Dance India Dance Super Moms

India-Forums

Grand Premiere Episode: Plus and minus points. (Page 3)

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Edit: OMG-osh yaar Madhuri looks so breathtakingly gorgeous in this performance! *sigh* What grace and adaa this woman has. Timeless charmer she is. And wow watching Pandit Birju Maharaj in action was such a treat too. Especially the way he was talking about seeing dance in nature/prakriti. And the way he showed those chidiya moments. What an artist. Clap  So nice to hear his own thoughts and his vision towards his art. 

Oh and I see the link you gave me..that account also has a lot of other performances...found the IBD Raghav performance too so I'll watch it there now. Is this your account only? Since this person has like all of our favourite type performances uploaded. :P haha Would not surprise me is all I'm saying. :P lol

LOL yeah it's my account only...I upload stuff there that YT blocks worldwide otherwise thanks to Colors being a loser.

I loved that chidiya bit from Pandit Birju Maharaj too...there was pure love of art/kalaa in that segment so I wanted to upload the whole thing.

*Edit: Yeah I saw KPC and loved it too...lol you squish so much stuff into one post, Himani...it's hard to focus and reply...and you never drop in a line when you watch something...woh discussion ka josh chala jaata hai by then...KPC is like months old news for me nowLOL...I really enjoyed YJHD too. As of now I'm looking forward to Lootera.

@Himani: Did you watch Lauren-Punit's yesterday's act? I LOVED it...superb choreography and they danced so well...Lauren dances from the heart...I love the emotional connect she brings in along with the technical expertise that she has...the flow of the performance was beautiful.

You guys are totally making me want to watch IBD now man! I'm totally going to catch up on this soon! 

Oh so that is your account? Awesome! I'm going to be watching all these things bit by bit. *excited muh*

LOL and oh sorry for all my randomness in one post yaar. Embarrassed I haven't talked to you in so long na...isiliye just bak baking whatever pops into my head. Oh I toh just recently watched all these movies in one go too na! I just acquired a whole bunch of pirated DVD's so I've been watching them bit by bit over the summer. But oh you loved KPC too? Awesome!! Sushant was so good na? I felt so proud! LOL I love the music too. And the ending just made the movie for me. I even saw this other movie...Aashiqui 2...I thought it was going to be some flop type movie...but I actually really liked it. I felt so much watching that movie...which is a feat in itself when there's so much these days that just leaves you feeling nothing when you watch it. So to watch something and feel a splurge of emotions...actually be absorbed in the story/feel for the characters is just an amazing experience of watching a movie. And the music of that movie was so soulful and melodious too. Yeah YJHD was entertaining for sure. lol And getting to watch Madhuri dance yet again there. *sigh*. lol I can never get tired of watching this lady perform. 

Ok there I go again with my randomness...ok I'll be back later I have to head out now. But yay for renuions!! haha *group huggg* 

Edit: Oh and please! You guys and your stupid predictions about when I'd show up. :P On one hand I feel dumb for being this predictable...lol and then on the other hand all warm and fuzzy from you guys knowing me so well! haha :P 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 23 June 2013 at 12:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
God. I just lost my entire freaking reply. asdfghjkl. Anyways please excuse me, I am watching India vs England Champions Trophy final and it's getting exciting :D

Anu, hah you were right. Pallo had to show up LOL

Re: IDS
I missed yesterday's episode. But I think SP has finally got everything right. They had good talent scouts. They picked good contestants..Riteish-Geeta are hilarious together. They have great camaraderie with the guests also. Ravi is a great host too. This is a much much better show than that borefest Just dance.

Vidya was on JDJ today too..and her Ooh lala and Lzy Lad with Madhuri was fun, but she was something else on IDS yaar.

Zee is lazy I feel now. They get great TRP's with DID regardless. Its too big a brand now. Colors tries so hard with JDJ but poor them..always so far behind DID on TRP race.

