Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Nisha---
Was it just me or today's episode seriously sucked. Let me name a few reasons...
1) As soon as they said that the wife's body was not found I knew she was involved. So there goes the mystery from the murder mystery.
2) Arjun suddenly acting funny...what was with that? And were we supposed to believe that he always acts funny like that? Whenever other ETF members like Chottu say I'm hungry in the middle of a murder investigation, Arjun is the one to reprimand them and today he is doing the same thing. I am confused. Arjun's portrayal in today's episode just isn't the Arjun they have build since the beginning. I know that a person is allowed to be funny sometimes, that no one expects an individual to forever be serious but regardless today's episode just didn't have arjun's ring to it.
3) As if it was not obvious enough that the wife killed her husband for money, they made it all the more obvious when they showed the newspaper.
4) How they solved the mystery...Arjun logged onto the wife's profile and viola...mystery solved because she had accessed it yesterday. Can I say lame? I mean seriously.
5) The ending scene where the lotteri dulhan was all crying and saying her dastaan about how the man she loved betrayed her and that's why she goes around looting all bad men...seriously give me a break. What woman does not get her heart broken...the fact of our lives is that men are jerks. Yes not all of us has to go to jail but still. Boo hoo for you. I just did not sympathize with the whole crying thing she had got going on and I thought it was rather pathetic. If you can do the crime, then atleast own it.
6) And I understand that in every episode they try to show you a message at the end like in today's Arjun says the speech about the wrong path and the right path and what not. I usually like Arjun's saahi raasta dialogues but today I just wanted to laugh and tell him to shut up. It seemed quite redundant...as if we didn't already know that the wrong path is well wrong. Maybe it was because the episode was so pathetic that I simply did not connect with the final message.
7) All in all...pretty bad episode. Maybe all the CSI, NCIS, Psych, Dexter, Mentalist has ruined Indian crime shows for me. Or actually I think they haven't been doing as good a job as they used to on the storylines. If you ask me they need a lot more of subtlety and a lot less of obviousness. I don't know why but all the Indian shows I watch everything is pronounced in big bold letters as if the audience is stupid and cannot read between the lines.
If you ask me they need to blur the lines between good and bad. Explore the dark side a bit. I guess in a way they did try to blur the lines today by showing us that the lotteri dulhan had suffered thus she started committing crimes, but it was too lame and too tame. They need a serial killer in the midst to spice things up. The way they have serial killers in crime shows that stay unsolved for several seasons. That is the best way to explore the dark side and spice things up so it stays interesting.
Spot on! That wasn't the Arjun we know! I agree Arjun does have a right to be funny, but certainly not like this. He has been funny before too..(I can't exactly recollect but I think he was in some episodes...)But, this humour isn't his type. Period.
It is actually disappointing when they make things look pretty obvious and they've done it quite a lot of times. It is like you said, they sometimes assume that the audience are too dumb to understand even simplest of the facts! And in the process make a certain plot twist or a certain dialogue seem utterly stupid.
I know I'll get chappals thrown at me for this but guess that's my POV. Arjun episode finale speeches, 'sometimes' get overboard. But, it's okay. Since, those speeches are one of the plus points of the show! Plus I've had enough with women being the killers for god knows how long! Empowering women is being taken to a whole new level here. I rarely see any male criminals on Arjun! Your serial killer idea is just perfect! They should really try it!
One more thing, when we get really intellectual and interesting episodes on Arjun we get to see comments here and there as follows:
1. The episode is completely copied from a so and so English crime series.
2. It was slightly inspired from a so and so English crime series.
I guess the problem must be either with the audience or the writers think that the audience are too dumb to recognize an episode if they copy it from a foreign show and think they can get away with it. Whatever might be the case it should stop!
P.S. Pardon me for all those colours! I just like to make my point clear. I guess I can do it without the colours too, but I kind of like it this way. [:p]
AND A LOT OF THOSE POINTS I'VE WRITTEN ABOVE ARE ABOUT THE SHOW IN GENERAL AND NOT COMPLETELY ABOUT TODAY'S EPISODE IN PARTICULAR.