Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Legilimens. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Di I couldn't have agreed more..Its a fact that swaron readers have decreased drastically.. and it's gross..As a reader I follow less works but I make it a point to go through every single os and give a comment on at least a few of them. I didn't follow many works because of studies.. I hardly got time to come online in the first quarter of the year and I came online only in march..tried to go through my pms and read as
much as possible. I really do appreciate writers who I like.

As a writer I'm heavily disappointed..I make it a point to do my level best while writing any os but what do I get??Not even half people liking it,leave alone commenting.. it takes time to send pms and time to write an update and its highly discouraging to see few
likes as compared to the number of people in my buddy list. I just deleted those ppl who don't even have the courtesy to hit the like tab frkm my buddy list. As a writer even I have a personal life and studies and stuff still I'm trying
to write. I don't know why its extremely discouraging... Ppl who buddy me for receiving pms themselves dont care to open it..Anyway I hope this post of urs makes a difference..I'll soon update ishq wala love..end it and my
Challenge oss n complete my ff with neeti and then probably good bye to writing..If ppl don't wanna read, y should we write??
😳 Edited by tanha29 - 10 years ago
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: asmaju

Deeps Di Thank you for making up this post and clearing few misunderstanding..
One reason why a reader trends to lose the interest as per my POV is the unregular updates.
Few update at faster time and few take ages to update..Either way both the reader and writer suffer.With busy schedule matching the pace of story gets tough with delayed update one trends to forget the story..This goes with only one set..

Next is the lack of people over the forumn. I see there is a decline in members and that affects the readers content..

Let me be frank hear I guess I have read only your works and few of megsy work.Rest I have not and something in myself I avoid reading works of new writers as I don't want to  keep them in false hopes.When one knows the schedule is going to get hectic its better not to give the writer any hopes.
A small suggestion to budding writers start with OS..Dont go for SS or FF at start.Let the readers know your style and then get into writing FF This will help you to get more readers...

Asma

This is wholy my POV..

Thanks Asma ..for sharing ur views and actually we want to listen to the reader's side of the story ...the point u came up with is really helpful...new and budding writer can 1st make the readers familiar with their style of writing and after getting few loyal readers they can start with the FF/SS part ...

About the unregular posts ...again comes the word...encouragement ..even if the writer is having the next part ready with him/her ...it discourages him/her to post it ..

I hope we get to know about others readers' opinion and if possible some solution
Edited by deep_Tanha - 10 years ago
-FrozenRain- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Deep di I'm thankful that something helped..
With known readers I know encouragement is the key  and lets hope for positive response.

zk456789 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Deep I agree with your post dat readers really don't comments on the updates
But sometimes it happens coz of irregular updates like agar ek update ek week me milta he to dusra 2 months bad
So due to dis kind of irregularities readers wont comment dats completely my pov so no offence
But yeah I should agree that readers should comment on the work so that it will encourage the writer to write more
ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i know deepu----hum log bechare bina sahare----😭

you have made a meaningful post---one that most writers actually wanna say---but dont because they think that their writings are not upto the mark and thus they are not encouraged with comments.i know i do.but most of my budddies atleast have been a great encouragement to me...you are a cert among them actually🤗

anyway----i feel most discouraged when someone asks to pm because they like your writing and when the particular series ends which they professed to like, they would not take a look at your other writings if you send them pms,

and the res people who nmever comment----well i guess they are busy, but they could edit sometime as opposed to never.

the writers who are our fabs---should not be allowed to die out bcoz of silent readers.
surbhimathur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Okay now dis is a serious call for me to update my ss :S
You are so ryt hukum..as a reader i can't complain coz i am guilty...but the reason was my studies...feb to june i was away and cudn't read any Ss n FF...due to that i lost touch wid al f dem...nd now i have heaps of reading to do.
But i promise aaj se that whoever does pm me,i will read n express my views on it...really sry fr nt doing it before as coz of my study n xams schedule.
Again wonderful effort di,it will really help all of us...readers as well as writers!
-TanHaVruShan- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Deepu di very nice post 👏 am not a writer but am a reader here.. Am new so haven't read all of d write ups here still but have read a few write ups made by my friends here n i try my best to like n leave a comment on them.. 1 thing i can tell by d write up.s i ve read till now is dat it shows how much of efforts u guys take to make a os or ff n if u guys take so much efforts in writing for us den even v readers must make an efforts to leave a comment on Wat ever v read Wat ever u feel about d write up be it positive or negative it ll always be an inspiration for d person who is writing...
My request to all readers pls guys if ur really interested in reading n like somethin den do comment on it encourage them n if ur not interested den its better u tell them not to send u pm.s so d writers also won't expect from u no1 can force any1 for anything guys so pls don't ignore der efforts either appreciate them or tell them dat u don't like to read it ll be easy for them to find out who actually is interested in reading der work...
Personally i ve read a few as n Wen i get time n i love reading everything about swaron i respect each writer here cos writing is not an easy job i can't do it myself u guys r really talented pls do write more n don't stop writing guys...
Oops long post sorry to bore u guys but each word of my post i mean it n its from my heart.. Very frankly i hate reading but after joining d forum Wen i read d 1st swaron os it was magical i loved it after dat i ve read a few pls continue writing guys..

Ps: have tried my best to read how many ever as possible n all my pending res ll be unres very soon guys... I would love to read so pls pm me ur future works as n Wen i get time i ll surely read them.. Its not possible to read all at once cos there r many write up.s here but ll try to read slowly slowly but ll read everything.. Thanks for bearing with my bakwass..
Edited by Shilpa_SwaRon - 10 years ago
HPHolic-3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Nice post di
As a reader I m guilty for not commenting on some writeups nowadays.But actually coz of my schedule n studies I didn't get time to comment on them n moreover some writers updates their works after a long time n because of this we lost our interest in them.But yeah from tom. onwards I'll try to comment on all the works.N specially ur works as I promised u😆
BhaviJas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i knw swaron fans are to lazy too hit like n comment...
swaron fans plsss its a request KINDLY DONT B THT MUCH LAZY...
PLSSS ITS REQUEST TO WRITERS THT THEY DNT STOP WRITING...PLSSS😕
p.s. ill try ki me sare writeups par comment karu...but thts for sure ki like tho aa jayga mere taraf se...
Edited by vrushaan - 10 years ago
swathi_swaron thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Frankly speaking i was touched by your words deepu...

each and every word shows how much each writer feels about their works...

Many readers reserve a post on the write up and they never come back..that again demotivates the writer ..

i fully agree to this as i also do the same and believe me i am really feeling bad after reading ur post... i will definitely unres all my comments in all the writer works  😳

They have the time to go through intimidating posts and fight, defending their favorites but they don't have the time to go through a single write up which takes hardly 5 mins. 

i again agree on this part... whenever there is a instigating post , we go on and defend the favourites but never take time to open a post with the name OS/SS/FF in it until and unless it is written by some writers... i must admit that i too do the same...

I agree that what i did as a reader is fully wrong but u please dont discontinue the works guys... please 😭
we really like your works guys...
u all are really awesome writers