Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: lovelyaddiction

Hmm but i wouldn't classify Karishma as a "Hit actress".
Kareena is more successful than her sister in terms of Box office and commercial success.

I disagree. Haha. Karishma has 2 times more the amount of hits than kareena has.
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This Kapoor Clam Power is decreasing now

Kareena is out now
Karishma is no where to see
Rishi Kapoor is doing good roles but good for HIS Career
Ranbir is kinda only saving grace!

Other Kapoor's (Shraddha, Sonam ETC ETC, NO OFFENSE) have no star power
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She has had some great movies like Raja Babu,Hero No 1, Coolie No 1, Saajan chale sasural(I donno if that one was a hit or not), Judwaa, Raja Hindustani, DTPH, Biwi No 1. Thats all i can remember i somehow feel she never got that hit status like Kajol, Madhuri or Aishwarya did. She more belongs to the Raveena/Urmila/Manisha list. But ya i won't deny she is a good actress. 

She has had some great movies like Raja Babu,Hero No 1, Coolie No 1, Saajan chale sasural(I donno if that one was a hit or not), Judwaa, Raja Hindustani, DTPH, Biwi No 1. Thats all i can remember i somehow feel she never got that hit status like Kajol, Madhuri or Aishwarya did. She more belongs to the Raveena/Urmila/Manisha list. But ya i won't deny she is a good actress.

Not really. Commercially and critically she's always been ahead the likes of Kajol and Aishwariya. Yeah maybe that she kinda gave up quicker than Kajol and Madhuri but still she has more hits than any of those

From all you mentioned ALL WERE FULLY FLEDGED HITS
Plus
Hum Saath Saath Hain, Krishna, Haseena Maan Jayegi, Jaanwar, Jigar, Anari, Khudaar, Suhaag, Gopi Kishan.

She also has the cult classic Andaz Apna Apna and some pathbreaking woman orientated films that took away many accolades from Fiza, Zubeidaa and Shakti. Her career graph is underrated. Only coz she's not a media favorite. But generally ask 90s fan, most had Karishma as their favorite from 95 to 99.

She even has a National Award for her performance that neither Madhuri, Aishwariya, Kajol or Kareena has.Edited by Rambo.Rajkumar - 10 years ago
shadesofme thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Hmm but i wouldn't classify Karishma as a "Hit actress". 
Kareena is more successful than her sister in terms of Box office and commercial success.

tats not true karishma was very popular those days !
only after JWM kareena attained hit status and top heroine before that she struggled
and was know as karishma sister !!!

Originally posted by: shadesofme

tats not true karishma was very popular those days !
only after JWM kareena attained hit status and top heroine before that she struggled
and was know as karishma sister !!!

Indeed. Post Raja Hindustani Karishma gained huge popularity that her movie Krishna's success credit was given to the hit number Jhanjhariya
Regarding karishma she was succesful but misses status of madhuri kajol due to fact she ended her career way earlier i think but she was successful throughout her career
shadesofme thumbnail
Originally posted by: vedant123

This Kapoor Clam Power is decreasing now

Kareena is out now
Karishma is no where to see
Rishi Kapoor is doing good roles but good for HIS Career
Ranbir is kinda only saving grace!

Other Kapoor's (Shraddha, Sonam ETC ETC, NO OFFENSE) have no star power

true but the thing is u will never get rid of kapoors 😆
60's-70's raj kapoor and brothers
80's-rishi kapoor
90's karishma kapoor
20's-kareena
and now ranbir !!
and if we think finally kapoors are going to end here i am sure karishma's children will be ready to enter the field  😆
Originally posted by: ady148

Regarding karishma she was succesful but misses status of madhuri kajol due to fact she ended her career way earlier i think but she was successful throughout her career

Kajol's status is quite unsure if you think of it. Outside YRF and Dharma productions she's only been part of 6 hits..

Baazigar
Yeh Dillagi
DDLJ
Karan Arjun
Gupt
Ishq
Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya
Pyar Toh Hona Hi Tha
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
K3G
Fanaa
MNIKEdited by Rambo.Rajkumar - 10 years ago
shadesofme thumbnail
Originally posted by: ady148

the plus point for kajol is she is remembered with srk for her hit pair with him !
as long as u discuss srk and his films u will discuss ddlj and kajol so she is more popular like that and madhuri is famous for her dances and she dint disappear like karishma !
she is doing jdj and doing songs like ghagra and she even has a film release this year so she kind of stays in peoples mind !
where as karishma disappeared for long gap !