The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Ramsha.. IF-Sizzlerz
Ramsha..
Ramsha..

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

Originally posted by SaraluvRaghaVI

I want to see sriti doing a love story show. She is such an awesome actress. A actress with looks plus acting, she should do a very intense and making sense type love story show where she could get recognize. Where people could actually see how good she is, she is very underrated. Se deserve to come in such show which can bring out her talent infront of everyone.

I agree with vrish even mytho show would be good. Something like mahadev, 

Or would love to see sriti in a show like Sasural gande phool. Playing a spoil brat would give completely new layer to her career.

Or even seeing her in a bold character would be good. Someone who knows how to fight for social injustice or women injustice, 

Agree.  She is THE most underrated mainstream actress on TV today.

Even I want to see her in a love story. She has the looks and the talent, and with the right hero they will have all the potential to be among the top jodis on TV.

But the problem is she seems to be someone who goes for pretty unconventional role choices or gets selected for the same. The last time she played a "normal, conventional" role was as Sunaina in Jiya Jale which also happened to be a love story. So don't know whether she would do something like that again.

Like Vrish suggested, Mythos are a good choice, or even the spoilt brat is fine. But really doubtful whether she would choose them. What I don't want her to do for now is play a vamp. Maybe later on but definitely not now.

I think she will do a love story show if she gets a performance oriented role.

Even Ganga and jhanvi/sia are very similar in some ways but she did Ganga role because she find it challenging to perform because of dialect. 

As far as jiya Jale being a love story is concern then it was not exactly a love story and even the bit of love track part was totally different. 

Love story genre is very big. So there are many parts to it. I think she will do such show if her role will challenge her or excite her. 

Actually I think she will do a spoil brat, a love story show, or mytho since she never done those, well she did JJ but that exactly was never love story. 

So she might do these shows/roles because she already played roles of fighting injustice and having bad past onces like jhanvi/sia, Ganga, Sandhya were all about this. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zephyr29-Swetha-

zephyr29 IF-Rockerz
zephyr29
zephyr29

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 3:58pm | IP Logged

I want to see sriti doing a love story show. She is such an awesome actress. A actress with looks plus acting, she should do a very intense and making sense type love story show where she could get recognize. Where people could actually see how good she is, she is very underrated. Se deserve to come in such show which can bring out her talent infront of everyone.

Or would love to see sriti in a show like Sasural gande phool. Playing a spoil brat would give completely new layer to her career.

Or even seeing her in a bold character would be good. Someone who knows how to fight for social injustice or women injustice, 

Even I want to see her in a love story. She has the looks and the talent, and with the right hero they will have all the potential to be among the top jodis on TV.

But the problem is she seems to be someone who goes for pretty unconventional role choices or gets selected for the same. The last time she played a "normal, conventional" role was as Sunaina in Jiya Jale which also happened to be a love story. So don't know whether she would do something like that again.

Like Vrish suggested, Mythos are a good choice, or even the spoilt brat is fine. But really doubtful whether she would choose them. What I don't want her to do for now is play a vamp. Maybe later on but definitely not now.

Even Ganga and jhanvi/sia are very similar in some ways but she did Ganga role because she find it challenging to perform because of dialect. 

As far as jiya Jale being a love story is concern then it was not exactly a love story and even the bit of love track part was totally different. 

Love story genre is very big. So there are many parts to it. I think she will do such show if her role will challenge her or excite her. 

Actually I think she will do a spoil brat, a love story show, or mytho since she never done those, well she did JJ but that exactly was never love story. 

So she might do these shows/roles because she already played roles of fighting injustice and having bad past onces like jhanvi/sia, Ganga, Sandhya were all about this. 

Oh okay, I have never seen Jiya Jale and the impression I had was it was a love story.
Yeah I would love to see her in a different kind of love story, maybe in an inter-religious or cross-cultural one. I guess that would be challenging (story and performance-wise) plus it might give a good message of national integration & social acceptance of beliefs/cultures apart from one's own.

