Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ovi and Purvi! (Page 3)

sharadrocks Senior Member
sharadrocks
sharadrocks

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

I will, for once, be (relatively) brief. For starters, after a 18 year leap , before which she and Teju were about 2/3 years old, plus a 6 month leap and  18 months  in between, which makes 20 years, Ovi must be 22/23, and Purvi no less. I once totted up Purvi's  education and her work experience and arrived at 26 minimum, .but maybe she was a child prodigy and graduated from college at 16. Even so she would be  22/23, and Arjun 25/26. In the forum, somehow, they are all stuck at 19, like Markandeya.

As for my wish list for them,

-Purvi: Start working again and get a top class nanny for Pari. Get back to mergers and acquisitions and recapture the thrill of business coups and professional success. Stop wailing about your miseries. Go back to Arjun if you want that, and if not, set up on your own. With  a good job, you can surely afford it. Pari is important, very important, but you can be good for her only if you are good to yourself. And STOP trying to win the mahaanta stakes.

Ovi: Cut your dismal husband loose, and strike out on your own, in modelling to begin with, and in allied areas like event management or  fashion designing later. If you have a baby, tell Arjun,  but do not go back to him. With enough resources, you can surely raise a kid on your own. Be fulfilled in yourself, and you will be at peace and happy.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by sharadrocks

These girls are hardly twenty and their lives are already in a mess. Nothing much we can do about it since we are not the show writers. However, since both characters have numerous admirers, I would like to know what you wish for these two characters.  They have both caused and been at the receiving end of a lot of pain. Surely, they deserve some happiness and peace. And no, I am not talking of romantic love and the happiness that is derived from there. Surely there is more to life than being Mrs Arjun Kirloskar or Mrs Onir Datta or Mrs XYZ! So, what else would you like for these girls? Look forward to some really interesting and enterprising suggestions!

I agree completely, Purvi needs to get a life! Pari needs her most of all. 

Ovi needs to get out of this train wreck of a marriage. She deserves better than a man who cannot move on and yet, who selfishly refuses to let her go!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pavrishAshaNegiFansashashyam

sharadrocks Senior Member
sharadrocks
sharadrocks

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by A HUGE FAN

Ovi deserves love, Onir can give that to her!

Purvi deserves happiness, Arjun can give that to her.

So you want to tinker with the combinations! That is a thought!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pavrishA HUGE FAN

A HUGE FAN IF-Dazzler
A HUGE FAN
A HUGE FAN

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged

Well, its a soap & we all know these gals are going to have a guy in their life. LOL

pavrishpallavi25

ashfaque2012 IF-Stunnerz
ashfaque2012
ashfaque2012

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 7:00pm | IP Logged

Very Good Post. Agree with U.

AshaNegiFanA HUGE FANpallavi25

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

First of, hats off to you for even putting these two names together in the title!! :) I will be back after reading through the other posts on the thread. I know what I would want for them or hope that girls of their age would aspire to have.

Thank you, dear. Frankly, all this bashing and counter bashing tires me! I am at a loss to understand why we need to resort to unparliamentary language, even if it is to express our disapproval of a character's stance. I thought it would be nice if we can indulge in a constructive exercise for a change! Look forward to your comments. Btw, I have always found yours to be among the saner voices on this forum. Even when you are clear in your support of one character, I do not see blind love! And I do not see blind hatred either.

Thank you for that :)  The two girls have royally messed up their lives but guess that can happen when one is young and have not much guidance from the elders.

Great idea to induce some constructive effort and thinking on the fates of these two females.  

I would want for them what Amelia and Shyamala have hoped the girls could achieve. 

Purvi - should stop thinking of yourself as responsible for the world's problems, come down to earth, focus on the child and yourself for a change.  Get back to school, get a job, don't hesitate to take child support from Arjun, he is the father and partly responsible for where you stand today. Do not get back with Arjun or any guy for a long time to come.  Learn to stand on your own feet, financially and emotionally.  Attend to Pari, make yourself someone Pari can look upto as a role model, someone strong, someone who made mistakes but picked herself up and moved on, someone who does not need a man as a crutch but can hold her head high because she believes in herself.  Family is important, loving them is important but you have to give them space to fix their own issues.

