Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

A Najma SS: Imperfection Is Beauty---ON HOLD (Page 16)

-Devanshi- Goldie
-Devanshi-
-Devanshi-

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MjhtFan_Mahima

Its been so long

Soon! I promise :). I am so sorry to keep you waiting! :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Mahima--

--Mahima-- IF-Stunnerz
--Mahima--
--Mahima--

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Its ok

I was just reminding you that you write a ss

Which should be updated

In case you forgot

Wink

-Devanshi-

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged
update soon..Smile

-Devanshi-

nikki.171 IF-Dazzler
nikki.171
nikki.171

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged
I LUB IT ! Yes ... Najma is such a sweet heart ! Continue super duper soon and make the updates longer. Please "bats eyelashes* lol
And can I please get a PM?

-Devanshi-

-Devanshi- Goldie
-Devanshi-
-Devanshi-

Posted: 17 July 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged
A/N:The characters belong to 4 Lions. I do not intend to hurt any religious sentiments and if I make any mistakes, feel free to tell me. 
This piece of fiction comes from the delusional part of my brain that says I can writeLOL. That does not mean you can copy it. Thanks.

Chapter 6: Modern Day Karan-Arjun?

'Ping ping ping.'

'Good Morning, I hope you have a great day. Good Morning, I hope you have a great day.'

'Tring, tring. Tring, tring.'

'Eeehaw. Eeehaw. Eeehaw.'

Najma sat upright, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as multiple alarms blared in her ears. She turned them off one after the other and stretched with a smile on her face. She glanced at the time and grinned as she noticed that she had more than enough time to get ready, have a proper breakfast and reach the place where the workshop was being held.

She and Second Mistakes just never got along!

Najma waved goodbye to Asad for the tenth time. He had insisted on dropping her and she finally gave in.

She turned around, took a deep breath, sent a quick prayer to Allah and entered the building. She spotted the receptionist and started walking in her direction looking at the ground, when she hit a broad chest. She backed up and started apologizing profusely, "I am so sorry. I am always bumping into people when I am walking looking downwards."

"First sign of low self-confidence: always looking down while walking and talking" spoke a man's voice finally making Najma look up.

She found herself looking into gray eyes behind a pair of spectacles smiling at her pleasantly. Black messy hair, slightly upturned eyebrows which made him look like he was always at some mischief, a long sharp nose, spectacles resting at the bridge of his nose and a clean shaven face. He had worn a plain black shirt and denims.

Najma found her voice and said, "Oh. Okay. Thank you for telling me. I have got to go."

Without waiting for a reply, she quickly walked over to the receptionist and said, "Hello. I am supposed be meeting my guide at nine o'clock."

"May I know your name, ma'am?"

"Najma. Najma Ahmed Khan."

She didn't notice how Mr. Gray Eyes who had almost walked away, suddenly looked at the her with sudden interest. He came up and stood next to her, his elbow resting on the table, and winked at the receptionist who merely blushed.

Najma's eyes widened at his audacity and she looked away even though he was not looking at her. She cleared her throat to bring the receptionist out of her reverie.

"Uh. Yes ma'am. Your mentor is Mr. Aakash who is..." She left her sentence hanging in the air and dreamily looked at Mr. Gray Eyes who just gave her a charming smile.

Najma prayed fervently to Allah in her mind to produce another Mr.Aakash right in front of her but all her prayers were in vain when Mr. Gray Eyes said,

"That will be me."

"Hi. My name is Aakash. Naam toh suna hi hoga" he said with an impish smile, much to the annoyance of the receptionist who scowled at Najma.

Was it possible for the stomach to ache if you suppressed laughter? Probably, because she felt a dull ache in her abdomen as she tried her best to suppress her laughter at the use of that clichd line.

Najma put her hand to her mouth, trying not to smile and a few seconds later, when she was sure she wouldn't burst into laughter, she took her hand off her mouth, swept her hand over hair to smoothen it and said, "Of course I have heard it. The receptionist just said it. In fact, it is such a common name! During my school, every year, my class had at least two Aakash's! Once we had five of them in my class and two of them even had the same surnames! Can you believe it? Those were such good old days!"

