Dance India Dance Super Moms

India-Forums

Grand Premiere Episode: Plus and minus points. (Page 4)

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by incandescence

Hey Anu!!

I can't say much about today's epi on the whole...didn't watch it (Watched the phateechar dances of JDJ instead...why do all these dancing shows air on the SAME time?!) but I watched Jai's act. It was indeed magical...beautiful...so flawless...so smooth...didn't expect this sort of...flow in the performance from the mummies. Jai must have worked so hard with these mummies to synchronize the whole act the way he did. Superb act!

Will try to catch a repeat to watch Raghav and Prince's acts...

Woah Mash! You here at this time? Isn't it night-time there? Ohh you must be up for Ramazan fasting, right?

LOL yeah I guess DID-JDJ have airtime conflict...main toh usually online dekh leti hoon.

Yeah Jai was amaaazing...goes to show when you give him strong contestants, just how much he can do...this guy is a seriously talented choreographerClapClap...I loved the mixing he did of the song too...beautiful version.

Raghav's act was fun cuz it's RAGHAV...my bias is super blatant when it comes to him, basLOLLOL...I LOVE this guy...he makes me smile on the darkest of days...I think he has a more challenging set of Moms to work with than Jai...I seriously think Jai has lucked out the most with the contestant batch...anyways coming weeks will tell kya hota hai...next week's preview also shows Jai getting a standing ovation for his duet with one of the Moms.

Terence was awesome today too...

No...I'm up aveyin hi...Ramzan has not started yet.

Arey it's an air time conflict 4 shows...DID, JDJ, IDS and II Junior...and they all even REPEAT at the same time. It's hard for me to watch online obviously with no YT and time constraints...though repeat shpeat dekh kar I manage all three dancing shows. II Junior toh I might watch online hi...

Arey I love Raghav too. Chalo good to hear everyone's back to dancing properly and not slacking off because these are mummies...though of course these mummies aren't half as talented as the kids they trained. Kuch innovative karein bhi toh kese...they can play and push the Moms in their comfort zone only...they have to take more risks to show creativity with them. Even in JDJ today I was feeling sorry for all the choreographers...judges asking them to be more creative...I don't claim to know much but these 'celebrities' jumble up such basic steps/poise...innovation ke chakar mein toh gaye kaam se yeh loag...

Ohh...Terrance danced too...tab toh I need to watch it soon.

Edit

Hey Pallo...Yep watching DID too...watched all the auditions. Caught almost all of yesterday's epi...and a single performance from today's...I might not join in the discussions though because I usually watch the complete epis a week later when it repeats. Smile

Edited by incandescence - 23 June 2013 at 4:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 6:31pm | IP Logged

Guys, I wonder if DID is also becoming bipolar...lol

ZAMEEN aasmaan ka farak b/w yesterday's epi and today's...every single complaint I had from yesterday's epi was gone today...there was connect, there was bonding, there was banter...and yes there was dancing.

It's like Terence also came back from whatever Twilight Zone he was in yesterday...not a SINGLE chummeshwari...hallelujah! LOL Man Terence stay this way yaar...this is what we love you for...thoughtful, insightful comments...loved him today.

Raghav moments were lovely...the epi basically had me in the bit where Mithun Daa called him a wonder childClap...LOVED how Terence and Mithun Daa spoke about Raghav today...

Jai's group act today was MAGICAL as Terence rightly described it...best of the lot no doubt...Raghav's comes second for me and he did a good job with his group too...loved the opening bit he did with the cube and the power he's gonna give them...lol...Siddesh's was the most off-sync in my opinion...Prince's group was nice too...that Zoya in his group is adorably innocent...lol...

I actually had a big smile watching today's epi cuz it felt like what DID should be...the DID we tune in to with expectations...really enjoyed it.

Oh P.S. it was hilarious when Raghav tells Zoya that he also found it difficult to fit his style into the mainstream industry here and he told her koi fikar karne ki zaroorat nahin hai, bindaas dance karo...LOLL how adorable is impulsive Raghav trying to coach dusri team ki Mummies? LOL...and then they all started ragging on him ki he should become Grand Master...hahaha

Oh and today they were all making fun of that "Mumtaaza Mumtaaza" comment too by saying "Shah Jahana Shah Jahana" "Agra Agra Agra" in response...lol

P.P.S Did they change something in the group acts? Cuz in the preview for last week they showed a different song on Raghav's group act...the Allah Duhaai one from Race 2...that slap moment...and they showed an aeriel act of Jai with his group too which I don't think they showed this week at all :S...jhol in the editing.