As for Ovi - get over Arjun, do not fret after a man who does not respect you.  He is not worth your time simply because he can never love you as you want to be loved. Self respect and confidence in yourself is more important than hankering after a man who does not care for you. Every girl deserves to have someone who puts her above everyone else, he doesn't, he cannot, move on, please.  It is okay not to have everything you want, this way, you will learn to appreciate what you do have.  Yes, you too, get back to school, concentrate on your career, if you do end up having a child, raise her/him with pride and no regrets.  In time, you will meet a man who loves you as much as you love him, time enough for that, find yourself first. 

AshaNegiFansashashyampallavi25

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
You forget, he has already  said that he is her jeeja and thus like an elder brother. There is thus no question of an Onir-Ovi combination. The storm it would set off would trump the jeeju-saali one hands down!Wink

Why can poor Onir not be left alone? Does he have to be saddled with one or the other of these plaguey females?

All he needs is his licence back, and Balaji can swing that by suddenly waking up to the Medical Council of India having the sole jurisdiction over such medical malpractice cases (which is true, by the way), and declaring the court decision null and void. Then the MCI can give him a slap on the wrist and send him back to caring for the poor of Kolkatta.

In time, he will thank the Almighty on his knees for this liberation from the Tar Baby of his Mishti, and her behen as well.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pavrishxxxnmNirjhor105soapwatcher1

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:48pm | IP Logged

You forget, he has already  said that he is her jeeja and thus like an elder brother. There is thus no question of an Onir-Ovi combination. The storm it would set off would trump the jeeju-saali one hands down!Wink

Why can poor Onir not be left alone? Does he have to be saddled with one or the other of these plaguey females?

All he needs is his licence back, and Balaji can swing that by suddenly waking up to the Medical Council of India having the sole jurisdiction over such medical malpractice cases (which is true, by the way), and declaring the court decision null and void. Then the MCI can give him a slap on the wrist and send him back to caring for the poor of Kolkatta.

In time, he will thank the Almighty on his knees for this liberation from the Tar Baby of his Mishti, and her behen as well.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Shyamala, it might actually not set off a storm.  People might be happy if Ovi finally got someone who will love her the way she deserves to be loved and the rest may end up happy that Purvi is free of the emotional guilt of separating Arjun from Ovi if Ovi finds happiness elsewhere.  I do hope it does not happen this way but doing my favorite thing, playing devil's advocate.  Wink

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 23 June 2013 at 9:49pm

pavrishsashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Janhvi, I do not know about the others, but I hope Poor Onir (capital intentional!) does not  end up with the other sister. It is distasteful, after he has said he sees her as a sister. One cannot change that.

Secondly, what would you  bet that if there was any such move, Onir's ex-Mishti would turn a nice shade of pea green?Wink With Shalini, my reading is that what she felt above all was good old jealousy. She had been used to having Onir on a string, and any successful competition for him raises all her hackles! Nothing like  a good dose of that to help her find out  what, if anything, she actually feels for these two lallus in her life.

My own  conviction is that Purvi  loves neither of them, but only her aai's parivaar, and Jyothi's delightful list of priorities in the pre-Onir days, where Arjun came in at No. 11, still holds!Wink

Shyamala.

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Shyamala, it might actually not set off a storm.  People might be happy if Ovi finally got someone who will love her the way she deserves to be loved and happy that Purvi is free of the emotional guilt of separating Arjun from Ovi if Ovi finds happiness elsewhere.  I do hope it does not happen this way but doing my favorite thing, playing devil's advocate.  Wink

Shyamala B.Cowsik

[QUOTE=sharadrocks]

Edited by sashashyam - 23 June 2013 at 10:15pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

Go to top