Dance India Dance Super Moms

India-Forums

Grand Premiere Episode: Plus and minus points. (Page 5)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Sony was much much much better for JDJ. They had genuine challenges..a good mix of contestants..there wasn't too much politics going on. I feel like Colors tried very hard with this season--on paper their contestants are much better than last season, but they are hung up too much on promoting their own folks..and while I appreciate Remo giving so many opportunities to his dancers, thoda he should be more careful about who he recommends..poor Shweta is bogged down by a terrible choreographer.  LOL Shweta has resigned herself...and it shows...she knows she's doomed with that useless choreographer anyways...chalo she should enjoy her wedding...this Abhinav guy seems nice...she deserves happiness now after the Raja crap.

Colors only works hard on two things...getting Madhuri back every year...lol...and then promoting Salman and whichever Colors soap actor is participating...lol...that's not a long term success recipe.

Maybe some of them haven't seen Punit since DID like we have. LOL Punit's contemporary has never been that amazing. I don't know what's "wrong" with it per se, but I haven't really connected to it like I did with Mayuresh/Jai/Shakti. So based on that, I felt like he gave it his best. I don't expect him to outperform Lauren anyways. LOL  Oooh, I had written more for this act, but I lost it all. Ouch I connected to it SO much, I actually felt emotional at the end...Lauren is the most technically trained dancer to have participated as a contestant perhaps ever (probably more trained than some choreographers) , but the way she dances with that FEEL, PASSION for dance sets her apart. Isha had none of this.  Punit's contemporary never worked for me much either but I feel he had the right emotions for this act...I gushed about it in the dance critique thread in the forum...guess you've stopped going thereLOL

We shouldn't even insult Lauren by taking Isha's name in the same space as herLOL

Ditto. I connected in the beginning when he was the shadow and I was like this is going to be great, but then he lost me  when he was running in the back..and falling off the silk (even if it was amazing) ..I didn't understand how that connected to anything lol. Are Anu, bechari kuch toh theek se kar thi hai, ab Tushar usspe bhi focus na kare toh kispe kare? LOL LOL yeah he lost me in the bit when he ran off into the shadows too...flow ki major problem thi act mein...I wonder if he'll do something other than contemporary with Ekta next week...doubtful given her abilities...haha

Did you get around to watching IDS? Aaj ka epi was good too...Ravi is quite good at hosting yaar...and fun Riteish moments as always...lol...especially the beginning bits after the MJ5 act...haha

Edited by AreYaar - 23 June 2013 at 10:13pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmores

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

So I saw the Lauren-Punit act from this week too. The only thing I saw from JDJ. And it was REALLY good! I loved Punit's choreography on this song...especially that "andhera" bit when it goes all dark and then when the light comes back on, Lauren is right next to her 'dad', i.e. Punit. Even that one bit where Lauren sort of touches Punit's feet (while dancing) and gets his blessing. Really nice touches in the performance, and once again Lauren performed with SO much feel! I mean, she's definitely a great dancer technically, but the fact that she gives her ALL to her performances...so much sincerity, that's what makes me drawn to her performances. That genuine factor is what makes me connect with her dancing. I'm so glad Punit got such a great contestant this time. I'm looking forward to watching their acts now. 

Edit: Oh and sorry I missed this earlier...but woahh...that Tushar dude helped Shampa for that chau act of hers and Sushant's? Coolll...that act still remains my most favourite of Sushant-Shampa's performances! No wonder this guy was so amazing. His training really shows. He just FLOWS in this dance form yaar. It's such a treat to watch him perform. 

Edit: I just started watching IDS...yesterday's episode...and bahahah Geeta and Riteish are cracking me up already. What nautanki these two are doing! LOL Geeta carrying on her maa act is just hilarious! I gotta watch more of this. hahaa 

LOL I do understand why you loved the Sita Haran act...like I said, me and Himani gushed a LOT over it too when it aired...just that we are gushed OUT by this point so I don't have much else to blab about it...word to all you said.

You saw Lauren's act...meaning  you're just watching whatever's uploaded on that account...lol...anyways yeah I loved her act and that bit with 'jab hoga andhera' was my fav. too...said the same in another thread.