So I watched it, and yep much better episode today! Thank goodness! 

It felt like there was a more natural flow to the episode with the banter and all...not as forced and good that the bonding was also shown today. I think the editing probably makes a big difference too. A lot of times I feel like they edit out Terence's comments because his comments are always so damn short! Unless he's really just trying to keep it short these days.

The episode started off slow again...but like you said I also loved that Mithunda called Raghav a "wonder child"...awww that he is that he is. *nods in agreement* :)

Anyways, DUDE I got so excited when Raghav started his act with that cube!! Reminded me of that "ball of light" move he used to do with his kids!! Remember? You avi-ed it too!! I gotta find that avi...but really that is like SO Raghav. That's him "passing" on the light to his team. Eee so glad he started off his group acts with that! Aww his mummies tried well to do his style. It was hilarious how he was like, "Main apna style bhool chuka hoon ab"...LOL and how the mummies keep asking him to adjust the steps. haha Now that sounds more like the bonding I'd imagine with Raghav and his mummies. I'm sure they love teasing/pestering him a lot since he's basically such a bacha himself. 

And LOL at that "ankhon se fungus' line. Bahaha and Terence was like W*F! Only YOU can say these things. And he went on to explain..."jaisse bread se fungus nikalta hai..."...Oh man...*shakes head*...the thoughts in this guy's head. hahaa

I loved that we got to see that bonding between Terence and his toli wale skippers. Both Jai and Raghav! OMG so heartwarming to see!! Wasn't it? The way when Terence agrees with Jay about Raghav having mellowed down. And the way Terence couldn't help burst out laughing at Raghav's antics...LOL he just knows him so well yaar, it shows. FINALLY we get to see their old bonding again. And I loved how Terence mentioned that Raghav has a big responsibility and a challenge to try to teach these mummies his style. I hope Raghav can bring that improvement in his contestants as the show progresses. 

And even with Jai...it was SOO sweet the way Terence was like Jai is the biggest SRK fan I know. It made me nostalgic about DID 1. That care Terence has for his contestants and getting to know them. And the way he requested him to do something SRK style. And his DDLJ act was ADORABLE!! lol Jai is SO sweet yaar! 

And his choreography is always so lovely...especially these mellow/sweet type acts he does, totally reflects his personality. And OHH I loved that music mix he made too! With the flute sounds. So cool. And the whole Krishna/Gopis idea...this guy's so creative. I love that song too..and his group act really WAS magical. I especially LOVE the way Jai takes into account the TINIEST of beats in his choreography and uses them so well. He has such a good music sense that way. Aww and I have a soft spot for this guy too because he always gets so shortchanged on appreciation. I'm glad at least he has good contestants this time. 

And I really liked Prince's group act too. He just loves doing these Ganesha acts. lol But really, very creative and it was a good act. He also has a challenge with his mummies because none of them have that crispness in their dancing that he has.

Siddesh's was kind of avein. He didn't really bring out that energy of the song I felt. And his dancers also weren't going full out and going off-sync too. That Phulwa lady isn't really impressing me at all so far. Sad. 

Oh yeah the Raghav trying to console that Zoya girl moment. haha Aww. I know, I love this impulsive wala Raghav. Just being himself. haha And he can relate to that too. His style is anything but mainstream too. And that Zoya girl WAS cute with the way she was like, "andar se kuch bhi nikal jaata hai". Aww

See there was so much more connect with the contestants today too. 

What else? Oh yeah from the solos, I thought that Baisakhi girl was the best. And then that girl from Siddesh's team...she was graceful even she wasn't so crisp in her dancing. The Radhika girl didn't really impress me at all. And I missed the solo from Jai's team because that video was cut for me for some reason. 

And oh yeahhh I also LOVED the teasing on that "mumtaaaza" thing! Bahaha because I was also like W*F...with that word. LOL 

And I KNOW right!! Not ONE "chumeshwari" from Terence today! Hallelujah indeed! *high five* to that. haha 

Also WORD on having a big smile watching this episode...TOTALLY felt more like the DID we know. 