But I sincerely hope she doesn't play another character in an abusive relationship too soon. You can sort of see a pattern here. In RS, Sandhya gets married into a family who mentally and physically traumatize her from which she escapes and fights back. Same situation in SB she gets married with so much hope to Viraj, gets tortured, runs away to a new life, takes on her abuser. Now again in BV she runs away from Ratan Singh & family to a new life and (hopefully) will soon fight against him as well.

Hope the next character she does, doesn't have a background like this. 

Ramsha..-Swetha-

Ramsha.. IF-Sizzlerz
Ramsha..
Ramsha..

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged

Oh okay, I have never seen Jiya Jale and the impression I had was it was a love story.
Yeah I would love to see her in a different kind of love story, maybe in an inter-religious or cross-cultural one. I guess that would be challenging (story and performance-wise) plus it might give a good message of national integration & social acceptance of beliefs/cultures apart from one's own.

But I sincerely hope she doesn't play another character in an abusive relationship too soon. You can sort of see a pattern here. In RS, Sandhya gets married into a family who mentally and physically traumatize her from which she escapes and fights back. Same situation in SB she gets married with so much hope to Viraj, gets tortured, runs away to a new life, takes on her abuser. Now again in BV she runs away from Ratan Singh & family to a new life and (hopefully) will soon fight against him as well.

Hope the next character she does, doesn't have a background like this. 

Yeah even I had same impression when I saw title song but it turn out to be something else, jiya jale was my least fav show of sriti, it was just too stupid at times, 

Yes I would love to see a culture story. Or maybe sriti character being kidnapped by someone and being force to take drugs. Something like that would be great too.

And honestly would love to see her playing spoil brat, she will rock that role. 

And I agree with your last point too, she played three roles with lots of similarities. Yeah they were different but after BV she should do totally different role. 

Edited by SaraluvRaghaVI - 25 June 2013 at 5:06pm

zephyr29-Swetha-

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by KS_Shreya

Originally posted by Dhruti_rocks434

TC article on Sriti...
http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/features/wich-shows-are-your-favourite-tv-actors-proud-of-doing
she also more proud of Jyoti and Raktsambandh Sleepy
I like that she's proud of them, but I don't like what happened to her characters in both shows.
In RS, her character took a nosedive when she tried to force Neeraj to marry Anjali, and tried kissing up to her female in-laws, particularly Neeraj's bua, but it at least was redeemed when she started confronting and sabotaging Anjali's plots.  In Jyoti too, her character was fine, but she had a major flaw - she  was always happier in her original home, where she was previously tormented, than in her sasural, where she had the solid support of her husband.

That's the problem I had with her characters.

In RS, she did so well as Vrinda and then all of a sudden she becomes the regular bahu of TV shows.

Then in Jyoti she has this different character and they make her into a regular bahu of TV shows as well.

zephyr29-Swetha-

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
In Jyoti, I waited forever for Sudha to get out of the clutches of her stepmom Padma, so I was happy when Udai married her.  It didn't matter so much that Devika was gone (she had become more bitter towards the end) or that Sudha was a garden variety bahu.

In RS, I did mind that Neeraj's family came in.  I wanted the original 5 sisters' families to return, and in that setting, Sandhya to marry Neeraj.  Make it a lovey dovey family scene.

One thing I like about BV - that she's only playing a single character, not a double role, such as Sudha/Devika, Sandhya/Vrinda or Jhanvi/Sia.

zephyr29-Swetha-

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

One thing I like about BV - that she's only playing a single character, not a double role, such as Sudha/Devika, Sandhya/Vrinda or Jhanvi/Sia.

I am really glad about that as well. Though I can't watch the show, I sometimes catch a Sriti scene or the other and really enjoy it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.zephyr29-Swetha-

-Swetha- IF-Addictz
-Swetha-
-Swetha-

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
25th to 29th June 2013 - BV Spoiler .. Stern SmileStern SmileStern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Athene

Go to top