Arjun
Arjun

Bad episode (Page 2)

arhifan4ever Groupbie
arhifan4ever
arhifan4ever

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Nisha---

Was it just me or today's episode seriously sucked. Let me name a few reasons...
1) As soon as they said that the wife's body was not found I knew she was involved. So there goes the mystery from the murder mystery.
2) Arjun suddenly acting funny...what was with that? And were we supposed to believe that he always acts funny like that? Whenever other ETF members like Chottu say I'm hungry in the middle of a murder investigation, Arjun is the one to reprimand them and today he is doing the same thing. I am confused. Arjun's portrayal in today's episode just isn't the Arjun they have build since the beginning. I know that a person is allowed to be funny sometimes, that no one expects an individual to forever be serious but regardless today's episode just didn't have arjun's ring to it. 
3) As if it was not obvious enough that the wife killed her husband for money, they made it all the more obvious when they showed the newspaper.
4) How they solved the mystery...Arjun logged onto the wife's profile and viola...mystery solved because she had accessed it yesterday. Can I say lame? I mean seriously. 
5) The ending scene where the lotteri dulhan was all crying and saying her dastaan about how the man she loved betrayed her and that's why she goes around looting all bad men...seriously give me a break. What woman does not get her heart broken...the fact of our lives is that men are jerks. Yes not all of us has to go to jail but still. Boo hoo for you. I just did not sympathize with the whole crying thing she had got going on and I thought it was rather pathetic. If you can do the crime, then atleast own it. 
6) And I understand that in every episode they try to show you a message at the end like in today's Arjun says the speech about the wrong path and the right path and what not. I usually like Arjun's saahi raasta dialogues but today I just wanted to laugh and tell him to shut up. It seemed quite redundant...as if we didn't already know that the wrong path is well wrong. Maybe it was because the episode was so pathetic that I simply did not connect with the final message.
7) All in all...pretty bad episode. Maybe all the CSI, NCIS, Psych, Dexter, Mentalist has ruined Indian crime shows for me. Or actually I think they haven't been doing as good a job as they used to on the storylines. If you ask me they need a lot more of subtlety and a lot less of obviousness. I don't know why but all the Indian shows I watch everything is pronounced in big bold letters as if the audience is stupid and cannot read between the lines. 

If you ask me they need to blur the lines between good and bad. Explore the dark side a bit. I guess in a way they did try to blur the lines today by showing us that the lotteri dulhan had suffered thus she started committing crimes, but it was too lame and too tame. They need a serial killer in the midst to spice things up. The way they have serial killers in crime shows that stay unsolved for several seasons. That is the best way to explore the dark side and spice things up so it stays interesting. 

Spot on! That wasn't the Arjun we know! I agree Arjun does have a right to be funny, but certainly not like this.  He has been funny before too..(I can't exactly recollect but I think he was in some episodes...)But, this humour isn't his type. Period.

It is actually disappointing when they make things look pretty obvious and they've done it quite a lot of times. It is like you said, they sometimes assume that the audience are too dumb to understand even simplest of the facts! And in the process make a certain plot twist or a certain dialogue seem utterly stupid. 

I know I'll get chappals thrown at me for this but guess that's my POV. Arjun episode finale speeches, 'sometimes' get overboard. But, it's okay. Since, those speeches are one of the plus points of the show! Plus I've had enough with women being the killers for god knows how long! Empowering women is being taken to a whole new level here. I rarely see any male criminals on Arjun! Your serial killer idea is just perfect! They should really try it! 

One more thing, when we get really intellectual and interesting episodes on Arjun we get to see comments here and there as follows:
1. The episode is completely copied from a so and so English crime series.
2. It was slightly inspired from a so and so English crime series.
I guess the problem must be either with the audience or the writers think that the audience are too dumb to recognize an episode if they copy it from a foreign show and think they can get away with it. Whatever might be the case it should stop! 

P.S. Pardon me for all those colours! I just like to make my point clear. I guess I can do it without the colours too, but I kind of like it this way. [:p]

AND A LOT OF THOSE POINTS I'VE WRITTEN ABOVE ARE ABOUT THE SHOW IN GENERAL AND NOT COMPLETELY ABOUT TODAY'S EPISODE IN PARTICULAR.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fatima15..Naina..SilentSilver

arhifan4ever Groupbie
arhifan4ever
arhifan4ever

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shona16

you took words right out of my mouth, i think i need to stop watching english crime thrillers to continue to watch arjun, i mean really they give 10 bad episodes and then one good episode and that ratio is not good for the show...how come arjun and rathod become so comfortable and cordial with each other all of a sudden where the hell is the love that turned into hatered between them...they atleast show that that other members of the etf play some role in solving the case and have dialogs but the main female protagonist has nothing useful to say in the entire 45 minutes show, i know she is a crime reporter and not a cop but she does not even do what a journalist is suppose to do...and liza is seen once in a blue moon, if they could not handle so many characters then why bring them in the show in the first place.

now this show is working and is popular just because it has a beautiful cast and because the episodes shown in the beginning were way better and logical so that people can hope that they will get to see some awesome crime solving...they really need to buck up and especially the writers.

i completely agree with you, concepts like serial killing should be shown it would be really interesting to see the etf solve such cases...speaking of which where the hell did sikandar disappear, i mean seriously no clue or anything about him is yet shown in the show, its almost been a year that this show has been aired its high time they should start revealing something about the main villain.

all in all an okay and bellow average level episode. 