Edit: Heya Mash! :) Aww, chalo koi ni, just drop in whenever you can then. I would still love to hear your thoughts. And it was such a nice surprise to see you here today! :)

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 23 June 2013 at 6:31pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

roxy22gilmoresAreYaar

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 7:24pm | IP Logged

WORD on this analysis of the dance showsClapClap...SP ke previous experiments just haven't clicked...and I'll tell you why...the reliance on supposedly "high profile" judges...it just didn't work...Riteish is a NATURAL...Ashley Lobo is the only blahh element in that team...and you're right about the scouts having found better talent this time...the show is a bit similar in theme to those previous talent shows on Colors but they've managed a better mix of talent/judging here...

And I agree that Zee is getting lazy cuz brand DID itself has become so powerful...they think they can show anything and people will lap it up...but they should be careful...maintaining a brand is harder than establishing it...they shouldn't let down the brand...cuz that is what we are all attached to...DID ka level hai ek...

LOL JDJ is too bogged down by channel politics...so it won't get taken seriously...I wish the show was still on Sony...they atleast got a better mix of contestants...ab toh it's a soap opera fest filled with too many TV actors...and if not for Madhuri, I really wouldn't bother much with it...lol

Yess, Riteish is a NATURAL. He's amazingly spontaneous..and Geeta is too..their old equation with each other comes in handy here. Hrithik lacks that connect..he tries too hard. He's well...boring off-screen. In Nach Baliye, they lacked the contestants. Judges toh phir bhi they had roped in Terence (though Sajid and Shilpa were MEH)...but contestants = Sleepy ..and when contestants suck, you lose interest also. Yep Zee totally thinks people will watch anything they show. ..and the TRP's prove it. DID has been leading since it launched and the others like JDJ/IDS are lagging behind. But you said today's episode was good so yayy! :D I guess yesterday was one of those off-days..hopefully they continue on this awesome path. I will always pick DID over the others just because..connect you know :P But yes I totally agree, they should be more careful about all these expansions they do--it almost dilutes the brand name.

Sony was much much much better for JDJ. They had genuine challenges..a good mix of contestants..there wasn't too much politics going on. I feel like Colors tried very hard with this season--on paper their contestants are much better than last season, but they are hung up too much on promoting their own folks..and while I appreciate Remo giving so many opportunities to his dancers, thoda he should be more careful about who he recommends..poor Shweta is bogged down by a terrible choreographer.

Re: JDJ
Same here...I don't get why ppl were picking on Punit there...within his abilities he did a great job...he's obviously not as technically perfect as Lauren but they make a good team...I thought the dancing was very strong and elegant...postures were just BEAUTIFUL... I was taken inDay Dreaming...Lauren is making me a fan of her SINCERITY in dancing...the true passion she has for it that gives her dancing that x-factor. Maybe some of them haven't seen Punit since DID like we have. LOL Punit's contemporary has never been that amazing. I don't know what's "wrong" with it per se, but I haven't really connected to it like I did with Mayuresh/Jai/Shakti. So based on that, I felt like he gave it his best. I don't expect him to outperform Lauren anyways. LOL  Oooh, I had written more for this act, but I lost it all. Ouch I connected to it SO much, I actually felt emotional at the end...Lauren is the most technically trained dancer to have participated as a contestant perhaps ever (probably more trained than some choreographers) , but the way she dances with that FEEL, PASSION for dance sets her apart. Isha had none of this.

omg thank  you...ditto...weird is the word...I was just like thisConfused while watching it...like I did understand the whole shadow/sister concept but I still feel that overall the concept didn't come out as DEEPLY as it should have...they didn't use the music as well...it's such a lovely song and they were breaking it at odd points to do the dialogues...also it felt more acrobatia than contemporary in many ways...I feel nicer poignant steps could have been added in than the bits focussing on showing Ekta's acrobatic ability and pointed toesLOL...aeriel silk bits were beautifully executed though...my fav. part of the act...otherwise story-wise they lost me in b/w..Ditto. I connected in the beginning when he was the shadow and I was like this is going to be great, but then he lost me  when he was running in the back..and falling off the silk (even if it was amazing) ..I didn't understand how that connected to anything lol. Are Anu, bechari kuch toh theek se kar thi hai, ab Tushar usspe bhi focus na kare toh kispe kare? LOL

