Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

A RAPE victim cannot marry the RAPIST. (Page 4)

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ASR2020

Originally posted by Rupunzale

Guys...let us just set our differences about Asya for once here and think about a very serious issue here...RAPE!

Mrs Gul Khan has tried to portray the much talked about scene as SEDUCTION...but it was undeniably RAPE. Does it matter whether its a woman or a man ? NO. It doesn't. Rape is a crime...the rapist shout be prosecuted and should be behind bars. Reports... data shows that most rapes are committed by the people the victim knows.

In QH Billo is a dear friend of Asad whom he trusts and respect...but instead what did she do...she drugged him and raped him. Now, the question is not whether they did it or not...the real problem here is they showed it as Seduction.

I have seen many posts with a concern that Gul might try to enforce a marriage b/w Asad and Billo or even an engagement. Now here is what is very important ...THE MESSAGE...A VICTIM should not MARRY the RAPIST under any circumstances...rape victims undergo PTSD ...they need counseling...a huge support system...lots of assurance...but the last thing they need is guilt ...the thought that in anyway they were responsible for the horrendous crime...and they definitely cannot be coerced into marrying their RAPIST to save their honor. This is not medieval or prehistoric era...this is the 21st century where there is a rape happening in every second. 

With the growing rape cases in India this will be a wrong message for Mrs Khan to portray if she thinks of pursuing any kind of relationship between Asad and Billo. 

Billo is a RAPIST. 

PS: I hope we can leave our differences aside for once and work together for this cause.I work in a Domestic violence shelter...I interact with rape victims on a daily basis...I have seen their pain and trauma. Rape is a crime...and victims cannot marry Rapists period. People need to voice their opinion on this issue. This is a wrong message and should not be accepted. This is a real life issue...and not a mere plot in a fiction. They cannot play with a serious issue like this.

Great that you mention the above! However. A tad assumptive of you! Think you need to think beyond AsYa too .. Gul hasn't shown asad marrying or getting engaged to Tanu!! Till then I suggest you don't waste time on a forum & do something constructive with your time at the shelter! 
if you read the post it's not about Asya...it's about Rape. Thanks for your suggestion and yes awareness should be spread every possible way we can...and India forums is a good place to do that.

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divyabelle

Though I think they are going with the fake consummation angle, the issue of sexual assault is too sensitive an issue to treat with lightly. You are right. It sends the wrong message in a society and world constantly struggling to deal with the issue of rape. 

Even relatives of mine who are detached casual viewers of the show were disturbed with Thursday's epi. So, I think there will be some backlash. 

Also, Zee TV bears some social responsibility here. 
yes...media has a responsibly because Rape is a real issue ...it cannot and should not be used as sex and seduction. You are right about the backlash...it's everywhere.
youth_showsfan IF-Sizzlerz
youth_showsfan
youth_showsfan

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

I hope Gul remembers Mariam and Mangalpur and doesn't contradict her message. It's great that you have taken an active role on spreading awareness. 

thnk uEmbarrassed 
another prob i have is haseena bi
she openly ask for dahej which is again a biggest crime
i really hope at d moment nikhat who is gullible n weak turns strong
i guess billi's major role is to show imran's truth
he behaves too innocently but n reality he isnt even near to innocent
i guess once this truth comes out nikhat should become strong instead f week
she should fulfill her dream of being a dancer n also punish haseena n show d world
dt dahej taking people deserve what.Angry
nd it will be good to see zoya n asad helping her.
i feel asya will come to know d truth n will try to stop nikhats wedding
which will lead to 1st fam vs 2nd fam yet again shirin vs dilshaad
n may b at start none would believe including nikhat but i guess she'll find it
nd i hope she pledges to be strong n dont fall in d trap of haseena b again
gul really has amazing storyline nd a msg to spead if only she thinks on these linesSmile
i really hope she doesSmile

P.s thnk u for a great postSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

friendsallRupunzaleNpdeepa

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapfan

Many forum members are speculating as per recent spoiler where Asya get married and billi returns after some time to cause troubles, billi wud claim asad as father of her child. I really request Gul and CVs not to take that route cause for obvious reasons

This is the case of sexual assault and billi is the one who committed the crime
It wud be cringe worthy to show her blackmail asad with u r my baby daddy crap and all characters being dumb and crying buckets.