Re: JDJ
Anu I did watch JDJ..Lauren-Punit's act was best. Lauren dances with so much feel, so much heart...it's hard to not like her. Yeah its unfair, but it is what it is...I loveddd the act, the choreography..I almost teared up too. I thought Punit was pretty good too with his contemporary for once. Normally I don't like him..yes he's not on the same level as Lauren but he did well. Waise..I think only Tushar can match Lauren's contemporary on that stage..

Tushar-Ekta's act was nice too but a little...weird. Concept was great..starting was amazing...I love this guy's creativity..I would think he would dress up as her sister or something but acting like a shadow was so awesome.. Silk portions were very very good too..par I got kinda confused in the middle with what was going on.

The rest were fine..hit and miss types. I didn't LOVE anything else much. Kids are getting repetitive. I skipped Salman-Dharshti..though that last lift of hers looked great.

Sad to see Meghna go, but sadly the mistakes in her face-off made it an easy decision =/

Anu..do you still have links to Tushar's Sita hraran act from last week? I wanted to show Pallo, but all the links I find are removed or "unavailable in my region" Disapprove

oh and big hug to both of you guys Hug

..okay I will reply to whatever else I missed later. LOL

Edited by chocolover89 - 23 June 2013 at 12:58pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

You guys are totally making me want to watch IBD now man! I'm totally going to catch up on this soon!  I think you mean IDS...IBD toh woh draamebaaz wala show haiLOLLOL Yep watch it...I think  you'll enjoy it.

Oh so that is your account? Awesome! I'm going to be watching all these things bit by bit. *excited muh*

LOL and oh sorry for all my randomness in one post yaar. Embarrassed I haven't talked to you in so long na...isiliye just bak baking whatever pops into my head. Oh I toh just recently watched all these movies in one go too na! I just acquired a whole bunch of pirated DVD's so I've been watching them bit by bit over the summer. But oh you loved KPC too? Awesome!! Sushant was so good na? I felt so proud! LOL I love the music too. And the ending just made the movie for me. I even saw this other movie...Aashiqui 2...I thought it was going to be some flop type movie...but I actually really liked it. I felt so much watching that movie...which is a feat in itself when there's so much these days that just leaves you feeling nothing when you watch it. So to watch something and feel a splurge of emotions...actually be absorbed in the story/feel for the characters is just an amazing experience of watching a movie. And the music of that movie was so soulful and melodious too. Yeah YJHD was entertaining for sure. lol And getting to watch Madhuri dance yet again there. *sigh*. lol I can never get tired of watching this lady perform.  LOL I can understand...it's the summer movie marathon for you naa?LOL

Arey KPC toh I watched first day it came out in the theaters...and yeah I had a proud grin on my face watching Sushant's name in the opening credits...he did a fab job...overall movie only was so superb...I posted one long review in the bolly forum thread after I watched it.

I loved Aashiqui 2 as well...I hadn't expected to but it really touched me and yes word on the fact ki aajkal if a movie manages to absorb you as a whole and you don't lose patience after the first 20 minutes, it's a FEATLOL...YJHD also surprised cuz I expected it to be typical...but I feel it had soul and depth in it's take on relationships...especially the friendships b/w the main trio of Avi-Aditi-Bunny...DP did a good job especially in the first half as Chashmish Naina...most of my fav. scenes are in the first half...second half was more KJo-ish with random sangeet song dance sequences.

Ok there I go again with my randomness...ok I'll be back later I have to head out now. But yay for renuions!! haha *group huggg* 

Edit: Oh and please! You guys and your stupid predictions about when I'd show up. :P On one hand I feel dumb for being this predictable...lol and then on the other hand all warm and fuzzy from you guys knowing me so well! haha :P  LOL you can't resist DID, Pallo...just admit itTongueLOL...and actually DID se pehle, you can't resist DANCE...lol...baaki other stuff keeps you busy and all but I think dance and in particular the people who's dancing you connect to pull you back...which happens to be Terence and Raghav and we can only hope that kuch dhang ka happens in the coming weeks cuz dancing level wise otherwise the show is not upto mark.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Re: IDS
I missed yesterday's episode. But I think SP has finally got everything right. They had good talent scouts. They picked good contestants..Riteish-Geeta are hilarious together. They have great camaraderie with the guests also. Ravi is a great host too. This is a much much better show than that borefest Just dance.

