My character is the lead in Meri Bhabhi

MG2507 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

My character is the lead in Meri Bhabhi, and you cannot ignore him - Vipul Gupta

Actor Vipul Gupta who was last seen in Yeh Saali Zindagi plays a dutiful brother and a loving husband in Star Plus' recently launched show Meri Bhabhi (DJ's A creative Unit).

In an era where women walk away with the cake in most of the shows, Vipul is one actor who feels his character has enough meat which will not sideline him from the main concept which revolves around the bonding of a 'nanand and bhabhi'…

Talking about it, Vipul tells Tellychakkar.com, "I did have reservations in taking up this show initially, but I was really happy when I got a narration from the producers. I have shot for a couple of episodes and am happy with the way my character is shaping up as per the narration."

Going into more depth, the actor explains, "This is my sixth show as a lead and I know how important my character in the serial is. Right now the nanad-bhabhi affection is very attractive, and the show is being promoted by way of that. But there will be a husband-wife relationship as well as a sister-brother bond too. On the whole, there is a lot of meat in this character as he is the lead and you cannot ignore him."

Talking about his pretty co-stars Kanchi Kaul (plays his sister) and Isha Kansara (plays his wife) he states, "Kanchi and I stay in the same building in real life, so we have known each other for a long time. Isha is a sweet girl and to tell you more, we have become best of buddies now."

Vipul who is the prankster on the sets confesses, "I usually keep troubling my co-stars. For example once Isha had to go to some place and I told her that she should call a particular ticket agent who never existed. Apart from that the actor who plays my younger brother was once sleeping in between the shoot. So when he came up on the sets we told him that he looked really sleepy and must do some push-ups and he actually did it (laughs)."

Vipul, we wish you all the very best for your new show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niki_2293 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing...anand has an amazing equation with shraddha...he is a great actor plus there's gonna be a twist related to anand and kittu...eagerly waiting for it!!!! 

saliha22 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hes a role model to all brothers out there :)

the emotion he shared wif shradha was amazing n got me in2 tears ;(
Ankita7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice interview. thanks for sharing. no doubt he has a good equation with kanchi and esha off-screen. it shows on-screen as well. glad he likes his character and is not feeling sidelined. generally in female-oriented shows, males always feel sidelined. his character is turning out to be great.