LOL I forwarded many acts too...even Shaan bored me this week...kids were fine...the usual stuff they do...I watched Salman-Drashti...lol I think everyone is gushing so much cuz Salman is back to doing the routines he was doing with Isha...although I do have to say this act was better than their previous few acts in terms of flow...maybe cuz it wasn't dependent on music much...they had to do poses/routines on the aeriel prop mainlyLOL...last lift was great though no doubt. Yeah sad that she had to go but yeah too many obvious mistakes in the face-off...oh well...I guess Shweta/KVB will be out soon too at this rate...Shweta's attempt at contemporary didn't turn out good this week either...and I'm more than tired of KVB gushing over his lowe for Teejay...spare us, please...KZK ke time se lagaa hua hai...we get it...you are insanely in love with your wife...now please move on and talk something elseLOL
Haha I figured Salman-Dhrashti's act was better this week but I just didn't feel like watching it. LOL hah KVB ..I know..10 years se he's been going on about the same. I don't think Shweta's expecting to last much longer..waise bhi she's getting married now. LOL Next week is prop rounds. I would miss Jai/Terence there.

Humse itni nafrat kyun? LOL Okay Pallo, you can catch up more on Colors ki website then..

http://www.aapkacolors.com/us/
ya phir,

https://www.youtube.com/colors

Yesss Pallo INDIA WON! Itni tension deke jeet hi gaye. Yeh Mahi will be the death of me. Na jaane kisko bowling karnein ko de deta hai...kabhi Joginder Sharma in WC T20 2007 ya aaj Ishant Sharma jo bilku harate haraate jeeta dete hain. LOL Never again am I questioning his decisions though. LOL

But I am TOOO HAPPY FOR THE TEAM! They deserved to win so much...remained unbeaten throughout...and this is such a good confidence booster for them..they'd been doing so badly for a while..BOWLING saved us :D  and...I'm also happy because Mahi has now won just about everything as a captain. Big smile Awww the way he celebrated ...never seen him jump around like that...even in WC he was more controlled...baaki toh he always lets everyone else take the forefront, lead the celebrations while he hangs around in the back...Day Dreaming you guys have to watch the celebrations if nothing else..Virat was going crazy dancing to Gangnam Style ROFL West Indians would be proud..LOL

Now I am off to finish DID..I'm excited with all the praises :D Be back soon :D

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Yesss Pallo INDIA WON! Itni tension deke jeet hi gaye. Yeh Mahi will be the death of me. Na jaane kisko bowling karnein ko de deta hai...kabhi Joginder Sharma in WC T20 2007 ya aaj Ishant Sharma jo bilku harate haraate jeeta dete hain. LOL Never again am I questioning his decisions though. LOL

But I am TOOO HAPPY FOR THE TEAM! They deserved to win so much...remained unbeaten throughout...and this is such a good confidence booster for them..they'd been doing so badly for a while..BOWLING saved us :D  and...I'm also happy because Mahi has now won just about everything as a captain. Big smile Awww the way he celebrated ...never seen him jump around like that...even in WC he was more controlled...baaki toh he always lets everyone else take the forefront, lead the celebrations while he hangs around in the back...Day Dreaming you guys have to watch the celebrations if nothing else..Virat was going crazy dancing to Gangnam Style ROFL West Indians would be proud..LOL

Now I am off to finish DID..I'm excited with all the praises :D Be back soon :D

LOL arey when does India NOT give tension? haha Yeah Dhoni's unpredictable alright. But I feel really happy for him too for winning this. And the whole team of course. 

I didn't actually watch the match though, nor am I super informed about cricket shinanigans. lol I get updates from the men in my family, my dad, bro and grandpa. My dad watched the game so he was updating me but then I went out for a bit in the afternoon and then only found out that India won once I got back. But initially toh ek ke baad ek sab out hoye jaa rahe the. I thought India had lost it though when Dhoni got out with no runs. Seriously, does India love to give us tension or what! It must've been the bowling only that saved us then. And then the stupid rain and all was affecting the game too na? 

So Ishaan Sharma did well then? 

Ohh and do you have any links for those celebration moments? I'd like to watch, if you've got any links saved? If not, I'll hunt around on youtube. 

