Dance India Dance Super Moms

India-Forums

Grand Premiere Episode: Plus and minus points. (Page 6)

with_an_idea Senior Member
with_an_idea
with_an_idea

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged

Ohh I like this thread.

My good and bad points for the weekend.

+++
I'm happy for Raghav, Prince and Jai. Don't really know Siddesh well but he was looking perpetually bored on both the days.

Marzi and his off Hindi provide natural goof ups and laughs, so they don't need to script stuff in just for humour. And Marzi's lovable coz plays along when everyone pulls his leg.

I feel each team has at least that one kickass dancer with a personality. Lets just see the next two weeks to see who really shines through.

Performances: Jai's trio was the best. You could clearly see the Terence influence and the mistake didn't pop out too much. Raghav's trio was a bit off esp when they tried the slo-mo walk. LOL
Siddesh and Prince's were ok not too mind blowing.

Oh I'm also glad there's only one host and not two

- - -

I'm with you all on the AV's, they should have been shown on the first day. But maybe they needed to kill time in the 2nd epi, so they put in then coz on the 1st day the performances of the duos and trios were longer I think.

I want Farah on the show again. She's hilarious when she's uninhibited. Do hope she comes back.

All in all I've never watched a full season of DID besides Dance ke Superkids. But I know so much about the  contestants and who is from which season et all. One of these days I'm going to catch up.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Ok I'm going to reply to all of your posts I promise...thanks you guys for contributing your thoughts, firstly! :D

And sorry I am going a little (ok maybe a lot) off topic here...(warning in advance)...please don't hate...

Anu/Himani: YAAR I love this IDS show! So much talent! See THIS is how you build that connection with the contestants too. This show has done it so well. From the little intros the contestants get, to their A/V's and just their personalities coming out on stage...their impromptu stuff and of course their dance performances. A really well put together show yaar. The hosts and judges are good too. Minus that Ashley Lobo guy...seriously can't make head or tail of W*F he says. Reminds me of that Sandeep dude from DID kids season one and Shamak Davar...wannabe types. *yawn*

So I watched the Vidya Balan episode from last week (still have to watch the second episode from last week) and both of this week's. And I'm really enjoying the show. And yeah Geeta and Riteish are totally hilarious all right. haha And yeah man Riteish and Vidya were a total riot together! I finally see what you guys meant. :P haah But actually even more than them, I'm enjoying the dancing. :D

Firstly that robotic guy, Amardeep (see I even remember the names on this show) was SO adorable with his "thodi si jo peeli hai" act. Though I've seen sharper robotic dancing, I thought his idea was SO adorable and creative! With using oil as sharaab...hahaha...and robotic bar and all. And using THAT song for a robotic dance. SO creative yaar. This kind of creativity gets me so excited!

Though Amardeep's performance from this week wasn't too great, but I was still impressed...still looking out for this guy. 

This show reminds me of CDD in a way too, with the genuine talent and creativity...the unrestricted kind. Except the judges were much more knowledgeable in CDD.

Anyways, I'm so glad there's a dance reality show showcasing genuine talent in India right now. That makes me happy. Actually I think this show is even better than DID overall...though DID has my bias towards Raghav and Terence so of course I'm partial to watching it as well.But like you guys said, DID is a brand now and this IDS is a novel show and concept. But really glad that there's another good quality dance reality show to watch! YAY! Thanks for letting me know about this guys!

Ok and I love that Sunidhi girl too. My other favourite! Her "naach" performance was SO genius yaar! She totally nailed that creepy effect...and what a brilliant idea to use that doll in the beginning too. She made it fun to watch that creepiness...I was totally involved!!

And you know what that performance made me think of...though I shouldn't even compare the two...Isha from JDJ last season. This girl has that flexibility too..but she still looks like she's dancing, not just doing acrobatics. She has that artistic touch. Salman and Isha from JDJ were trying to go for that creepy effect in that one act of theirs...and it ended up looking blahh...but this girl used her flexibility to show that creepy effect too..and she was just SO convincing! And it really looked like dancing! I thought it was so cool and genius yaar! 

Even her "behne de" performance from this week was amazing! The way she adapted her movements to really LOOK like water flowing...gahh amazing stuff yaar!!! 

