Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

A RAPE victim cannot marry the RAPIST. (Page 9)

Nick93 Newbie
Nick93
Nick93

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rupunzale

Originally posted by Nick93

This is the post I've been waiting for since Thursday! Clap
Brilliantly well-said!

I'm more disgusted by the fact that they used rape as a form of entertainment than Tanveer winning her challenge.

Rape is such a sensitive and serious issue and to depict it as seduction on a TV show that airs in a country known for it's brutal rapes is heartless and absolutely wrong. I hoped that they would show Asad going through PTSD, but it seems like he's only going to be dreaming about dancing in the desert with Zoya. QH is watched by so many viewers, so it would be great if they could show the aftermath and consequences rape has on the victims and in a way teach the audience something useful. But I sincerely doubt that's going to happen. 

Gul Khan mentioned in an interview that she wanted people to take away something positive from her show. How about it's a useful lesson about rape culture? That would make this show absolutely outstanding!
thanks Nick...honestly, I am disheartened to think about the state of any such victim who has watched the particular scene ...just imagine what they have gone through? Rape leaves scars physically but the damage it does to one mentally is something that person lives with for the rest of their lives. To show such a criminal offense in such a shamefully seductive way is appalling...I feel betrayed as a viewer and I am in shame as a human being.

Gul khan was exaggerating when she said about positive outcomes in her interview...it's hypocritical and extremely laughable...lets see what she has shown till now...domestic violence...physical and mental...stigma about dark skin women...dowry...probable forced and coerced marriage by kidnapping...stigma about divorced women...black magic...and last but not the least...DATE RAPE shown as seduction...please correct me if I have missed something ? She truly wants ppl to learn something good about it by repeatedly promoting such stuff ? She is very dillutional if she thinks that by showing the same old rubbish she is helping anyone. 

True. I never thought about that, but I hope that no rape victim watched that scene. I can't imagine the emotional trauma they might go through. 
I definitely feel betrayed too. To be honest, I've been appalled by the things they showed in this show ever since the slap fiasco and how easily everyone forgave Asad. No matter what, that was physical abuse on a woman. But I let everything go because I loved Surbhi Jyoti's growth as an actor and wanted to watch the show for her. 
But this is not something I can easily let go. I know someone who was date-raped and she has never been able to overcome the grief and trauma of the event. 

I went to the Forum32 thread earlier and someone commented saying that they should just relax and enjoy the upcoming romance between the 2 lovebirds! I was even more appalled by that comment. How can you ignore such a serious issue like rape/sexual assault and focus on the romance? I can't stomach that. I will constantly be reminded that Asad was raped.

That is true. She hasn't shown anything positive up to now unless you count the whole women should not be judged by their clothes. At the end of the day this is an Indian show and you can't expect more from it. Indian television really needs to grow and show more sensible material that can help create awareness. I'm curious, do you feel like continuing the show?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rupunzale

StonerGirL Goldie
StonerGirL
StonerGirL

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Rupunzale

This is the post I've been waiting for since Thursday! Clap
Brilliantly well-said!

I'm more disgusted by the fact that they used rape as a form of entertainment than Tanveer winning her challenge.

Rape is such a sensitive and serious issue and to depict it as seduction on a TV show that airs in a country known for it's brutal rapes is heartless and absolutely wrong. I hoped that they would show Asad going through PTSD, but it seems like he's only going to be dreaming about dancing in the desert with Zoya. QH is watched by so many viewers, so it would be great if they could show the aftermath and consequences rape has on the victims and in a way teach the audience something useful. But I sincerely doubt that's going to happen. 

Gul Khan mentioned in an interview that she wanted people to take away something positive from her show. How about it's a useful lesson about rape culture? That would make this show absolutely outstanding!
thanks Nick...honestly, I am disheartened to think about the state of any such victim who has watched the particular scene ...just imagine what they have gone through? Rape leaves scars physically but the damage it does to one mentally is something that person lives with for the rest of their lives. To show such a criminal offense in such a shamefully seductive way is appalling...I feel betrayed as a viewer and I am in shame as a human being.

Gul khan was exaggerating when she said about positive outcomes in her interview...it's hypocritical and extremely laughable...lets see what she has shown till now...domestic violence...physical and mental...stigma about dark skin women...dowry...probable forced and coerced marriage by kidnapping...stigma about divorced women...black magic...and last but not the least...DATE RAPE shown as seduction...please correct me if I have missed something ? She truly wants ppl to learn something good about it by repeatedly promoting such stuff ? She is very dillutional if she thinks that by showing the same old rubbish she is helping anyone. 

