Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

India-Forums

Give US a Reason to Write .SwaRon readers peep in. (Page 2)

.Vrushanholic. IF-Sizzlerz
.Vrushanholic.
.Vrushanholic.

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
i agree
when payal and i started writing our first ff we were very excited
i knew it takes time for people to like your work and we were newbies i thought that they dont take interest in newbies posts
i told payal to keep patience
but looking at the fact that there were only few likes and comments
payal felt dejected and she does not want to write
neither do i
i hope this post improves things

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

megsypehlanasha._Deepika_

-FrozenRain- IF-Sizzlerz
-FrozenRain-
-FrozenRain-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Deeps Di Thank you for making up this post and clearing few misunderstanding..
One reason why a reader trends to lose the interest as per my POV is the unregular updates.
Few update at faster time and few take ages to update..Either way both the reader and writer suffer.With busy schedule matching the pace of story gets tough with delayed update one trends to forget the story..This goes with only one set..

Next is the lack of people over the forumn. I see there is a decline in members and that affects the readers content..

Let me be frank hear I guess I have read only your works and few of megsy work.Rest I have not and something in myself I avoid reading works of new writers as I don't want to  keep them in false hopes.When one knows the schedule is going to get hectic its better not to give the writer any hopes.
A small suggestion to budding writers start with OS..Dont go for SS or FF at start.Let the readers know your style and then get into writing FF This will help you to get more readers...

Asma

This is wholy my POV..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

megsypehlanasha.HPHolic-3SanskritiS_Deepika_

sakshi.ekansh IF-Sizzlerz
sakshi.ekansh
sakshi.ekansh

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged
so so true di... I completely agree... being a writer as well as a reader...
many times I myself have quit my works thinking readers wont like it.. I know how much it stresses a person to write something... for me if I am going to post an os or an update, I'll have to skip my sleep.. not about me but the writers out here have their lives who are busy themselves but they still take out some time for the readers only... but they don't get what they deserve...

As a writer I am disappointed and as a reader I am guilty...

A bang on post Di...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blooming_angelmegsySanskritiS_Deepika_

Legilimens. IF-Rockerz
Legilimens.
Legilimens.

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Di I couldn't have agreed more..Its a fact that swaron readers have decreased drastically.. and it's gross..As a reader I follow less works but I make it a point to go through every single os and give a comment on at least a few of them. I didn't follow many works because of studies.. I hardly got time to come online in the first quarter of the year and I came online only in march..tried to go through my pms and read as
much as possible. I really do appreciate writers who I like.

As a writer I'm heavily disappointed..I make it a point to do my level best while writing any os but what do I get??Not even half people liking it,leave alone commenting.. it takes time to send pms and time to write an update and its highly discouraging to see few
likes as compared to the number of people in my buddy list. I just deleted those ppl who don't even have the courtesy to hit the like tab frkm my buddy list. As a writer even I have a personal life and studies and stuff still I'm trying
to write. I don't know why its extremely discouraging... Ppl who buddy me for receiving pms themselves dont care to open it..Anyway I hope this post of urs makes a difference..I'll soon update ishq wala love..end it and my
Challenge oss n complete my ff with neeti and then probably good bye to writing..If ppl don't wanna read, y should we write??
Embarrassed

Edited by tanha29 - 23 June 2013 at 8:39am

megsypehlanasha._Deepika_

_Deepika_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Deepika_
_Deepika_

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by asmaju

Deeps Di Thank you for making up this post and clearing few misunderstanding..
One reason why a reader trends to lose the interest as per my POV is the unregular updates.
Few update at faster time and few take ages to update..Either way both the reader and writer suffer.With busy schedule matching the pace of story gets tough with delayed update one trends to forget the story..This goes with only one set..

Next is the lack of people over the forumn. I see there is a decline in members and that affects the readers content..

Let me be frank hear I guess I have read only your works and few of megsy work.Rest I have not and something in myself I avoid reading works of new writers as I don't want to  keep them in false hopes.When one knows the schedule is going to get hectic its better not to give the writer any hopes.
A small suggestion to budding writers start with OS..Dont go for SS or FF at start.Let the readers know your style and then get into writing FF This will help you to get more readers...

Asma

This is wholy my POV..

Thanks Asma ..for sharing ur views and actually we want to listen to the reader's side of the story ...the point u came up with is really helpful...new and budding writer can 1st make the readers familiar with their style of writing and after getting few loyal readers they can start with the FF/SS part ...

About the unregular posts ...again comes the word...encouragement ..even if the writer is having the next part ready with him/her ...it discourages him/her to post it ..

I hope we get to know about others readers' opinion and if possible some solution

Edited by deep_Tanha - 23 June 2013 at 6:59am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

megsysakshibshahSanskritiSpehlanasha.-FrozenRain-Swaronvrushan

-FrozenRain- IF-Sizzlerz
-FrozenRain-
-FrozenRain-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Deep di I'm thankful that something helped..
With known readers I know encouragement is the key  and lets hope for positive response.

...Deepika...megsypehlanasha._Deepika_

zk456789 Goldie
zk456789
zk456789

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Deep I agree with your post dat readers really don't comments on the updates
But sometimes it happens coz of irregular updates like agar ek update ek week me milta he to dusra 2 months bad
So due to dis kind of irregularities readers wont comment dats completely my pov so no offence
But yeah I should agree that readers should comment on the work so that it will encourage the writer to write more

megsysakshibshahpehlanasha._Deepika_

TojoursPur IF-Dazzler
TojoursPur
TojoursPur

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:45am | IP Logged
i know deepu----hum log bechare bina sahare----Cry

you have made a meaningful post---one that most writers actually wanna say---but dont because they think that their writings are not upto the mark and thus they are not encouraged with comments.i know i do.but most of my budddies atleast have been a great encouragement to me...you are a cert among them actuallyHug

anyway----i feel most discouraged when someone asks to pm because they like your writing and when the particular series ends which they professed to like, they would not take a look at your other writings if you send them pms,

and the res people who nmever comment----well i guess they are busy, but they could edit sometime as opposed to never.

the writers who are our fabs---should not be allowed to die out bcoz of silent readers.

blooming_angelmegsy_Deepika_

Go to top