Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

A Najma SS: Imperfection Is Beauty---ON HOLD (Page 9)

-Devanshi- Goldie
-Devanshi-
-Devanshi-

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:13am | IP Logged

A/N:The characters belong to 4 Lions. I do not intend to hurt any religious sentiments and if I make any mistakes, feel free to tell me. 
This piece of fiction comes from the delusional part of my brain that says I can writeLOL. That does not mean you can copy it. Thanks.

Replies are on previous page! Do check them out because it nearly took me an hour to type those outLOL

Chapter 4: Lying and hiding the truth are not the same! Right?

Outside the Dean's Office

Najma kept re-adjusting her dupatta out of habit. She had been waiting outside the office for the past half an hour. Every five minutes, she would think about her first lecture fiasco and tears would brim up in her eyes but she would manage to hold them in which made her head ache. The middle-aged receptionist would look at her every time she sniffled and gave her look mingled with pity and sympathy.

Finally the person who was inside the cabin came out. He was sweating even though the cool air of the air conditioner could be felt till outside and he was constantly cursing under his breath.

The receptionist told Najma, "Dear one, you are up next."

Before going in Najma asked her, "Is my nose too red?"

"A little. But its okay, hopefully sir won't notice" lied the receptionist. The truth was that her nose was red enough to give Rudolph a tough competition and her eyes were now so big and puffy with crying that they could replace the phrase 'doe-eyed' with 'Najma-eyed'. But she was beautiful, nevertheless thought the receptionist. 

Najma muttered her thanks and push the door open, bracing herself for getting shouted at. She had always thought that a person at the post of a dean would be old, probably in their sixties, and with those tiny beady eyes which would make you feel guilty even if you were not at fault.

For the fear that, she might start crying again, she shut her eyes tight thinking that any moment there would be a stern voice that would scold her for immature behavior and fire her immediately. She was so sure that she had disappointed herself, her family and most importantly, Mr. Aseem Kabir. He had trusted her and thought she had the caliber to teach and she had let him down' on the very first day. Great going! She berated herself mentally.

To say that Najma was shocked when the Dean finally spoke would be an understatement.

"Seriously, am I that hideous? I thought wearing a suit would make me look better. But judging by the look on your face, I guess not."

Najma eyes flew open and she found herself staring at a highly bemused Mr. Aseem Kabir. He was smiling, his eyes crinkling at the edges. She noticed that he had worn a plain white shirt with his jacket wrapped around the chair. She looking heavenwards and thought You must be having SO much fun, right?

All she could do was slump into a nearby chair and mumble, "Dean. Mr. Kabir. Mr. Kabir. Dean.  May Allah help me."

"Assalum alaykum, Ms. Khan" he said pleasantly.

Najma finally regained some of her composure and greeted him right back. Then without waiting for him to even say anything she said accusingly, "You lied to me." She added,"Sir."

" And here I thought that this was my cabin. Fine, let's give you the benefit of doubt. As much as you like to think that I lied to you, I have not. I am a professor in this college" he said, playing with the paperweight on his desk and trying to look at her through the glass of the paperweight as she thought.

"So, you are not the dean of this college?" she asked, her eyes narrowed which my friends, is a tough job after crying so much.

"Yes and no" replied Mr. Kabir coolly, keeping the paperweight down and now playing with the name plate as he continued, "You see, Ms. Khan, I possibly cannot be the dean of this college. I do not have enough experience nor do I have a lot of accomplishments that render me capable of handling such a reputed college. However, here I am sitting in the chair that is meant for the dean. It's quite simple, really. The dean of this college has not been keeping very well and as it happens, the dean and I are'very close. " A wry smile touched his lips at the word 'close'."So whenever, the dean is not well or has to go out to handle important matter, I am delegated the responsibilities of the dean. So, yes, I am the dean as of now" he finished, placing the name plate back on the desk and looked at Najma to find a look of absolute awe on her face.

Things finally fell into place. How Najma got recommended to the dean; how she didn't  even have to give an interview; how the assistant had sounded so confident about Mr. Kabir's decisions. It all made sense finally. Maybe he is not a crook after all thought Najma.

When Najma saw both his eyebrows raised, she got the weird feeling that maybe she had voiced her last thought and his next words just confirmed her feeling.