She stopped blabbering to find a dumbstruck expression on both of their faces. Aakash was the first one to recover. He laughed jovially and Najma joined in, leaving the receptionist absolutely clueless as to why they were laughing. After a while he said,

"Hi, my name is Aakash Singhania. I am the head mentor here. Welcome to the programme!"

Najma greeted him back and shook hands with him. She was supposed to feel scared of him what with him being her mentor but the casual way in which he spoke, didn't make her nervous at all!

Aakash gestured her towards the elevator and they reached his office on the third floor. Once they entered his spacious office, he seated her and offered her refreshments which she accepted.

"So, Ms. Khan, is it fine if I address you by your first name?" He asked a little skeptically.

"Sure, sir" she said.

"Excuse me? Sir? Please. Call me Aakash. I maybe your mentor or guide but I prefer to be called by my first name" he said, the smile back on his face. He has a dimple when he smiles, she noticed.

"So Najma, I have been told that you have problems addressing a class full of students, am I right?"

Najma hesitated. No one had ever pointed out her weakness so directly.

Nevertheless, she appreciated that he didn't pity her or try to beat around the bush. "Yeah. But I really want to improve and I am ready to work---"

"That's why Aseem has sent you here. And we will work on your problems for sure. Starting today" he said. He got up from his chair and went over to a wall unit which had a lot of books well arranged.

If Najma was surprised with the way he addressed Mr. Kabir by his first name, she did not show it.

Najma prepared herself mentally. She had read up everything that was sent to her in the mail for today's session. He was supposed to explain to her a few theories like the Multiple Intelligence Theory which she had already studied in depth during in college but she didn't mind hearing about it again.

He picked up a thin book, smiled at it fondly and took his seat again. He opened it and scanned through a few pages before finally settling on one particular page. He handed the book to Najma and said, "Explain this poem to me."

"Poem? But...but...I read the details of the whole programme. Today is my first day and you are supposed to be explain the MI theory and the Concept of---"

"I read through your resum which Aseem had sent to me. The courses that you had taken up during your college suggest that you are well aware of all the theoretical concepts. There is no point in wasting time on that! Now, I'll give you a few minutes to go through this poem which is very famous and then, you'll explain it to me" he said with finality in his voice. He didn't sound strict but there was this determination in his voice which would make you obey him.

Why can't things go the way they are planned for once? She asked herself.

"Uh-huh" she said, taking the book from him and she took a look at the poem. Immediately, her lips took the shape of a smile and she looked up to find a much too similar twinkle in Aakash's gray eyes.

"I'm ready."

And then she got up from her seat and began to recite Lochinvar by Sir Walter Scott.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, she took a deep breath of satisfaction and took her seat again. Lochinvar was one of her favorite poems ever since school and she had put in all her energy to explain it. She had recited it with enthusiasm, enacting the character's voices and their expressions. And then she had explained each and every line, the different figures of speech and their importance and there was that admiration in her voice for the character of Lochinvar and the poet throughout her explanation.

She wiggled her eyes at Aakash as if to ask how she had fared. He simply shook his head. It seemed as if all the excitement had been drained out of her in a split second when he shook his head. Her shoulders drooped and she sighed. Another disappointment she thought.

"Your explanation was without doubt, outstanding. The way that you speak about Sir Walter Scott makes me want to read his works all over again. But the one thing that you lacked throughout your explanation was--- eye contact. You were constantly looking at a point on the window behind me. Not once did you look at me to make sure if I was even awake while you were explaining. I am sorry if I sound blunt but you lack confidence and--- WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU CRYING?" he shouted, panic in his voice as he saw tears at the corners of her eyes. He shot up from his seat and sat on the seat next to her and said repeatedly, "Please don't cry. Please don't cry. I didn't do anything." He looked around frantically as if someone was going to come and arrest him.

And then he heard giggles. Giggles turned to laughter and when he looked at Najma's face again, she was clutching at her stomach, laughing as if he was the funniest thing on the whole planet.

After a while she calmed down and explained herself to a bewildered Aakash.