I love the MJ5 guys too! Their tribute to AR Rahman was awesome. And I love their personality too. They have so much fun! lol Their dance with Vidya on "ohh la la" was so much fun. haha 

Of course the D-maniax group and that Akshay Pal guy's performance that you showed me too, Anu...they're awesome too. I haven't seen their performances from last week yet.

I also really liked that girl Sadhvi...who got eliminated this week sadly...but I loved her Manipuri performance on "Monta Re". Aww I love this song and she performed so beautifully on it. I was sad to see her get eliminated. 

Those kids were really good too, Padmini and Debashish. That Padmini girl is strong man! lol They were cute with their competition thing too. 

Anyways...just in case you haven't guessed it already...but I'm TOTALLY going to watch this show now! :P haha Haddd to come here and blab (of course :P)

Thanks for bearing with me on this post guys...ok now I'm going back on topic promise. *innocent grin*

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

roxy22AreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

The cube also reminded me of his "aeriel" act on Kholo Kholo from TZP...the one he got the MJ band for...lol...

I was watching old acts again and I'm wondering how much scope there is in this show for a SOLO Raghav performance :P...lol...chances don't seem high but let's see...abhi the Mummies he has, out of them I don't see any chances of them adapting to his style that well.

Next week's preview has no glimpse of anything Raghav related...

Aww I do understand your nostalgia for DID1 and the TKT bonding from that time...when everyone was naive and not resigned to the show politics...lol...

Originally posted by AreYaar

LOL no it wasn't an impromptu act from Raghav...he choreographed the whole thing in advance...it's his choreography which is so inherently spontaneous...I LOVED this act...ek toh I got to see a solo from him after so many days so I got excited anyways...it had all the typical Raghav-isms lyrically...I loved the way he did the "toota toota taara jab giraa" bit...

Okies chalo see ya later (my guess is next week going by your usual track recordLOL)...Bye!

OYE Look who is here BEFORE the weekend!! What what!??! That's right! Ms. Oh I know people so well, I can predict everything. And that's besides the point that you're usually right too (grr)...but I would like to take this moment to gloat on my UN-predictability here! That's right! *extremely satisfied with self muh* ApproveCool *in your face muh*

Ok I'm done now...:D 

Oh but what are you saying yaar? Raghav actually choreographed this performance? I mean, of course all his acts do have that spontaneous aspect, like you said. But for some reason I totally thought this one was not choreographed in advance. Mostly because of the ending bit..with his jacket and all. It seemed like that was an impromptu thing to do. 

But anyways, for Raghav, choreographed in advance or not doesn't really matter because either way I love his dancing. Either way they have the spontaneous quality to them. But yeah I loved this act too. Yeah the "toota toota taara" bit was awesome. The way he was pulling up the "stars" and all. lol "Raghav-isms" is so right...this performance totally had all of them! Him using every single lyric and beat to perfection! I especially just LOVE the way this guy uses the lyrics...and adds like a whole story to each lyric! lol That's his charm.

Waisse I do think there is reason to hope for a Raghav solo performance. Even the judges in DID and stuff have performed before...so it could totally happen. This is me having high hopes of course. But yeah, the focus is going to be on the contestants only obviously. And yeah sadly doesn't look like any of the mummies will be able to do justice to his style...but let's see. Like you said, Raghav has surprised us before. I'm looking forward to his group acts nonetheless. 

And oh yeah that TZP act of Raghav's too. True, that cube made an appearance there. And hahaa yes that "arial" act. :P lol That performance which totally suited Raghav so well na...with the school kid character and all. But the idea of the cube was different there...more about that sense of wonder and curiosity and innocence...and here it was more about that strength/power that Raghav believed of his team.

Ohh actually I just had another thought...lol...raat ke ek baje I'm just musing to myself here...but remember how that character of Raghav's was all misunderstood types? Totally like Raghav's personality too...like no one could understand the potential he had, right? And it's like he was finding his answers in that cube. As if, by solving that cube he was going to find his answers...he was going to show his talent..show what he's capable of and find himself! So with that idea...it's actually really cool that Raghav BROUGHT this cube back to start off his season with his mummies. Because that cube represents his strength in a way no? His answers, him getting it together, piece by piece...and then passing on that strength to his team. That ball of light...or that inspiration whatever you want to call it...that's what he wants to give to his contestants.