You're on to IDS now? Chalo good...will read your thoughts about it as and when you post them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

The episode started off slow again...but like you said I also loved that Mithunda called Raghav a "wonder child"...awww that he is that he is. *nods in agreement* :)

Anyways, DUDE I got so excited when Raghav started his act with that cube!! Reminded me of that "ball of light" move he used to do with his kids!! Remember? You avi-ed it too!! I gotta find that avi...but really that is like SO Raghav. That's him "passing" on the light to his team. Eee so glad he started off his group acts with that!

LOL I got excited seeing that too...that was my fav. part of the act...Raghav's trying but bechara this time isn't as lucky as he was getting Rohan and Saumya on his team...here's that avi

Aww yayyy thanks for finding that!! I love this moment! Look at their smiles too! Super adorable! Yeah I loved that Raghav did a similar thing with his mummies too. But yeah, these mummies are much more challenging for him. He IS trying for sure! Trying to bring out that drive and energy with things like his "passing the light" gesture and that cube. And even that "feel/relax" wala moment yesterday. Aww hope he keeps trying and succeeds soon.  And then he doesn't even have that kind of technical training and all too. And like Terence said, his style is like polar opposite to what his mummies are used to. But still, he can bring out postivie energy and light Raghav style so I hope he manages to do that. Manage to inspire his contestants and bring out their best. 
Aww his mummies tried well to do his style. It was hilarious how he was like, "Main apna style bhool chuka hoon ab"...LOL and how the mummies keep asking him to adjust the steps. haha Now that sounds more like the bonding I'd imagine with Raghav and his mummies. I'm sure they love teasing/pestering him a lot since he's basically such a bacha himself.  Yeah I loved that today the bonding was shown much more...this was sorely missing in yesterday's epi...they should have shown these A/Vs pehle so that we could connect to the contestants...oh well, better late than never...but yeah Raghav imitating the mummies ki Bengali chapad chapad...lol so him...also loved his line about appreciating his own Mummy more after being faced with these mummiesLOL I know right...pehle A/V's dikha dete...lol...oh yeah the chapad chapad bit adn even that W*F look he gave to that one mummy who was wishing Baisakhi good luck before her solo, in Bengali or something. haha And he's like "just crock the stage"...lol...much more Raghav-like and realistic moments here. And even in that A/V...the mummies going, "he's not like a SIR to us, he's like one of us"..LOL see that's more like it...that bit made me recover a little after our initial shock of Raghav being called a "SIR" yesterday. Much more believable. :P

I loved that we got to see that bonding between Terence and his toli wale skippers. Both Jai and Raghav! OMG so heartwarming to see!! Wasn't it? The way when Terence agrees with Jay about Raghav having mellowed down. And the way Terence couldn't help burst out laughing at Raghav's antics...LOL he just knows him so well yaar, it shows. FINALLY we get to see their old bonding again. And I loved how Terence mentioned that Raghav has a big responsibility and a challenge to try to teach these mummies his style. I hope Raghav can bring that improvement in his contestants as the show progresses. 

And even with Jai...it was SOO sweet the way Terence was like Jai is the biggest SRK fan I know. It made me nostalgic about DID 1. That care Terence has for his contestants and getting to know them. And the way he requested him to do something SRK style. And his DDLJ act was ADORABLE!! lol Jai is SO sweet yaar!  Yep I was also glad to see TKT bonding again...Jai is more subdued but the depth of his bond with Terence still shows I'm glad to see :-) Terence ki goodness keeps it going...and Raghav-Terence toh are on another level with each other...

Little little things in the epi show this guy's good heart...he was the only one getting up and going out of his way to clap for the other acts...Siddesh most of the time sadaa sa muh banaa ke baitha rehta haiConfusedLOL Yeah Jai is more subdued for sure, but I loved how Terence went out and encouraged him on there. Like he couldn't help but reach out. Yeah and even though his bond with Raghav is just something else...well I guess those two are just more meant to be types. LOL They bond with their goofiness and their inherent goodness. Those two are more inspired/in awe of each other too I feel. Similar wavelength and all...that warmth these two share. 