Vidya was on JDJ today too..and her Ooh lala and Lzy Lad with Madhuri was fun, but she was something else on IDS yaar.

Zee is lazy I feel now. They get great TRP's with DID regardless. Its too big a brand now. Colors tries so hard with JDJ but poor them..always so far behind DID on TRP race.  WORD on this analysis of the dance showsClapClap...SP ke previous experiments just haven't clicked...and I'll tell you why...the reliance on supposedly "high profile" judges...it just didn't work...Riteish is a NATURAL...Ashley Lobo is the only blahh element in that team...and you're right about the scouts having found better talent this time...the show is a bit similar in theme to those previous talent shows on Colors but they've managed a better mix of talent/judging here...

And I agree that Zee is getting lazy cuz brand DID itself has become so powerful...they think they can show anything and people will lap it up...but they should be careful...maintaining a brand is harder than establishing it...they shouldn't let down the brand...cuz that is what we are all attached to...DID ka level hai ek...

LOL JDJ is too bogged down by channel politics...so it won't get taken seriously...I wish the show was still on Sony...they atleast got a better mix of contestants...ab toh it's a soap opera fest filled with too many TV actors...and if not for Madhuri, I really wouldn't bother much with it...lol

Re: JDJ
Anu I did watch JDJ..Lauren-Punit's act was best. Lauren dances with so much feel, so much heart...it's hard to not like her. Yeah its unfair, but it is what it is...I loveddd the act, the choreography..I almost teared up too. I thought Punit was pretty good too with his contemporary for once. Normally I don't like him..yes he's not on the same level as Lauren but he did well. Waise..I think only Tushar can match Lauren's contemporary on that stage.. Same here...I don't get why ppl were picking on Punit there...within his abilities he did a great job...he's obviously not as technically perfect as Lauren but they make a good team...I thought the dancing was very strong and elegant...postures were just BEAUTIFUL... I was taken inDay Dreaming...Lauren is making me a fan of her SINCERITY in dancing...the true passion she has for it that gives her dancing that x-factor.

Tushar-Ekta's act was nice too but a little...weird. Concept was great..starting was amazing...I love this guy's creativity..I would think he would dress up as her sister or something but acting like a shadow was so awesome.. Silk portions were very very good too..par I got kinda confused in the middle with what was going on. omg thank  you...ditto...weird is the word...I was just like thisConfused while watching it...like I did understand the whole shadow/sister concept but I still feel that overall the concept didn't come out as DEEPLY as it should have...they didn't use the music as well...it's such a lovely song and they were breaking it at odd points to do the dialogues...also it felt more acrobatia than contemporary in many ways...I feel nicer poignant steps could have been added in than the bits focussing on showing Ekta's acrobatic ability and pointed toesLOL...aeriel silk bits were beautifully executed though...my fav. part of the act...otherwise story-wise they lost me in b/w

The rest were fine..hit and miss types. I didn't LOVE anything else much. Kids are getting repetitive. I skipped Salman-Dharshti..though that last lift of hers looked great.  LOL I forwarded many acts too...even Shaan bored me this week...kids were fine...the usual stuff they do...I watched Salman-Drashti...lol I think everyone is gushing so much cuz Salman is back to doing the routines he was doing with Isha...although I do have to say this act was better than their previous few acts in terms of flow...maybe cuz it wasn't dependent on music much...they had to do poses/routines on the aeriel prop mainlyLOL...last lift was great though no doubt.