True. I never thought about that, but I hope that no rape victim watched that scene. I can't imagine the emotional trauma they might go through. 
I definitely feel betrayed too. To be honest, I've been appalled by the things they showed in this show ever since the slap fiasco and how easily everyone forgave Asad. No matter what, that was physical abuse on a woman. But I let everything go because I loved Surbhi Jyoti's growth as an actor and wanted to watch the show for her. 
But this is not something I can easily let go. I know someone who was date-raped and she has never been able to overcome the grief and trauma of the event. 

I went to the Forum32 thread earlier and someone commented saying that they should just relax and enjoy the upcoming romance between the 2 lovebirds! I was even more appalled by that comment. How can you ignore such a serious issue like rape/sexual assault and focus on the romance? I can't stomach that. I will constantly be reminded that Asad was raped.

That is true. She hasn't shown anything positive up to now unless you count the whole women should not be judged by their clothes. At the end of the day this is an Indian show and you can't expect more from it. Indian television really needs to grow and show more sensible material that can help create awareness. I'm curious, do you feel like continuing the show?

agreed..indian tv definitly needs to grow!!!  They can spend 2 weeks...LITERALLY showing non sense drama...like razia slapping zoya at ayaans engagement and then doing OTT drama @ the hospital and stuff...yet u can't be bothered to show the reality behind SUCH A SENSITIVE TOPIC u chose to bring up...lets not forget just for the sake of TRPs and DRAMA!!! as much as we all luv asya and r dyin to watch the romance..my question is...tommorow will they show smthing like terrorism...(JUST AN EXAMPLE as thts alos a big issue in the media right now) for the sake of trps and drama???  if u cant handle it...dont show it...thts bottom line...this is why hollywood is far ahead...cuz if they show it in a show..they do their psychological research and show TRUE reactions...not like ur getting raped one day and ur getting married HAPPILY the next...

smthing as simple as a small car crash...like small bump of cars...can leave ppl scared...suffering frm trauma...for mnths...and she showed..such a big issue...DATE RAPE and is she seriously not gonna do anything abt it????  

i dnt think i wud EVER be able to watch QH with the same heart again...i already lost half of tht insanity when tannu came into the pic...it was never the same but i luvddd asya so much and QH for tht matter i ignored EVERYTHING and cntnued watching but if this issue is ignored...Dead
Aishah8 Goldie
Aishah8
Aishah8

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Do we actually know that they consummated ? I still think nothing happened between the two!
starsinmyeyes IF-Sizzlerz
starsinmyeyes
starsinmyeyes

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by starsinmyeyes

what they have shown is drugging and sexual assault...they expect the audience to take it as that...but Asad is not aware of what happened...so until that is cleared out in Ajmer..he will keep thinking he fell short of what was expected out of him...remember..we know what happened..he doesn't...and Gul will not pass this as seduction...because that will damage the foundation of the relationship between the leads that she has built over 7 months now...Zoya will help Asad to come out  clean...once she gets over her initial shock and learns the backstory of the entire scenario...she will listen...Tannu and Asad are not happening...don't worry dear

Just to respond to your initial comment : Usually, when a person is raped, even though they have been drugged, they have a feeling that tells that they have been raped. I know someone to whom that happened. 

Yeah that is the most logical thing..the person will know...but we cannot expect itna logic from them...because even if Asad does not remember what happened he should ideally know that he was assaulted or all of it was staged...when i said that he is not aware..i meant in the serial..his confusion will be cleared later on only...but trust me i would be really glad if they show  that he knows and is aware he has been staged and is proactive in approach as far as proving his innocence is concerned...i really do not put it past the makers that even now he won't suspect tanveer...i will not be surprised if he says 'both of us were staged by someone and i will prove nothing happened'...but even if he is that proactive in approach, it would be a refreshing change...and i really hope that they do not get Tanveer's baby into the picture...i mean there is something known as a gestation period and it would be stupid if they show the leads so bad at math...LOL
chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Drugging a person and seducing them is rape, I agree. Smile

The viewers have seen it as rape.

I think it all depends on what the victim himself sees it as...does he think he has been raped? Or does he think he made a genuine mistake under the influence and Tanveer probably consented or was herself drugged?

THE IMPORTANT POINT is, Asad remebers thinking he was with Zoya...that means he knows he was not forced in to any thing.

On rape victims going through the trauma re- watching the scene- again, I agree.

Women who have gone through an abortion feel the same when they witness a similar thing on TV, so do victims of domestic violence and rape and everything else. That does not mean they cannot show these scenes in a drama. Smile

I felt the scene was done well- How is Asad supposed to think he was raped when there are no signs of him having resisted it- in fact, he remembers welcoming the feeling, thinking it was Zoya.