"Ms. Khan, you have an uncanny ability to humiliate me every time we meet. You have some serious trust issues" said Mr. Kabir though he found it extremely funny because never in his lifetime had someone called him a 'crook' on his face. Well, there's always a first time!

"I am so' so' so' sorry! I have no intentions of insulting you in any way, sir. It's just that all this seemed too easy. You can't possibly blame me for having my doubts. Besides, what you did is quite close to lying" she said hurriedly and then clapped her hands over her mouth as soon as she said the last part. Now would be a good time to shut up she thought

If Mr. Kabir was angry, he didn't show it. But his green eyes did harden a little.

"No, Ms. Khan. I didn't lie to you. I merely hid the truth from you because I didn't think it was necessary to tell you then. Even if I would have explained this complicated situation then, I would have only scared you more" he said, gesturing at her current state.

Najma nodded slowly, letting that sink in.

"You may take off your hands from your mouth now, Ms. Khan because you have some answering to do yourself now" he added and Najma immediately dropped her hands.

"So, how was your day?" he asked, casually.

Apparently, that was a very wrong question to ask. Why? Because all those tears that Najma had managed to hold back since past half an hour or so decided unanimously in that moment that they had to break free. And hence, Najma burst into tears. Right in front of Mr. Aseem Kabir. She was crying in front of the most handsome man who had ever bothered to speak to her!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I just want to clear up one thing after this chapter: Najma is not a cry baby. In my story, she has been shown as an extremely diligent student who has never disappointed anyone in her life. So, when she failed on the very day of her job, she is very sad about it. Eventually, her character will become stronger and I can only hope that I will be able to portray it well enough!Embarrassed   

Like, Comment and I hope I made you smile somewhere!

Buddy me for PMs!

Love,
Devanshi.

Edited by -Devanshi- - 26 June 2013 at 7:45am

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

fluffy21dawn08ANAKIN84Starshinasony1990MayaB5~Palak~piyushimanjusha_92fundyCuriousmindricha1792fee-feeIPKKND_Pyaar...SankaDevi...jemiiAyuzawasanah12Kaya13Asya0910MayurnASYAnihamrmMissAsianKaBhilicioussneaky-ajsparikh-waitingforyou-Madame_NoddyAnjuRishAsma-ziya117Manasi_16krati5--Mahima--raneebSurish

IPKKND_Pyaar Senior Member
IPKKND_Pyaar
IPKKND_Pyaar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:20am | IP Logged
First againDancing
Great update once again..
Najma is super cute *I'm never gonna tire of saying this*
Aseem and Najm's chemistry is subtle but wonderful..
I love itHeart

Edited by IPKKND_Pyaar - 26 June 2013 at 7:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Devanshi-

MissAsian Goldie
MissAsian
MissAsian

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:45am | IP Logged
I love it :)
Yeaap u're right Najma isn't a cry baby but she is TOOO cyuuute ;)
Man i'm loving thus 'dean'
najma needs some confidence - she's a beautiful girl and who doesn't like curves :)

-Devanshi-

AnjuRish IF-Rockerz
AnjuRish
AnjuRish

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:14am | IP Logged
awww poor najma 
i understand ...after one month of joining my day went bad and i cried so much
i have never cried in public ever
i mean i grew up wth 3 brothers ...i am a tough kid 
sometimes situation is such that u start crying coz u disappoint the person who has put their trust in u

-Devanshi-

--Mahima-- IF-Stunnerz
--Mahima--
--Mahima--

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Najma is so tensed

Kabir seems a nice guy

Update soon

-Devanshi-

...SankaDevi... Senior Member
...SankaDevi...
...SankaDevi...

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Can I imagine Aseem as Barun Sobti? LOL

Great update, and poor Najma, hope everything will be good!

Waiting for new Chapter! Embarrassed

-Devanshi-

MayurnASYA Goldie
MayurnASYA
MayurnASYA

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged
wow...loved it...Clap
its awesome...Big smile
poor najma...and kabir..im already loving him...
thanx for the pm...Hug
plz conti soon...pretty plz...Embarrassed

-Devanshi-

KaBhilicious Goldie
KaBhilicious
KaBhilicious

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Nice update

-Devanshi-

Go to top