Sad to see Meghna go, but sadly the mistakes in her face-off made it an easy decision =/  Yeah sad that she had to go but yeah too many obvious mistakes in the face-off...oh well...I guess Shweta/KVB will be out soon too at this rate...Shweta's attempt at contemporary didn't turn out good this week either...and I'm more than tired of KVB gushing over his lowe for Teejay...spare us, please...KZK ke time se lagaa hua hai...we get it...you are insanely in love with your wife...now please move on and talk something elseLOL

Anu..do you still have links to Tushar's Sita hraran act from last week? I wanted to show Pallo, but all the links I find are removed or "unavailable in my region" Disapprove

Colors only hates U.S. waaleLOL...she's Canadian...the links will work for her I think...

Pallo, watch these two acts

Lauren-Punit

Ekta-Tushar

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetincandescencegilmores

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Guys, I wonder if DID is also becoming bipolar...lol

ZAMEEN aasmaan ka farak b/w yesterday's epi and today's...every single complaint I had from yesterday's epi was gone today...there was connect, there was bonding, there was banter...and yes there was dancing.

It's like Terence also came back from whatever Twilight Zone he was in yesterday...not a SINGLE chummeshwari...hallelujah! LOL Man Terence stay this way yaar...this is what we love you for...thoughtful, insightful comments...loved him today.

Raghav moments were lovely...the epi basically had me in the bit where Mithun Daa called him a wonder childClap...LOVED how Terence and Mithun Daa spoke about Raghav today...

Jai's group act today was MAGICAL as Terence rightly described it...best of the lot no doubt...Raghav's comes second for me and he did a good job with his group too...loved the opening bit he did with the cube and the power he's gonna give them...lol...Siddesh's was the most off-sync in my opinion...Prince's group was nice too...that Zoya in his group is adorably innocent...lol...

I actually had a big smile watching today's epi cuz it felt like what DID should be...the DID we tune in to with expectations...really enjoyed it.

Oh P.S. it was hilarious when Raghav tells Zoya that he also found it difficult to fit his style into the mainstream industry here and he told her koi fikar karne ki zaroorat nahin hai, bindaas dance karo...LOLL how adorable is impulsive Raghav trying to coach dusri team ki Mummies? LOL...and then they all started ragging on him ki he should become Grand Master...hahaha

Oh and today they were all making fun of that "Mumtaaza Mumtaaza" comment too by saying "Shah Jahana Shah Jahana" "Agra Agra Agra" in response...lol

P.P.S Did they change something in the group acts? Cuz in the preview for last week they showed a different song on Raghav's group act...the Allah Duhaai one from Race 2...that slap moment...and they showed an aeriel act of Jai with his group too which I don't think they showed this week at all :S...jhol in the editing.

Edited by AreYaar - 23 June 2013 at 3:01pm

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Jai's group act today was MAGICAL as Terence rightly described it...best of the lot no doubt...Raghav's comes second for me and he did a good job with his group too...loved the opening bit he did with the cube and the power he's gonna give them...lol...Siddesh's was the most off-sync in my opinion...Prince's group was nice too...that Zoya in his group is adorably innocent...lol...

Hey Anu!!

I can't say much about today's epi on the whole...didn't watch it (Watched the phateechar dances of JDJ instead...why do all these dancing shows air on the SAME time?!) but I watched Jai's act. It was indeed magical...beautiful...so flawless...so smooth...didn't expect this sort of...flow in the performance from the mummies. Jai must have worked so hard with these mummies to synchronize the whole act the way he did. Superb act!

Will try to catch a repeat to watch Raghav and Prince's acts...

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Hey Anu!!

I can't say much about today's epi on the whole...didn't watch it (Watched the phateechar dances of JDJ instead...why do all these dancing shows air on the SAME time?!) but I watched Jai's act. It was indeed magical...beautiful...so flawless...so smooth...didn't expect this sort of...flow in the performance from the mummies. Jai must have worked so hard with these mummies to synchronize the whole act the way he did. Superb act!

Will try to catch a repeat to watch Raghav and Prince's acts...

Woah Mash! You here at this time? Isn't it night-time there? Ohh you must be up for Ramazan fasting, right?

LOL yeah I guess DID-JDJ have airtime conflict...main toh usually online dekh leti hoon.