Yeah yeah, go watch DID and tell us what you thought. Waisse, just to warn you, the dancing still wasn't like unbelievably awesome or anything...just that there were more moments in this episode that made it feel more like a DID episode. And Raghav was once again awesome to watch! :D lol

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmores

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Edit: Ohh nice acts yaar! I liked that Raavan-Sita haran one the best! Even though that girl was super self-conscious and clearly not a dancer. But kudos to that choreographer for giving her such a challenging choreography...both mentally and physically challenging choreography. Clap I just loved the idea itself...and the WAY this mythological aspect was shown. Complete with the arial bit and the end when Raavan's heads appear. I was completely absorbed. And that guy is SUCH an awesome dancer! What postures and grace! Wow!! And what an idea again to mix Odissi and Chau. If only that girl danced just as well, I think this was like a DID type dance! Amazing.

Oh and the Durga Mahishasura one from Punit and Lauren was really well done too. Isn't that Lauren from SYTYCD? She's in India now? lol I liked how she was expressing herself so well, and kudos to her to try an Indian classical form. She's obviously a great dancer technique wise, but really good to see that she was so in character for this dance too. And I loved the idea of using this story for a Paso Doble style. Pretty genius thinking there. Punit's a really creative choreographer. I also always like to see his bonding with his contestants. He's so chill and friendly. lol Even last season his bonding with Shibani was fun to watch. 

Yes these two acts were quite good...me and Himani gushed a lot over Tushar after this act...lol...he's trained in Mayurban Chau and he was the one who trained Sushant-Shampa for their Chau act in JDJ4 too...he's an expert in this dance form...and yes the act was brilliantly choreographed...let down only by Ekta who really can't dance.

I loved the Lauren-Punit one more cuz it was obviously more technically perfect...the idea of puttin in paso doble for a mythology act was superb and they executed it SO well...yes SOTYD waali Lauren is in India now thanks to Remo casting her in his ABCD movie and so she's stayed on it seems to make a career in India...if her dancing on JDJ is anything to go by, she adapts to new styles VERY fast and VERY well...she's adapting to the culture really well too and I'm loving her sincerity in dance.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

No...I'm up aveyin hi...Ramzan has not started yet.

Arey it's an air time conflict 4 shows...DID, JDJ, IDS and II Junior...and they all even REPEAT at the same time. It's hard for me to watch online obviously with no YT and time constraints...though repeat shpeat dekh kar I manage all three dancing shows. II Junior toh I might watch online hi...

Arey I love Raghav too. Chalo good to hear everyone's back to dancing properly and not slacking off because these are mummies...though of course these mummies aren't half as talented as the kids they trained. Kuch innovative karein bhi toh kese...they can play and push the Moms in their comfort zone only...they have to take more risks to show creativity with them. Even in JDJ today I was feeling sorry for all the choreographers...judges asking them to be more creative...I don't claim to know much but these 'celebrities' jumble up such basic steps/poise...innovation ke chakar mein toh gaye kaam se yeh loag...

Ohh...Terrance danced too...tab toh I need to watch it soon.

LOL no Terence didn't dance...I just enjoyed his judging and comments after many days cuz he's been going overboard with those stupid chummeshwaris without reason in recent epis...today it was like watching the REAL Terence after many days.

Yeah it's gonna be a challenge for the skippers to do something with the Mummies...it takes time to train and Mummies ke saath different challenges hain...the kids in LM2 toh were so madly in love with Raghav, he could train them in anything...Mummies ke saath it's deffo more of a challenge for him and it's showing...but Raghav has managed to surprise me before and I hope he does again :-)

JDJ toh is a gimmick-fest yaar...wahaan mujhe expectation hai bhi nahin khaas...but DID se hai...I think out of the skippers as of now, Jai seems to have managed to make his team work the most cohesively as of now...he's the most experienced choreographer out of them too and the only one who's worked with mummies in other shows before...that might work to his advantage too...I remember he was Renuka Shahane's choreo in JDJ3 or 4...

LOL you should alternate b/w IDS and DID agar they air at same time...JDJ toh aevein hai...oh I'm watching Indian Idol Juniors too...high five...lol...
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 9:50pm | IP Logged

The episode started off slow again...but like you said I also loved that Mithunda called Raghav a "wonder child"...awww that he is that he is. *nods in agreement* :)

Anyways, DUDE I got so excited when Raghav started his act with that cube!! Reminded me of that "ball of light" move he used to do with his kids!! Remember? You avi-ed it too!! I gotta find that avi...but really that is like SO Raghav. That's him "passing" on the light to his team. Eee so glad he started off his group acts with that!