No? no??? lol Oh come onnn...haha Yeah ok fine...I'll stop my useless musings and go to sleep. I think I need sleep. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

irene2010with_an_ideaAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Haha, I'm soo late. LOL But I finally caught up with today's episode! You guys were right, it was much much much better! Dance-wise, connect wise, jokes wise...bonding wise..basically whatever was missing yesterday. Hahaha dada/Marzi/Jay/Terence are hilarious together...Terence singing to womaniya about how dada's going to have a tough time, then Marzi singing...Marzi's hindi jhols are hilarious too. ROFL

I am just going to say ditto to all your dancing points. LOL

Loved Jai's group act. Prince's was good too, but I think his mummies find it a little hard to match him right now. Raghav's was very very good too, but like Terence pointed out..zameen asmaan ka farak hai in what Raghav does and what the mothers do. LOL But still his mom's adapted better than I expected...Siddesh's was fine. I think in general Raghav and Prince have a bigger challenge than Jai/Siddesh in matching the styles with the mummies, execution wise, just because their styles are polar opposite of the mummies' styles.

Raghav's team's solo was best execution wise :D Baaki mein thode jhol the. But hey, since no one's out that doesn't even matter as much. LOL

You know I'm really glad Jai picked DID over JDJ this time because JDJ mein his talent is more or less wasted.. Pallo you're right, Jai generally gets shortchanged on praise..I remember Terence used to praise him extra on DID1 because everyone else was too kanjoos to do praise him properly. It was really sweet to see Terence recount stuff from way back in DID1 and see that that bonding is still there..It helps that the judges here are ones who appreciate him too.

LOL @ Jai's SRK deewanapan and acting. LOL I remember Vrushali once complaining that Jai apes SRK too much. LOL Chalo ji, if all goes well then Jai will get to meet SRK in a month or so when he shows up to promote.

Raghav is this big huge goof. "ankh mein fungus" ..."mein apna style bhool raha hoon" "isko add kardo, isko add kardo"..."mujhe apni mummy achi lagne lagi hai ab" ...complaining about their gossiping in Bengali...and that look he gave when they were wishing the mummy who was doing the solo..ke bhai just croc the stage.. ROFL and awww how sweet was he telling Zoya that mast raho, bindaas hoke apna karo, sabkcuh theek hojaye ga! Haha what a pure, positive, loving heart this guy has! Zoya is really innocent too. I liked her :)

BIG YAYYY for Terence being back :D I hope he stays like this..does he know we love his good points and bad points the most? :P

Aww you finally saw the episode! Chalo, der aaye durust aye...:P lol 

YAY I'm glad you liked the episode too! Oh and WORD on missing Terence's "good points bad points"...*sigh* I toh doubt we'll EVER see that again. He has totally abandoned that method of his. :(

Pretty much word to all you've said. But oh yeah good point about Jai not doing JDJ and doing this instead. So true that his potential is much more appreciated here. JDJ mein toh Salman ke alawa kisi ko attention khass milti bhi nahin hai. Lame show. He was so awesome with Avneet and Darsheel last season...and like Anu mentioned, he has experience with working with totally non dancers like Renuka. So he'd likely be the best out of the four skippers to train his mummies. He is probably going to be able to train them the best. 

But then Raghav has tons of spirit and he just LOVES what he does so much! LOL So I just hope he can pass on even a little bit of that to his mummies. 

Edit: And OH thanks SOOO much for the update on the match...and the links! Hug YAY Will totally watch them tomorrow on my lunch break. Or tomorrow night...abhi I should go to bed. But I'm so excited...I love watching the team's antics after their wins. It just puts you in such a good mood. Contagious energy. haha 

Did you watch IDS yet? Btw, I am also watching IDS now so you guys can include me in that conversation too please. :D 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 25 June 2013 at 11:25pm
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by roxy22

i feel like thanking u all 4 ths wonderful post. i hav nt bn able to watch epi due to loadshedng bt really hav enjoyed whole post. i am big jai and raghav fan, having both of thm is great. looking 4wd 2 watching the episode.