Yeah Jai was amaaazing...goes to show when you give him strong contestants, just how much he can do...this guy is a seriously talented choreographerClapClap...I loved the mixing he did of the song too...beautiful version.

Raghav's act was fun cuz it's RAGHAV...my bias is super blatant when it comes to him, basLOLLOL...I LOVE this guy...he makes me smile on the darkest of days...I think he has a more challenging set of Moms to work with than Jai...I seriously think Jai has lucked out the most with the contestant batch...anyways coming weeks will tell kya hota hai...next week's preview also shows Jai getting a standing ovation for his duet with one of the Moms.

Terence was awesome today too...

Edited by AreYaar - 23 June 2013 at 4:03pm

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
OYEE Look who else is here now!! Mashhh!!! Hug Woah yaar haven't talked to you in forever too! Hope you're doing well. Come join us na? You're watching DID too? 

Oh YAY SO excited to watch today's DID now! Thanks for the update Anu! Wohoo for DID's bipolar-ness. Thank God Terence is back!  And ok ok I know, I admit it..I can't resist DID/dance! Embarrassed Aww tussi mainu inni achi tarah jande ho. Blushing *melts* Good thing we have these dance reality shows to keep us talking though. lol

WORD on all three movies too. Yeah KPC toh was definitely the best of the lot, so far. It was really quite genius. Especially the ending and the tension in that moment. I liked how the whole political angle was used in such a subtle way too. It wasn't enforced in, in an OTT way. The main story was still about the three characters...it was just so situational. A well told story for sure. Good for Sushant man. Hope he continues to do such good stuff. :)

Yeah I was really surprised with YJHD and Aashiqui 2 too. YJHD toh I was going to watch no matter what, one of those mainstream must watch movies. lol But I was surprised with the amount of depth thrown in too. And I really liked Kalki's character and even that guy who was in Aashiqui 2 too...dude's such a good actor! lol And he's just so endearing in a way...like the during that drunk game scene in that train...the way he kept going, "roz roz"...haha. Just the WAY that dude said stuff and his body language and all...really endearing. Even in Aashiqui he was so good, really made me feel for his character. And yeah the fact that I was engaged in the movie from start to end! That's def. a feat. Oh and I watched Cocktail too...maha BAKWAS movie! Not ONE genuine emotion, characterization or ANYTHING really...not even entertainment. DP was so much better in YJHD. Also watched Go Goa Gone...lol it was entertaining...not much story but it did crack me up many times. Saif also SO much more tolerable in this one than the dumb Cocktail. Yeah...that's all I've watched so far. lol Summer movie marathon indeed. 

Ok so thanks for posting those links...will edit my post after I watch those! :D

Edit: Ohh nice acts yaar! I liked that Raavan-Sita haran one the best! Even though that girl was super self-conscious and clearly not a dancer. But kudos to that choreographer for giving her such a challenging choreography...both mentally and physically challenging choreography. Clap I just loved the idea itself...and the WAY this mythological aspect was shown. Complete with the arial bit and the end when Raavan's heads appear. I was completely absorbed. And that guy is SUCH an awesome dancer! What postures and grace! Wow!! And what an idea again to mix Odissi and Chau. If only that girl danced just as well, I think this was like a DID type dance! Amazing.

Oh and the Durga Mahishasura one from Punit and Lauren was really well done too. Isn't that Lauren from SYTYCD? She's in India now? lol I liked how she was expressing herself so well, and kudos to her to try an Indian classical form. She's obviously a great dancer technique wise, but really good to see that she was so in character for this dance too. And I loved the idea of using this story for a Paso Doble style. Pretty genius thinking there. Punit's a really creative choreographer. I also always like to see his bonding with his contestants. He's so chill and friendly. lol Even last season his bonding with Shibani was fun to watch. 

Ok I'm off to watch DID now..

OH and Edit: Himani dude India won!!!! YAYYY!!! :D :D 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 23 June 2013 at 4:34pm

gilmoresAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dance India Dance Super Moms Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index