But yeah, Jai and Terence have also been apart and doing their own things for a longer time. But when I think about DID 1, these two did share a very special bond at that time too. With Jai always getting so criticized...and Jai always living upto Terence's expectations and doing full justice to his choreography. Those moments of triumph and struggle those two shared together were pretty significant too. And that was during the first season of this show too, when both of these guys were new to the politics and all of the show. 

By season 3 toh, Terence had much more maturity and experience and then he got SUCH a goofball of a contestant like Raghav. I feel like Raghav totally inspired Terence too...not just his dance style but his personality. So it wasn't just Terence teaching Raghav, but vice versa too...in terms of providing that energy, humour and light. Raghav does have that gift, like no one else. That ability to light up the atmosphere and make people smile. 

And really NO ONE has ever appreciated Raghav the way Terence has!! Even though he has gotten tons of compliments no doubt..but Terence just like recognized his true potential and really allowed him to shine..

Bahhh I'm just blabbing away uselessly so I'm going to stop...we've totally discussed this so many times already too and I still keep coming back to this. *shakes head at self*. I just get so nostalgic about DID. And especially Terence and his team. lol 

And bhaha yes Siddesh is always shown with that sadi hui shakal only. :P lol That's his permanent expression only. But yeah Raghav genuinely cheering everyone up just warms my heart everytime. :)))

And I really liked Prince's group act too. He just loves doing these Ganesha acts. lol But really, very creative and it was a good act. He also has a challenge with his mummies because none of them have that crispness in their dancing that he has. Yes, Prince ki mummies aren't being able to keep up with him...he either needs to slow himself down or speed them up real fastLOL LOL it's so true. They really can't keep up with him. He needs a change of plan. lol

Siddesh's was kind of avein. He didn't really bring out that energy of the song I felt. And his dancers also weren't going full out and going off-sync too. That Phulwa lady isn't really impressing me at all so far. Sad. 

Oh yeah the Raghav trying to console that Zoya girl moment. haha Aww. I know, I love this impulsive wala Raghav. Just being himself. haha And he can relate to that too. His style is anything but mainstream too. And that Zoya girl WAS cute with the way she was like, "andar se kuch bhi nikal jaata hai". Aww

See there was so much more connect with the contestants today too. Eggjactly why I enjoyed the epi.

What else? Oh yeah from the solos, I thought that Baisakhi girl was the best. And then that girl from Siddesh's team...she was graceful even she wasn't so crisp in her dancing. The Radhika girl didn't really impress me at all. And I missed the solo from Jai's team because that video was cut for me for some reason.  Yes, Baisakhi's solo was the best of the four...Radhika lacks clarity in her dancing...From Jai's team, it was Manupriya who did a contemporary routine...the same lady who's story was shown in yesterday's epi...the one who's son was taken from her...she was good but I feel thodi gadbad ho rahi thi act mein...anyways no eliminations today so everyone's happy...lol Oh ok...yeah the act didn't look super great from the coming up precap thing...yeah weird that there were no eliminations...but whatever. Mithunda and his dramatics as usual. lol They really need to bring up the competition level of this show. It's all so chill at this point. 

And oh yeahhh I also LOVED the teasing on that "mumtaaaza" thing! Bahaha because I was also like W*F...with that word. LOL  I also died laughing in the bit where Marzi translated "down to earth" as "Jameen pe letna"LOL...and Terence on the other end so sincerely trying to tell that girl that it means saadgi, humility...awwLOL LMAO oh yeah...Marzi's so random and hilarious...and aww yeah Terence trying to explain what it really means. SO Terence...aww. That saadgi word suits him so much too. :) I hope he remains this way for the rest of the show. So nice to see him be himself. 

Edit: Ohh umm yeah I'm just watching stuff from your account...thanks for uploading! Hug:D I'm not bothering with anything else...too lazy. :P 

Yeah Lauren-Punit were really good. Like Remo said, there was the right touch of emotion as WELL as dancing in this act. Even though Lauren overshadowed Punit somewhat with her technique in dance...still he supported her so well, and it was really well choreographed. Punit is a good choreographer. I hope him and Lauren go far into the competition. 