Aww you're most welcome. *high five* for being a Raghav and Jai fan too! lol I love these guys too, I hope they can show us some good stuff on the show. 

Please do keep dropping by as you watch the episodes. :) 

Originally posted by with_an_idea

Ohh I like this thread.

My good and bad points for the weekend.

+++
I'm happy for Raghav, Prince and Jai. Don't really know Siddesh well but he was looking perpetually bored on both the days.

Marzi and his off Hindi provide natural goof ups and laughs, so they don't need to script stuff in just for humour. And Marzi's lovable coz plays along when everyone pulls his leg.

I feel each team has at least that one kickass dancer with a personality. Lets just see the next two weeks to see who really shines through.

Performances: Jai's trio was the best. You could clearly see the Terence influence and the mistake didn't pop out too much. Raghav's trio was a bit off esp when they tried the slo-mo walk. LOL
Siddesh and Prince's were ok not too mind blowing.

Oh I'm also glad there's only one host and not two

- - -

I'm with you all on the AV's, they should have been shown on the first day. But maybe they needed to kill time in the 2nd epi, so they put in then coz on the 1st day the performances of the duos and trios were longer I think.

I want Farah on the show again. She's hilarious when she's uninhibited. Do hope she comes back.

All in all I've never watched a full season of DID besides Dance ke Superkids. But I know so much about the  contestants and who is from which season et all. One of these days I'm going to catch up.

Hey there!

Great episode review! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Bahaha at bold! LOL yeah he never really looks impressed with anything does he? Hopefully we'll get another expression from him in the next episode. :P haha

Agree that there's no need for scripted stuff when there are so many goofy personalities already present. Just let Marzi and Terence be their natural selves...and Raghav too, and the show will be entertaining regardless.

LOL agree that the mummies were definitely having a hard time pulling off Raghav's slow mo walk. *sigh* Let's hope for the best for the future episodes I guess. 

They should definitely keep showing the A/V's. They are so important for us to see that bonding. 

You should definitely see the past seasons of DID and you'll see the difference in the progression of this show. The care that used to be there for EACH contestant back in the day is sadly lacking these days. That connect was developed much better earlier on. But anyways, hopefully this show will get better too as it progresses and we'll really see the mummies' personalities and connect better with them.

Umm...yeah I do like Farah but I have a big bias for Terence, so I'm hoping he stays on the show. Farah is funny and muhfat sure, but Terence is Terence. Wink
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
LOL Pallo, yeah  you proved me wrong...khush? lol

Re: IDS...that acrobatia girl's name is Suniti and yeah I liked her performances too...felt bad seeing Sadhvi leave cuz she was a mindblowing Bharatnatyam dancer...she did Manipuri beautifully on Monta Re too in that epi agreed.

Yes, the show deffo has good talent...and creativity in the choreographies as well...there was this other girl Rutuja who did this mindblowing bharatnatyam act on aevein aevein in the early rounds...it's a must watch.

Re: Raghav...lol just cuz he opened his jacket to show the "i'm back" message, you thought it was impromptu? haha no yaar...you didn't watch the rest of the epi so you don't know but all the skippers performed...Jai, Siddesh, Prince...they'd all choreographed short routines to perform on...that stuff written on his shirt toh was usual Raghav nautanki...a shout out to his fans basically...

Beautiful interpretation of the cube...I do think he uses it symbolically too to derive energy and power from...and that is what he tried to show in that act too...sometimes I think this guy's creativity is of too high a level for the aam junta to fully comprehend also...lol

pigbelly4myfeet

with_an_idea Senior Member
with_an_idea
with_an_idea

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:49pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Umm...yeah I do like Farah but I have a big bias for Terence, so I'm hoping he stays on the show. Farah is funny and muhfat sure, but Terence is Terence. Wink
[/QUOTE]
Oh I def want Terence to stay too

pigbelly4myfeet

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Pallo,

You didn't make a thread for this week?

I liked Raghav's "luka chhupi" act from yesterday's epi...reminded me of Sushant-Shampa's act on the same song from JDJ4...this was a slightly different take on it but Raghav's choreographic moments were wow...I feel the Mom overacted a bit though.

pigbelly4myfeet

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dance India Dance Super Moms Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index