Any way, I don't think the act happened- Raziya told Tanveer- behoshi ka fayda utao- he will BELIEVE WHATEVER HE IS TOLD...not what was done to him- the shirtless scene and kisses were to just add to the authenticity of her claim.

PLUS, I feel Gul is not planning on marrying Tanveer to Asad...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Npdeepastarsinmyeyes

Npdeepa IF-Dazzler
Npdeepa
Npdeepa

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chicksoup

Drugging a person and seducing them is rape, I agree.Smile

I think it all depends on what the victim himself sees it as...does he think he has been raped? Or does he think he made a genuine mistake under the influence and Tanveer probably consented or was herself drugged?

THE IMPORTANT POINT is, Asad remebers thinking he was with Zoya...that means he knows he was not forced in to any thing.

On rape victims going through the trauma re- watching the scene- again, I agree.

Women who have gone through an abortion feel the same when they witness a similar thing on TV, so do victims of domestic violence and rape and everything else. That does not mean they cannot show these scenes in a drama.Smile

I felt the scene was done well- How is Asad supposed to think he was raped when there are <font color="#0000FF">no signs of him having resisted it- in fact, he remembers welcoming the feeling, thinking it was Zoya.</font>

Any way, I don't think the act happened- Raziya told Tanveer- behoshi ka fayda utao- he will BELIEVE WHATEVER HE IS TOLD...not what was done to him- the shirtless scene and kisses were<font color="#0000FF"> to just add to the authenticity of her claim.</font>

soup... I agree with u@ blue points in asad's case... That is tanveer's plan to register in his sub- conscious mind that he is married and with zoya in their SR ... Just to make him co- operate if she wish to do it or later even if he or someone doubts her and goes for a rape kit test the results should come negative...
It was staged just to fool others and to get married to asad but the point is later if they wish to show they didn't do it then end it as a rape attempt case or if they wish to show as they did IT...then show that it was a rape... Just for drama they should make Asad and tanveer getting married...the truth must be out and she must be sent to jail just as they did with mariyum's case...

Edited by Npdeepa - 24 June 2013 at 3:03am

chicksoup

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:06am | IP Logged
I agree with every word you said..Rape is a sensitive issue and its not just about Asad-Zoya anymore..I don care about the nikah at the moment..I hope to god they don make a mess of something so sensitive by making Asad feel guilty for ruining his friend's life and thus lead to a track where they two get engaged or married..Thats just wrong on so many levels and i again emphasize that the issue needs to be looked at from a gender neutral point of view..

Npdeepa

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Npdeepa

Originally posted by chicksoup

Drugging a person and seducing them is rape, I agree.Smile

Women who have gone through an abortion feel the same when they witness a similar thing on TV, so do victims of domestic violence and rape and everything else. That does not mean they cannot show these scenes in a drama.Smile

I felt the scene was done well- How is Asad supposed to think he was raped when there are <font color="#0000FF">no signs of him having resisted it- in fact, he remembers welcoming the feeling, thinking it was Zoya.</font>

Any way, I don't think the act happened- Raziya told Tanveer- behoshi ka fayda utao- he will BELIEVE WHATEVER HE IS TOLD...not what was done to him- the shirtless scene and kisses were<font color="#0000FF"> to just add to the authenticity of her claim.</font>

soup... I agree with u@ blue points in asad's case... That is tanveer's plan to register in his sub- conscious mind that he is married and with zoya in their SR ... Just to make him co- operate or later even if he or someone doubts her and goes for a rape kit test the results should come negative...
It was staged but the point is later if they wish to show they didn't do it then end it as a rape attempt case or if they wish to show as they did IT...then show that it was a rape... Just for drama they should make Asad and tanveer getting married...the truth must be out and she must be sent to jail just as they did with mariyum's case...

Deepa,

I am sure they didn't do it- so it is a rape attempt...OR was it a staged consummation scene.

I think it is IMPORTANT to differentiate between the two- Tanveer never intended to have physical relationship- all she wanted was to stage it- so it was not an attempt- if she really attempted, she would have suceeded...considering Asad was in no position to resist her.

So I feel she should be punished for framing him...but there are a lot more worse things she has done..

Why Tanveer- Asad marriage?

Why did Tanveer say Asad has ben trapped once and for all?

She thinks she knows Jammy enough to predict that he'd feel responsible for making out with her...therefore she staged it.

But she does not know what Zoya means to him- cannot fathom it- hence, Asad runs after Zoya to explain...that he did not let her down- at least not knowingly.

Npdeepa

Go to top