India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Mallika

mudraswathi IF-Stunnerz
mudraswathi
mudraswathi

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Mallika is the second superb character creation of KPji. The first one is obviously Ashutosh.

Then, why I am writing about the Second character and not the first??? Answer is simple... There are FFs after FFs, OSs after OSs and reviews after reviews written to fathom his layered characterization... I dont want to repeat any them... except to mention the KPji's extraordinary  skills in creating an out of box character, who is not-larger-than-life , not-a-happy-go-lucky and most importantly not-a man in-prime-youth.

lets .

Mallika is the example of a common female... who hides her weak-mind behind the facade. Life has not been easy for her. She was the support for her siblings when she lost her parents.

One would argue, this makes one stubborn and strong... But it is not everywhere... The discipline and sincerity at work are her forte. She is strong and stubborn in this area to hide her emotional dependency. This must have come from fears of insecurity or the responsibilities or the hardships she underwent at an young age. Her emotional dependency is well shown in waiting for Ashutosh for a long period. Fear of not opening  up, lack of ability to make friends (due to her self-doubting) gave a wrong opinion about her to others.

One may ask, whether she would have had a happier life if Ashutosh married her... probably yes... because, she knows that Ashutosh is her emotional anchor... and she never bothered the fact that Ashutosh never wanted to marry her till Nidhi came into the picture... It was a completely helpless situation when she felt the tremors under her feet... In such a situation, she found the straw to keep her hopes up -Suhasini ...

Should we blame Mallika for her wrong doings???... may be yes...because, she is a grown up and supposedly she should have read the world well... again, the second question comes to us, why didnot she leave Ashutosh for Nidhi and remained as a good friend??? The answer is simple.. she is not sure... she never built her confidence based on her career or the wealth... being  completely and hopelessly weak, she pushed herself to the threshold of danger of losing  her life (committing suicide ) and spend all her money on the worth less house...

In some ordinary conditions, a female would have taken revenge on Ashutosh for refusing her. But Mallika never tried that... She helped Ashutosh from an angry mob over a case in the hospital.

The misfortune was with her  and she turned a complete psychic case, when she was betrayed by Jagan... she learnt her lessons of self-recover, mental stability and accepting the truth of life in a very hard way.. Finally, the life of her own baby gave her the hope and emotional anchorage.

At an objective level, I may never appreciate Mallika, but I always pity a female who could not take up a right decision for her own life, when the world went wrong with her.

In my opinion, Mallika should never be compared with any of the other female antagonists on the block. I salute the actress for her convincing action as Mallika.

Edited by mudraswathi - 23 June 2013 at 5:18am

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

AISHUMAkritika4everariyadasaLuvRanJibc123456hkp11lee_Ashnishobha21deepaligupta197gargpooBhavi03Anjani9Veni-Vidi-Viciaardhansuku_07Suvika.ttrocksJusticeDenied17

JusticeDenied17 IF-Addictz
JusticeDenied17
JusticeDenied17

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
A great analysis by an equally great admirer.

Very aptly summed up.. Hats off to Rukhsar Rehman who played the character to the T.

Phone battery does not allow me to write anymore. And I don't want to make anymore reservations.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mudraswathi

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Lovely post Mudraji!! Clap

You still awake? It must be 4:10 am there.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kritika4everlee_Ashnimudraswathi

JusticeDenied17 IF-Addictz
JusticeDenied17
JusticeDenied17

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ttrocks

Lovely post Mudraji!! Clap

You still awake? It must be 4:10 am there.

Teacherji lives on the UK.. It midnight there.

mudraswathi

hkp11 IF-Rockerz
hkp11
hkp11

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Awesome analysis of Mallika's character Mudra!  ClapClapClap 

If Rukhsar's character had not turned into a psycho for ratings, it would have been better.   The CVs  flaws were that they did not develop most of the characters enough and use them to tell proper storylines & sub plots.   Mallika could have been shown to start to accept Ashu's love for Nidhi via  support from an understanding SIL instead of saas-bahu type of plots.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mudraswathittrocks

ariyadasa IF-Dazzler
ariyadasa
ariyadasa

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Great Analysis Mudra Clap

i truly don' t like to see a character like even in my life  Angry

GREAT WORK Thumbs Up

mudraswathi

mudraswathi IF-Stunnerz
mudraswathi
mudraswathi

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hkp11

Awesome analysis of Mallika's character Mudra!  ClapClapClap 

If Rukhsar's character had not turned into a psycho for ratings, it would have been better.   The CVs  flaws were that they did not develop most of the characters enough and use them to tell proper storylines & sub plots.   Mallika could have been shown to start to accept Ashu's love for Nidhi via  support from an understanding SIL instead of saas-bahu type of plots.

yes.. subplots were needed..but may be financial problems!!

mudraswathi IF-Stunnerz
mudraswathi
mudraswathi

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Thank you tupu, Deepa, Hina and Ariya

ttrocks

Go to top