ratna--

MyInspirationz IF-Sizzlerz
MyInspirationz
MyInspirationz

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Ratna.. lovely siggies.. 

Arti... damnnn nice explanation Smile

--Ratna--

kaatayani IF-Rockerz
kaatayani
kaatayani

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Morning with Mahadev and Oggy nd the cockroaches...!

--Ratna--

Nikki_Titli IF-Addictz
Nikki_Titli
Nikki_Titli

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
thank u Ratna di for the droolicious pics n siggies u made..

Anu..our online timings never match yaara  D'oh

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--Ratna--atominis

.Kore. IF-Dazzler
.Kore.
.Kore.

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:03pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kaatayaniatominis

Go to top