LOL I got excited seeing that too...that was my fav. part of the act...Raghav's trying but bechara this time isn't as lucky as he was getting Rohan and Saumya on his team...here's that avi

Aww his mummies tried well to do his style. It was hilarious how he was like, "Main apna style bhool chuka hoon ab"...LOL and how the mummies keep asking him to adjust the steps. haha Now that sounds more like the bonding I'd imagine with Raghav and his mummies. I'm sure they love teasing/pestering him a lot since he's basically such a bacha himself.  Yeah I loved that today the bonding was shown much more...this was sorely missing in yesterday's epi...they should have shown these A/Vs pehle so that we could connect to the contestants...oh well, better late than never...but yeah Raghav imitating the mummies ki Bengali chapad chapad...lol so him...also loved his line about appreciating his own Mummy more after being faced with these mummiesLOL

I loved that we got to see that bonding between Terence and his toli wale skippers. Both Jai and Raghav! OMG so heartwarming to see!! Wasn't it? The way when Terence agrees with Jay about Raghav having mellowed down. And the way Terence couldn't help burst out laughing at Raghav's antics...LOL he just knows him so well yaar, it shows. FINALLY we get to see their old bonding again. And I loved how Terence mentioned that Raghav has a big responsibility and a challenge to try to teach these mummies his style. I hope Raghav can bring that improvement in his contestants as the show progresses. 

And even with Jai...it was SOO sweet the way Terence was like Jai is the biggest SRK fan I know. It made me nostalgic about DID 1. That care Terence has for his contestants and getting to know them. And the way he requested him to do something SRK style. And his DDLJ act was ADORABLE!! lol Jai is SO sweet yaar!  Yep I was also glad to see TKT bonding again...Jai is more subdued but the depth of his bond with Terence still shows I'm glad to see :-) Terence ki goodness keeps it going...and Raghav-Terence toh are on another level with each other...

Little little things in the epi show this guy's good heart...he was the only one getting up and going out of his way to clap for the other acts...Siddesh most of the time sadaa sa muh banaa ke baitha rehta haiConfusedLOL

And I really liked Prince's group act too. He just loves doing these Ganesha acts. lol But really, very creative and it was a good act. He also has a challenge with his mummies because none of them have that crispness in their dancing that he has. Yes, Prince ki mummies aren't being able to keep up with him...he either needs to slow himself down or speed them up real fastLOL

Siddesh's was kind of avein. He didn't really bring out that energy of the song I felt. And his dancers also weren't going full out and going off-sync too. That Phulwa lady isn't really impressing me at all so far. Sad. 

Oh yeah the Raghav trying to console that Zoya girl moment. haha Aww. I know, I love this impulsive wala Raghav. Just being himself. haha And he can relate to that too. His style is anything but mainstream too. And that Zoya girl WAS cute with the way she was like, "andar se kuch bhi nikal jaata hai". Aww

See there was so much more connect with the contestants today too. Eggjactly why I enjoyed the epi.

What else? Oh yeah from the solos, I thought that Baisakhi girl was the best. And then that girl from Siddesh's team...she was graceful even she wasn't so crisp in her dancing. The Radhika girl didn't really impress me at all. And I missed the solo from Jai's team because that video was cut for me for some reason.  Yes, Baisakhi's solo was the best of the four...Radhika lacks clarity in her dancing...From Jai's team, it was Manupriya who did a contemporary routine...the same lady who's story was shown in yesterday's epi...the one who's son was taken from her...she was good but I feel thodi gadbad ho rahi thi act mein...anyways no eliminations today so everyone's happy...lol

And oh yeahhh I also LOVED the teasing on that "mumtaaaza" thing! Bahaha because I was also like W*F...with that word. LOL  I also died laughing in the bit where Marzi translated "down to earth" as "Jameen pe letna"LOL...and Terence on the other end so sincerely trying to tell that girl that it means saadgi, humility...awwLOL

Edited by AreYaar - 23 June 2013 at 9:58pm

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:03pm | IP Logged

Edit: Ohh nice acts yaar! I liked that Raavan-Sita haran one the best! Even though that girl was super self-conscious and clearly not a dancer. But kudos to that choreographer for giving her such a challenging choreography...both mentally and physically challenging choreography. Clap I just loved the idea itself...and the WAY this mythological aspect was shown. Complete with the arial bit and the end when Raavan's heads appear. I was completely absorbed. And that guy is SUCH an awesome dancer! What postures and grace! Wow!! And what an idea again to mix Odissi and Chau. If only that girl danced just as well, I think this was like a DID type dance! Amazing.

