Inspired much: JDJ, Salman & Tushar

unlimited_craze thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
The concept of JDJ by itself is inspired form Dancing with the stars..an Indianised version..

Looks like the inspiration doesn't end there..
The choreographers have sought inspiration form international shows, a few from other Indian dance shows..their own past acts as well

Salman: his second act this season, on OCD..the concept of the bed was inspired from 'so you think you can dance twitch and kherington's one', not saying the steps are lifted per se, but the idea isnt unique..He himself has a done a similar act on domestic violence with Yana on season 4.

Tushar: His fusion performance last week was a class act. There is no denying that he is the most versatile and the best dancer amongst all the choreographers. Indian dance forms, no one beats him.even in most International forms save contemporary. But today's choreography was not so great. The conceptualisation was pretty good but the steps in the start were uncannily similar to the ones seen in Nach Baliye Shriman vs Shrimati act of Shefali and Dimpy which is disappointing to know.
Besides, considering he aces in Indian forms, I wonder why he opted for contemporary in three out of four performances.

So yeah..for all their talents, the two of the most prolific choreographers in JDJ are not so original are all

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MsFoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Dometic violence and ocd are different cases ... but hang on kisko im samjhaoing here... Coming to the bed ... so wat if he used the same kind of bed ...his steps were different ..his lifts were different ... Overall concept was different ... he must be inspired from the bed thing im not denying it at all ... Renovating ur own ideas is way bettr than stealing the full concept and half of the choreography ... I thought i was the only one who noticed tushar was a big let down last night and this was his like 4TH act as a choreographer ?and he is also doing just contemporary only if i exclude that one week of chau n oddisi !

I dnt know why salman is being compared with tushar all the time? He have done some exceptional work of his OWN in season 4 and 5 ...

P.S I AM A FANGIRL OF SALMAN ! so i hope nobdy will quote me just to say that !

Originally posted by: ..SalmanGirl..

Dometic violence and ocd are different cases ... but hang on kisko im samjhaoing here... Coming to the bed ... so wat if he used the same kind of bed ...his steps were different ..his lifts were different ... Overall concept was different ... he must be inspired from the bed thing im not denying it at all ... Renovating ur own ideas is way bettr than stealing the full concept and half of the choreography ... I thought i was the only one who noticed tushar was a big let down last night and this was his like 4TH act as a choreographer ?and he is also doing just contemporary only if i exclude that one week of chau n oddisi !

I dnt know why salman is being compared with tushar all the time? He have done some exceptional work of his OWN in season 4 and 5 ...

P.S I AM A FANGIRL OF SALMAN ! so i hope nobdy will quote me just to say that !

First up your PS: I have absolutely no issues with that..You are a fangirl of Salman..nothing wrong with that 😊

Secondly I am not comparing Salman with Tushar, just mentioning the two in the same post as the topic was common to both

I agree domestic violence and OCD are diferent but the whole thing loked similar..I agree there were new steps like the flip but this is just my opinion

Comin to Tushar, I was very disappointed with today's act after the fusion one last week..I got to agree with you here, just 4th act as choreographer as already doing stuff which we have seen elsewhere instead of focussing on his own strength

-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have liked Salman's work in the previous seasons. It seems lacking in this one. As for me, I'm loving Tushar's work. Yes, I too believe that he and many other choreographers here should get out of the contemporary craze that has gripped them and try out other dance forms.
I don't feel taking inspiration from an idea is wrong as long as the steps the chreographer puts in are 100% his own work. Sadly, many performances I've seen on Indian dance shows are exact copies of dances from other shows and that I feel is a major let down and shouldn't happen.

disappointilng to say that the show has become Comedy/ Chichorpan ki jhalak dikhlaja instead of DANCE ki jhalak dikhlaja more.

Originally posted by: -WhisperMahi-

I have liked Salman's work in the previous seasons. It seems lacking in this one. As for me, I'm loving Tushar's work. Yes, I too believe that he and many other choreographers here should get out of the contemporary craze that has gripped them and try out other dance forms.
I don't feel taking inspiration from an idea is wrong as long as the steps the chreographer puts in are 100% his own work. Sadly, many performances I've seen on Indian dance shows are exact copies of dances from other shows and that I feel is a major let down and shouldn't happen.

disappointilng to say that the show has become Comedy/ Chichorpan ki jhalak dikhlaja instead of DANCE ki jhalak dikhlaja more.

@Bold: precisely the reason for disappointment with Tushar today..the first bit was straight out of Nach Baliye (who now I am begining to think must have lifted it from somewhere else)..
I am enjoying Tushar too..was floored by the last performance but today was a big let down
-AD- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agree with Ur post 👏
Salman was fab in previous season But now  his choreography lacks versatility. 😊
MsFoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: unlimited_craze

First up your PS: I have absolutely no issues with that..You are a fangirl of Salman..nothing wrong with that 😊

Secondly I am not comparing Salman with Tushar, just mentioning the two in the same post as the topic was common to both

I agree domestic violence and OCD are diferent but the whole thing loked similar..I agree there were new steps like the flip but this is just my opinion

Comin to Tushar, I was very disappointed with today's act after the fusion one last week..I got to agree with you here, just 4th act as choreographer as already doing stuff which we have seen elsewhere instead of focussing on his own strength

😆 PS part wasnt for you but here for some people being somebdy's ardent fans means u have no life ...coming to salman as far as i remember in season 4 and 5 he have done from rumba to waltz ...from kalaripayattu to bollywood...from jazz pop to hip hop ...Semi classical...contemporary...paso doble...aerial...and wat not ..and people questioning his versatality is beyond my logic 😆 .this year also he have tried waltz and contemporary + argentine tango ...i know he needs to show some varities like he did in season 4 ...but lets c its just the 4th week ...and most important thing salman always chooses his own concept ..he may get inspired for littile things like u said the prop i.e the bed ...but

wat tushar did is called copy pasting ...  😳 everybdy praising him for his oh so shadow act which was copied? 😕
Lola13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
the second performance by Tushar was veryyy inspired by a sytycd perf.. and everyone was going gaga over it..  😆 

Originally posted by: Aaditya01

Agree with Ur post 👏

Salman was fab in previous season But now  his choreography lacks versatility. 😊

thanks for agreeing

Turns out its not just Salman who definitely needs to bring versatility but Tushar needs to be original aswell except in case of Indian dance forms 😊
-Pj- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
For me, as long as the steps are not pretty much the same I don't mind. I wouldn't mind one step here and there as creative people you do magpie (steal) little bits, but you have to make it your own.

On Salman his DV act with Drishti was a concept he did with Yans. However, after I watch Yana's one I would say that the inner concept was different in the two.

Now that you have mentioned the nach baliye performance I see the resemblance.