Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: A-A-S

Hi Anu,

Here is my attempt at answering your question.

Obviously we do not know what actually happened, and there are certainly LOTS of different stories about how Ganesh and Kartikeya got married, with them in different orders, and also stories in which one of them was married while the other one stayed a bachelor, but this is my understanding of why Ganesh had two wives according to the stories that I have heard.

Apparently Mahadev and Devi Parvati thought that it would be nice if both their sons to get married, and at some point Prajapati Vishwaroop, the father of Devis Buddhi and Siddhi, came to visit them with his daughters, and wanted them to become Mahadev-Parvati's daughters-in-law. Mahadev and Devi Parvati liked the girls and thought that the marriages would be a good idea - I interpret this as meaning that they wanted one sister to marry Kartikeya and the other to marry Ganesh.

Mahadev and Devi Parvati then asked Ganesh and Kartikeya to race each other around the world, and the winner of the race would be the first one to get married, followed by the other one. So then only the brothers raced around the world on their vaahans. Kartikeya apparently was not interested in getting married at that point as he wanted to continue spreading religion/dharma in South India, but he took part in the race for his parents sake, and he went and circled the Earth on his peacock. Meanwhile, Ganesh was going very slowly on his mouse and so he went and circled his parents, as he considered them to be his world and because he felt bad that he wouldn't be able to do what they asked him to do (circle the Earth). After circling Mahadev-Parvati, Ganesh was declared the winner and so would be the first one of the brothers to get married. Then apparently Kartikeya declared that he did not want to get married yet, so Ganesh married both Devis Buddhi and Siddhi, in accord with their father's wish that both his daughters be Mahadev-Parvati's DILs.

Another version of the story states that Kartikeya apparently did want to get married but that he became angry when Ganesh was declared the winner of the race, and so decided that he would not get married at all/at that point anyway and went back to the South!

Whatever the case, as Lord Ganesh symbolises intelligence, symbolically I interpret his being married to both sisters as meaning that the qualities embodied by Devis Siddhi (attainment/success) and Buddhi (intellect) go hand-in-hand with intelligence. And they are of course complementary but different qualities, so they are symbolised by two ladies rather than just one.

I know not everyone is but I am very much looking forward to seeing how Ganesh's marriage comes about in DKDM. Obviously Kartikeya is still single at this point, so that takes care of the order part here. I wonder how they will end up having the younger son get married before the elder one, as they have already used the "race around the world" in DKDM earlier for determining who would be the Pratham Poojya Dev.Maybe Kartikeya will simply refuse to get married at this point so Ganesh will be asked to marry both sisters, or maybe both girls will ask to marry Ganesh as they already met him when they were little in DKDM and took a liking to him. According to a new article Ganesh will also refuse to get married at first, so I am intrigued to see how the wedding will end up happening. There is also a folktale of Ganesh marrying a banana plant (I am not very familiar with this story) so I wonder if they will maybe show this, as they do use several stories from several sources in DKDM. That would be entertaining!

I also hope that they will show Kartikeya getting married at some point later on in the show, especially as they did introduce Devsena before, although they made her an apsara rather than Indra's daughter. Maybe at some stage they will have him go back to the South again and also marry Valli.

Whatever they do, I think it will be interesting because they have so many different stories to draw upon, so I am looking forward to seeing what mixture of stories they use and what combination storyline they come up with.

I am going to miss Sadhil, though!⭐️

Thanks for the explanation! 😊

DKDM has already shown the "circle around parents" track. I wonder how they will justify both sisters marrying one man.

I also tried searching for this online and found different versions. Got confused.

I understand Siddhi and Buddhi represent different qualities but still polygamy was something I could not digest considering all Tridevas had one wife each.

I wonder how DKDM will handle Kartikeya's story (they give him little importance though).

Was Ganesh married before Kartikeya's encounter with Valli happened?

I read Ganesha appeared in form of an elephant that scared off Valli.

Let's see what DKDM does.

I agree I'll miss Sadhil too!

It seems the girls and their father will insist on the marriage since the father already requested Mahadev not to refuse his proposal!

mohitfanT thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
hain sukhi ...tu sab kuch kar rahi hai ;-) 😲😲 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣
aur yaha sab se ek nahi samhle jate tu kitno ko samhaal rahi hai ;-)
kuch TIPS mujhe bhi de na 😆😆
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Waise sita ki mom kuch zyada hi hot nhi hai?
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: sushitaindia

ok DKDM TRP is 1.9 frm 1.6
last week was good as they showed ardhnareshwar roop plus baijnath dham

last week-3 out of 5 epis were REALLY good...so RISE had to happen...😳😳..

bt look at two new shows @8pm slot..😲

JA - 2
MER BHABHI - 1.9

THIS is the result of CORRECT PROMOTIONS...😳😆
mohitfanT thumbnail
suchi wahi toh main aur sukhi baat kar rahe thi ki ma itni hot hai
toh beti  bhi super hot honi chaheye
nahi toh confusion ho jayega 😆
sukhi... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kaatayani

Waise sita ki mom kuch zyada hi hot nhi hai?

haan suchii bohat sika ki mom bohat hott shott hai... tou fir sita kaisii hogi...😆😆
mohitfanT thumbnail
arey niki aa gayi bhago yaha se 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
niki u know sukhi n suchi tumhari shadi ki baat kar rahe the 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
sukhi... thumbnail
Originally posted by: sushitaindia

hain sukhi ...tu sab kuch kar rahi hai ;-) 😲😲 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣
aur yaha sab se ek nahi samhle jate tu kitno ko samhaal rahi hai ;-)
kuch TIPS mujhe bhi de na 😆😆

aaare yaar tu haans rahi hai... geniune aadmi ki value hi nahi hai...😭😭😭
sukhi... thumbnail
nikki suna hai tera shadi pakki hogayiii hai???
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
just STFU  tannu,,main ANDHI nahi hoon..i saw whos spreadin rumours against me..🤢🤬🤣

waise Meri Bhabhi is a GOOD show...i c it sometimes @repeat telecast...its NOT the usual portrayal problematic nanad-prob solvin bhabhi... they r INDEED showin bhabh-nanad in a postive light...things r givn slight realistic touch too...so no wonder it gt a GOOD start...