Oh and the Durga Mahishasura one from Punit and Lauren was really well done too. Isn't that Lauren from SYTYCD? She's in India now? lol I liked how she was expressing herself so well, and kudos to her to try an Indian classical form. She's obviously a great dancer technique wise, but really good to see that she was so in character for this dance too. And I loved the idea of using this story for a Paso Doble style. Pretty genius thinking there. Punit's a really creative choreographer. I also always like to see his bonding with his contestants. He's so chill and friendly. lol Even last season his bonding with Shibani was fun to watch. 

Yes these two acts were quite good...me and Himani gushed a lot over Tushar after this act...lol...he's trained in Mayurban Chau and he was the one who trained Sushant-Shampa for their Chau act in JDJ4 too...he's an expert in this dance form...and yes the act was brilliantly choreographed...let down only by Ekta who really can't dance.

I loved the Lauren-Punit one more cuz it was obviously more technically perfect...the idea of puttin in paso doble for a mythology act was superb and they executed it SO well...yes SOTYD waali Lauren is in India now thanks to Remo casting her in his ABCD movie and so she's stayed on it seems to make a career in India...if her dancing on JDJ is anything to go by, she adapts to new styles VERY fast and VERY well...she's adapting to the culture really well too and I'm loving her sincerity in dance.

I toh enjoyed the Tushar one more because yaar this guy dances SO well. What grace he has! And I thought that from a storytelling point of view...and even the actual dance STEPS in terms of chau and all this was better. I thought that this act had more scope in terms of showing those layers in the choreography. I mean, the ups and downs with the music and showing those highs and lows. That desperation of Sita and Raavan's growing evil powers. That build up was really well done I thought. I couldn't even take my eyes off from this guy..he was just FLOWING so well. I enjoyed it despite the girl bringing down the act by a lot. 

Punit's act didn't have as much scope for those kinds of emotional layers because it was all about the anger only...and showing the killing of Mahishasura.  But even so, the dramatics were done really well in this act too. I just personally enjoyed the ups and downs and the build up of that Raavan-Sita act more. Don't know if this makes sense only in my head though...

But yeah the idea of Punit's act blew me away too and to show this aspect of mythology via paso doble...really genius. And yes, of course like you said the dancing was much more technically sound in this one. And yes Lauren was amazing with the way she was able to draw that energy/power as Durga and show that krodh. Because that must be so challenging...to be able to keep that kind of energy MENTALLY...and physically...and then still do classical Indian stuff and keep your postures/grace/balance etc. Pretty demanding. Especially since she is not even Indian...and this was SUCH an Indian/cultural performance. To be able to get into that character and REALLY do full justice to those emotions was just so impressive. 

Oh so she's in ABCD? Cool..I still have to watch that movie too. But yeah she does seem so sincere. I love her passion towards dance in general, and like you said she seems to have this drive to learn new styles. 

So I saw the Lauren-Punit act from this week too. The only thing I saw from JDJ. And it was REALLY good! I loved Punit's choreography on this song...especially that "andhera" bit when it goes all dark and then when the light comes back on, Lauren is right next to her 'dad', i.e. Punit. Even that one bit where Lauren sort of touches Punit's feet (while dancing) and gets his blessing. Really nice touches in the performance, and once again Lauren performed with SO much feel! I mean, she's definitely a great dancer technically, but the fact that she gives her ALL to her performances...so much sincerity, that's what makes me drawn to her performances. That genuine factor is what makes me connect with her dancing. I'm so glad Punit got such a great contestant this time. I'm looking forward to watching their acts now. 

Edit: Oh and sorry I missed this earlier...but woahh...that Tushar dude helped Shampa for that chau act of hers and Sushant's? Coolll...that act still remains my most favourite of Sushant-Shampa's performances! No wonder this guy was so amazing. His training really shows. He just FLOWS in this dance form yaar. It's such a treat to watch him perform. 

Edit: I just started watching IDS...yesterday's episode...and bahahah Geeta and Riteish are cracking me up already. What nautanki these two are doing! LOL Geeta carrying on her maa act is just hilarious! I gotta watch more of this. hahaa 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 23 June 2013 at 10:09pm

gilmoresAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dance India Dance Super Moms Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index