And oh I saw that Raghav IBD "ishq wala love" performance too...it was so adorable. LOL Especially that "samjhaye hum, thum jaye hum" his expressions there and the way he pauses for the "tham jaye" part...and even that "ankhe mal" bit where he's sleepily rubbing his eyes. LOL Only Raghav does these endearing things...and so naturally too. I'll bet he made this up on the spot. lol I'm sure it wasn't rehearsed as such or anything. And even that "toota toota tara" bit...aww he's probably the only guy who has managed to give THIS song so much sweetness and depth. lol I can see why you'd be even more excited for DID premier episode (and then disappointed) after watching this. 

Ok I'm gonna go to bed...will finish watching/talking about IDS later. See ya! 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 23 June 2013 at 10:54pm

gilmoresAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
The cube also reminded me of his "aeriel" act on Kholo Kholo from TZP...the one he got the MJ band for...lol...

I was watching old acts again and I'm wondering how much scope there is in this show for a SOLO Raghav performance :P...lol...chances don't seem high but let's see...abhi the Mummies he has, out of them I don't see any chances of them adapting to his style that well.

Next week's preview has no glimpse of anything Raghav related...

Aww I do understand your nostalgia for DID1 and the TKT bonding from that time...when everyone was naive and not resigned to the show politics...lol...

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

And oh I saw that Raghav IBD "ishq wala love" performance too...it was so adorable. LOL Especially that "samjhaye hum, thum jaye hum" his expressions there and the way he pauses for the "tham jaye" part...and even that "ankhe mal" bit where he's sleepily rubbing his eyes. LOL Only Raghav does these endearing things...and so naturally too. I'll bet he made this up on the spot. lol I'm sure it wasn't rehearsed as such or anything. And even that "toota toota tara" bit...aww he's probably the only guy who has managed to give THIS song so much sweetness and depth. lol I can see why you'd be even more excited for DID premier episode (and then disappointed) after watching this. 

Ok I'm gonna go to bed...will finish watching/talking about IDS later. See ya! 

LOL no it wasn't an impromptu act from Raghav...he choreographed the whole thing in advance...it's his choreography which is so inherently spontaneous...I LOVED this act...ek toh I got to see a solo from him after so many days so I got excited anyways...it had all the typical Raghav-isms lyrically...I loved the way he did the "toota toota taara jab giraa" bit...

Okies chalo see ya later (my guess is next week going by your usual track recordLOL)...Bye!

pigbelly4myfeet

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Haha, I'm soo late. LOL But I finally caught up with today's episode! You guys were right, it was much much much better! Dance-wise, connect wise, jokes wise...bonding wise..basically whatever was missing yesterday. Hahaha dada/Marzi/Jay/Terence are hilarious together...Terence singing to womaniya about how dada's going to have a tough time, then Marzi singing...Marzi's hindi jhols are hilarious too. ROFL

I am just going to say ditto to all your dancing points. LOL

Loved Jai's group act. Prince's was good too, but I think his mummies find it a little hard to match him right now. Raghav's was very very good too, but like Terence pointed out..zameen asmaan ka farak hai in what Raghav does and what the mothers do. LOL But still his mom's adapted better than I expected...Siddesh's was fine. I think in general Raghav and Prince have a bigger challenge than Jai/Siddesh in matching the styles with the mummies, execution wise, just because their styles are polar opposite of the mummies' styles.

Raghav's team's solo was best execution wise :D Baaki mein thode jhol the. But hey, since no one's out that doesn't even matter as much. LOL

You know I'm really glad Jai picked DID over JDJ this time because JDJ mein his talent is more or less wasted.. Pallo you're right, Jai generally gets shortchanged on praise..I remember Terence used to praise him extra on DID1 because everyone else was too kanjoos to do praise him properly. It was really sweet to see Terence recount stuff from way back in DID1 and see that that bonding is still there..It helps that the judges here are ones who appreciate him too.

LOL @ Jai's SRK deewanapan and acting. LOL I remember Vrushali once complaining that Jai apes SRK too much. LOL Chalo ji, if all goes well then Jai will get to meet SRK in a month or so when he shows up to promote.