"I was not crying! It just felt so good hearing appreciation after such a long time! Sure, the criticism hurt but I am ready to work on it. Why would you think I was crying?" She asked.

"Generally, when one sees tears at the corners of someone's eyes, it is assumed that they are going to cry. I didn't know that it wasn't the same way with you" he said, the sarcasm in his voice evident.

She faked a look of hurt on her face and he raised his hands in surrender. The next moment they both burst into laughter.

A knock on the door followed by clearing of throat put an end to their easy camaraderie and they both looked up to find Aseem Kabir standing in the doorway, a perplexed look on his face, his green eyes settling on the pair who were seated and laughing like they were friends meeting after years.

"Let me on in the joke too. I don't like feeling left out!" he said, his eyes glancing at Aakash before settling on Najma's smiling face. Aakash noticed how Najma's eyes widened and her smile wavered a little before it widened even more if that was possible. One look at Aseem's face was enough for him to understand that there was obvious...frission. This is going to be so much fun he thought.

Aseem walked in the cabin and Aakash got up. Najma became a little tense as green met gray. It is a general reaction when two handsome men come across each other; they are not supposed to get along. Hence, to say that Aseem's next words shocked Najma, would be an understatement.

"So, I see that you are getting along very well with my brother, Ms. Khan" he said and then they hugged each other.

So they are brothers. Wait... What?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Check next post for the long note :D

Edited by -Devanshi- - 17 July 2013 at 5:12am

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

wreetisony1990goyalprey...Hannu...IPKKND_Pyaar...SankaDevi...fee-feemanjusha_92hemvbAva9339fundyCuriousmindKaya13Asya0910-Siaa-nihamrmMissAsianMayurnASYAsanah12penfriend28-waitingforyou-Madame_Noddyrosamale.Anamika.TeriGalliyan.AnjuRishMeselfAsma-raneeb--Mahima--Surish

-Devanshi- Goldie
-Devanshi-
-Devanshi-

Posted: 17 July 2013 at 5:07am | IP Logged

*Ducks beneath a table*

So… late again huh? I am trying very hard to not make it a habit, I swear!

So new character, huh? Let me know what you'll think about him. Yeah, I obsess pver gray eyes too. Who'll be playing it? Isn't it obvious? Akshay Dogra. With gray eyes. *drool* IMO, they had one of the best off screen bromance (Remember Balwant Kaur?). Sadly, they were not given the same on screen justice.

Also, Ayuzawa was super sweet to make these pictures of Sobti with green eyes. Thank you so much!:)

My favorites are the first and the last oneEmbarrassed                                                           

Read, like and comment. Thank you so much for sticking around! I got some very lovely comments for the last update and I will be replying to them shortly! Thank you so much for reading this story!Hug

Hope I made you smile somewhere!

New readers please buddy me!

Love,

Devanshi

Edited by -Devanshi- - 17 July 2013 at 5:15am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

deepthipavitragoyalpreyMayaB5...SankaDevi...Ava9339Kaya13-Siaa-MissAsianAsya0910-waitingforyou-TeriGalliyan.Meself--Mahima--Surish

-Devanshi- Goldie
-Devanshi-
-Devanshi-

Posted: 17 July 2013 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IPKKND_Pyaar

Stalker alertTongue
I loved it.. I have to say its becoming my habit.. Every update is special..
Najma and Aseem... OMG I don't know what to say.. They are perfect..
Her tears knocks him down flat..First step to HEA
I loved how you included a bit about Asya too..
I think Aseem is going to be her guide and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it..

PS: Barun as Aseem... I love you for that..
PPS: I'm still not over him too..Embarrassed

Hey there! I am going to need some stalking tips from you. Mine are a little rustyLOL
Aww... thanks you so much! I am glad you find the story interesting!
They are? Hmm...lets see how perfect they are for each otherWink

yeah..he is one of those guys who are difficult to just forgetLOL

Keep reading!

IPKKND_Pyaar

Asma- IF-Rockerz
Asma-
Asma-

Posted: 17 July 2013 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Finally i loved this part can't wait for the next 

-Devanshi-