India-Forums

Ramayan
Ramayan

How can SITA wait for a bridge?!!

LoveProfusion IF-Sizzlerz
LoveProfusion
LoveProfusion

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged
ConfusedShocked  Sita has been through enough.  It will take to long to construct that bridge.  Why can't Rama make a magical bridge?  He has to do it the old-fashioned way?  Hanuman should have carried Rama on his shoulders.  I feel bad for this woman who has suffered 1 year because of that brute Ravana.  If I had it my way, I would change the story.  Wink

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:55am | IP Logged
hey welcome to the forum...the reason behind building ramsetu bridge was different ...here is the tale tht threw the light on y Lord Rama decided to construct ram setu bridge

wen lord rama reached rameshwaram and saw vast ocean infront of him he asked for the suggestion from his advicers...
sugreev suggested to take a safe route via land but tht could take them 365 days to reach lanka...lord haumana said tht he could fly to lanka so he will carry lord rama lord lakshmana and other soldiers of their army to lanka but lord rama rejected it as th would consume lots of energy of lord hanumana and it would be tiresome for hanuman ...jamban (bear) said to swim across the ocean... wen lord rama asked for lakshmana's suggestion he said " they should construct the ship and sail across the ocean"...but sugreev said the troop will require lots of ships and no one in the troop knows the art of building the ship and then it would plunder the forest which he didnt wanted... lord rama said he dont want to plunder the forest and hence he decided to request  the ocean god to show him the way lord lakshman wasn't happy  he retorted and said  "y does he suspect his abilities he knows he had know build lots of boats during the exile he knew the techniques and mechanism of constructing ship.. he would build the ship and would reach lanka in no time
lord rama smiled and said" i never suspect u lakshmana who better than I know ur immense power i know constructing the ship is lot easier task for u  but sometimes for the sake of dharma one has to opt for a difficult route and impossible task"
lord lakshmana didnt said anything
and after three days wen lord rama threatened ocean god and ocean god asked him to build the stone bridge lord rama looked at lakshmana and he understood wht lord rama meant...ramsetu wasnt just the bridge tht he build on the ocean but it was the faith and belief he build in the mind of ppl  tht NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ! IF HEART AND MIND IS DEVOTED TO ALMIGHTY STONE CAN  FLOAT ON WATER ! 

hope it helpedEmbarrassed

Edited by arti07 - 25 June 2013 at 5:54am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

praman1234FrozenRainmanzilmukulEXOL..RamKiJanaki..

FrozenRain IF-Rockerz
FrozenRain
FrozenRain

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged
thnx arti for d info behind buliding a bridge across d ocean...i hvn't knew tht sita waited 1 whole year in lanka for ram's arrival..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

manzilmukulEXOL

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sanaa-

thnx arti for d info behind buliding a bridge across d ocean...i hvn't knew tht sita waited 1 whole year in lanka for ram's arrival..

Not for 1 year, Sita was in Lanka for 10 months. It is mentioned in the end of Yudh Kand and also in Uttar Kand. Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

FrozenRainmanzilmukulEXOLIncense

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaughtyGaurav

ConfusedShocked  Sita has been through enough.  It will take to long to construct that bridge.  Why can't Rama make a magical bridge?  He has to do it the old-fashioned way?  Hanuman should have carried Rama on his shoulders.  I feel bad for this woman who has suffered 1 year because of that brute Ravana.  If I had it my way, I would change the story.  Wink

I can understand your sentiments, but changing the story wouldn't change history, would it?

Ram may have been God, but he behaved like a human in his incarnation so he did everything the "old-fashioned" way. What happened, happened for a reason. Regretting it won't change anything.
sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaughtyGaurav

If I had it my way, I would change the story.  Wink

I thank Lord Ram that He didn't had a new-fashioned you as one of his advisors back then in Treta, otherwise we probably would had been deprived of TWO loved & revered events of the "story".

FrozenRain IF-Rockerz
FrozenRain
FrozenRain

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Not for 1 year, Sita was in Lanka for 10 months. It is mentioned in the end of Yudh Kand and also in Uttar Kand. Embarrassed

thnx janaki...Smile...i hv less knowledge abt mytho  other than what i saw on tv shows..so thnks for d info.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged

pleasure all mine sanaa and thanks for the bday wishes Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FrozenRain

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top