Raghav is this big huge goof. "ankh mein fungus" ..."mein apna style bhool raha hoon" "isko add kardo, isko add kardo"..."mujhe apni mummy achi lagne lagi hai ab" ...complaining about their gossiping in Bengali...and that look he gave when they were wishing the mummy who was doing the solo..ke bhai just croc the stage.. ROFL and awww how sweet was he telling Zoya that mast raho, bindaas hoke apna karo, sabkcuh theek hojaye ga! Haha what a pure, positive, loving heart this guy has! Zoya is really innocent too. I liked her :)

BIG YAYYY for Terence being back :D I hope he stays like this..does he know we love his good points and bad points the most? :P

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:20am | IP Logged

LOL arey when does India NOT give tension? haha Yeah Dhoni's unpredictable alright. But I feel really happy for him too for winning this. And the whole team of course. 

I didn't actually watch the match though, nor am I super informed about cricket shinanigans. lol I get updates from the men in my family, my dad, bro and grandpa. My dad watched the game so he was updating me but then I went out for a bit in the afternoon and then only found out that India won once I got back. But initially toh ek ke baad ek sab out hoye jaa rahe the. I thought India had lost it though when Dhoni got out with no runs. Seriously, does India love to give us tension or what! It must've been the bowling only that saved us then. And then the stupid rain and all was affecting the game too na? 

So Ishaan Sharma did well then? 

Ohh and do you have any links for those celebration moments? I'd like to watch, if you've got any links saved? If not, I'll hunt around on youtube. 

Yeah yeah, go watch DID and tell us what you thought. Waisse, just to warn you, the dancing still wasn't like unbelievably awesome or anything...just that there were more moments in this episode that made it feel more like a DID episode. And Raghav was once again awesome to watch! :D lol

Bahahaha you're right...when does India NOT give tension? they don't like winning anything easily. Hamesha haarte haarte jeet jaate hain aise big matches mein LOL Oopar se the rain was really annoying..match went form 50/50 to 20/20...and was delayed some 6 hours. If there was one more shower then we would have to share the trophy..

Batting was bad...it was hard actually because of the rain, they were falling like a pack of cards..I thought there was no hope when Mahi got out too. LOL Bowling mein they did much better..but Mahi kept giving overs to Ishant when he was doing really badly...everyone had a near panic attack when Mahi gave the ball back to Ishant near the end of the match...and this guy went for 6, then wide, wide...and it looked like we had lost for sure then...and then Ishant got wickets..aur phir we won..Everyone went from Censored to Dancingin some 4-5 balls. LOL ..so Ishant did badly but his 2 wickets in that 1 over saved us..so all forgiven and forgotten. LOL

Here's the highlights :D
http://icricketbuzz.com/icc-champions-trophy-final-england-vs-india-highlights-23-june-2013/

end of part 4 mein you can see the winning moment with Mahi jumping around..after that they cut a bit unfortunately. The presentation ceremony has a lot of what I'm talking about though..LOL Virat does the gangnam style in front of the Champions sign thing they have..and then through the victory lap he's dancing along with Jaadu and a few others. LOL

YT has this:

I watched DID, check my previous post :D

Re Tushar/Punit/ JDJ: Yayy you watched! yess, I lovedd Tushar-Ekta's Sita Haran act..ditto to everything you said! It was extremely well choreographed! In general, he has the best choreographed acts of the episode..his choreography is really intricate..and he's so well trained, you can tell..Ekta is weak yeah, but I think he tries to build her confidence by giving her these solo bits every time...imagine, this was her after some improvement..she was less dead zombie here than her first performance.  This guy is super talented yaar! His vision, creativity is amazing. He's the find of JDJ6 for me. LOL

Punit-Lauren's act was really really good too..very creative from Punit's end..to use Paso Doble to show that Mahisashasur-Durga Maa fight.. I'm glad Punit's come into his own as a choreographer..I didn't warm upto him much in DID, but I think he's a far better choreographer and pretty likable otherwise. It helps that Lauren is so great too. Punit's doing a great job with Lauren!

@Anu
Not seen IDS yet. I am getting there. LOL

Edited by chocolover89 - 24 June 2013 at 1:27am

pigbelly4myfeet

roxy22 Groupbie
roxy22
roxy22

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:58am | IP Logged
i feel like thanking u all 4 ths wonderful post. i hav nt bn able to watch epi due to loadshedng bt really hav enjoyed whole post. i am big jai and raghav fan, having both of thm is great. looking 4wd 2 watching the episode.

pigbelly4myfeet

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dance India Dance Super Moms Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index