Actually they should end billi's track with Ajmer track.
I don't really understand how can they still have her in Khan Mansion and this is the high time Asad and Zoya realize they are victims physically and emotionally and Asad should never feel guilty of I might have slept with her. If he is that dumb that he doesn't realize he was a victim then I can't say anything abt this character ( hopeless )
Gul is very unpredictable...so I don't have any idea what she is going to do in the future...for that the next couple of episodes will be very crucial. 

But I am sure about one thing that Zoya and Billo will not stay under the same roof as off now...Billo has to leave for now.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Npdeepa

Npdeepa IF-Dazzler
Npdeepa
Npdeepa

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Pri... I am with u...
Practically, technically, logically Asad is a rape victim ...And tanveer is a rapist... I heard that in India thre is no law against men rape... And after hearing this I thought maybe that us y Gul has touched this subject and bring awareness in general public...
But where did she says it is Seduction... If u got this info from some posts made in IF , then it is not true they all predicted that Gul might turn it out like this, Like that because she loves tanu... And blah blah blah... It's not true...
But on a serious note if Gul wishes to show it as mutual or something like seduction just to create drama to gain trps...then we will do whatever we can to stop it... I am with U...
TANVEER is a RAPIST...

Edited by Npdeepa - 22 June 2013 at 5:49pm

Rupunzale

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by youth_showsfan

I hope Gul remembers Mariam and Mangalpur and doesn't contradict her message. It's great that you have taken an active role on spreading awareness. 

thnk uEmbarrassed 
another prob i have is haseena bi
she openly ask for dahej which is again a biggest crime
i really hope at d moment nikhat who is gullible n weak turns strong
i guess billi's major role is to show imran's truth
he behaves too innocently but n reality he isnt even near to innocent
i guess once this truth comes out nikhat should become strong instead f week
she should fulfill her dream of being a dancer n also punish haseena n show d world
dt dahej taking people deserve what.Angry
nd it will be good to see zoya n asad helping her.
i feel asya will come to know d truth n will try to stop nikhats wedding
which will lead to 1st fam vs 2nd fam yet again shirin vs dilshaad
n may b at start none would believe including nikhat but i guess she'll find it
nd i hope she pledges to be strong n dont fall in d trap of haseena b again
gul really has amazing storyline nd a msg to spead if only she thinks on these linesSmile
i really hope she doesSmile

P.s thnk u for a great postSmile
thanks dear...yes, dowry is a crime. Nikhat's character has been portrayed as a weak one.i am hoping that they change that. Ppl like Hassena and the lot should be behind bars because there greed will only increase. 

I hope Billo's pregnancy is used to expose Imran...he is a very sly person and Nikhat deserves better.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Npdeepayouth_showsfan

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Npdeepa

Pri... I am with u...
Practically, technically, logically Asad is a rape victim ...And tanveer is a rapist... I heard that in India thre is no law against men rape... And after hearing this I thought maybe that us y Gul has touched this subject and make awareness in general public...
But where did she says it is Seduction... If u got this info from some posts made in IF , then it is not true they all predicted that Gul might turn it out like this, Like that because she loves tanu... And blah blah blah... It's not true...
But on a serious note if Gul wishes to show it as mutual or something like seduction just to create drama to gain trps...then we will do whatever we can to stop it... I am with U...
TANVEER is a RAPIST...
thanks Deepa...Gul hasn't said anything personally but she has implied that in the scene...I am damn sure about that. She basically tried to sell it as sex and seduction...remember the way Billo was opening Asad's shirt...Asad hallucinating Zoya's ILU and bending to kiss him...this is the recipe for seduction. But, it backfired because we didn't see it as that...ppl everywhere are way to much aware of date rape cases that they will fall in the trap.

There is a uproar everywhere...ppl are furious...and don't worry if she pursues it...we will complain...petition ...whatever it takes to stop it. 

I have posted in on Forum32 too...ppl there are discussing the same for 2 days now. 

Npdeepa

princessjojo IF-Dazzler
princessjojo
princessjojo

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
No one knows that Asad was drugged. So until they (including Asad) are all under the assumption that what happened was consensual, the idea of rape doesn't even arise.

However, once it is out in the open that Tan raped Asad, then yes, I agree that the rapist shouldn't be allowed to marry her victim.

All the above assuming that sexual activity did take place..

Npdeepa

Go to top