I couldn't have said it in a better way! I really hope the situation gets better. I almost starting to lose my patience.
---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shona16

you took words right out of my mouth, i think i need to stop watching english crime thrillers to continue to watch arjun, i mean really they give 10 bad episodes and then one good episode and that ratio is not good for the show...how come arjun and rathod become so comfortable and cordial with each other all of a sudden where the hell is the love that turned into hatered between them...they atleast show that that other members of the etf play some role in solving the case and have dialogs but the main female protagonist has nothing useful to say in the entire 45 minutes show, i know she is a crime reporter and not a cop but she does not even do what a journalist is suppose to do...and liza is seen once in a blue moon, if they could not handle so many characters then why bring them in the show in the first place.

now this show is working and is popular just because it has a beautiful cast and because the episodes shown in the beginning were way better and logical so that people can hope that they will get to see some awesome crime solving...they really need to buck up and especially the writters.

i completely agree with you, concepts like serial killing should be shown it would be really interesting to see the etf solve such cases...speaking of which where the hell did sikandar disappear, i mean seriously no clue or anything about him is yet shown in the show, its almost been a year that this show has been aired its high time they should start revealing something about the main villain.

all in all an okay and bellow average level episode. 

Well in Sakshi's case I think they just brought her in as a love interest for Arjun. (They needed someone after Riya.) She does not really have anything to do besides soften him up. Before she used to have some lines because she used to be very silly but now the silliness is lessening thus she has no lines whatsoever. Arjun is the sole reason for the existence of Sakshi's character and thus until Arjun is ready to come out of his cocoon, Saakshi wont have a big role. Which is rather sad. I mean look at how English shows handle love amidst crime. Tony and Ziva...Ziva is kickass and she is very important to the team. The team would be incomplete without her. She has a role besides being Tony's special interest. She contributes. She has relationships outside of Tony. She is like a daughter to Gibbs etc etc. Same in Bones...Bones does not solely exist for Booth. My fav couple...Jane and Lisbon. They arent really in love yet but it is bound to happen after Red John is caught. There is nothing she wouldn't do for him (she has broken the law many times for him even thought she is a cop) and nothing he wouldnt do for her. They are partners there though...so it works. Jane may be the brains but he hides at the sound or sight of a gun...he is not the muscles. She is. So the partnership works. Here it's all Arjun and nothing for Sakshi. It is rather pathetic to introduce a new character like this and not have anything to do for her. 
Also, I understand Arjun is the main character, but really why is everyone else even in this show? Why not just do a one man show, Arjun. I mean when no one else ever solves the cases what is point of having other's around. Fine you can keep Shree because he does the tech stuff, but when has Chottu or Rathod actually solved a crime. Waste of talent if you ask me. 
Rathod said today that ETF has never not solved a crime...I find that surprising. Before Arjun, I would have thought all the cases would go unsolved in ETF. Anyways, my point being they shouldn't make Arjun so larger than life and invincible. It's always more fun to explore human's because we are flawed and we make mistakes which make us well interesting. Arjun apparently never makes mistakes...atleast I can't recall any and is always right. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 22 June 2013 at 1:23pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

arhifan4everbutterfly7kojagoryfanfatima15Arieltabi..Naina..SilentSilver

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by arhifan4ever

Originally posted by ---Nisha---

Spot on! That wasn't the Arjun we know! I agree Arjun does have a right to be funny, but certainly not like this.  He has been funny before too..(I can't exactly recollect but I think he was in some episodes...)But, this humour isn't his type. Period.

It is actually disappointing when they make things look pretty obvious and they've done it quite a lot of times. It is like you said, they sometimes assume that the audience are too dumb to understand even simplest of the facts! And in the process make a certain plot twist or a certain dialogue seem utterly stupid. 

I know I'll get chappals thrown at me for this but guess that's my POV. Arjun episode finale speeches, 'sometimes' get overboard. But, it's okay. Since, those speeches are one of the plus points of the show! Plus I've had enough with women being the killers for god knows how long! Empowering women is being taken to a whole new level here. I rarely see any male criminals on Arjun! Your serial killer idea is just perfect! They should really try it! 

One more thing, when we get really intellectual and interesting episodes on Arjun we get to see comments here and there as follows:
1. The episode is completely copied from a so and so English crime series.
2. It was slightly inspired from a so and so English crime series.
I guess the problem must be either with the audience or the writers think that the audience are too dumb to recognize an episode if they copy it from a foreign show and think they can get away with it. Whatever might be the case it should stop! 

P.S. Pardon me for all those colours! I just like to make my point clear. I guess I can do it without the colours too, but I kind of like it this way. [:p]

AND A LOT OF THOSE POINTS I'VE WRITTEN ABOVE ARE ABOUT THE SHOW IN GENERAL AND NOT COMPLETELY ABOUT TODAY'S EPISODE IN PARTICULAR.

There were episodes copied from English shows? I didn't know. Which is weird because I have probably watched all crime shows with the exception of MI5. 
It is always disappointing when you assume your viewers are all dead and thus you spoon feed them everything. Subtlety is an art and I seriously think Indian shows need to master it...not just crime shows like CID and Arjun but even drama shows. I started watching Jodha Akbar this week and in the background the omniscient narrator keeps telling us everything that just happened (so he just repeats) or is going to happen. It is annoying. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arhifan4everfatima15..Naina..SilentSilver

desistylelife Newbie
desistylelife
desistylelife

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Completely agreed with all the points arjun serial losses its charm todays episode is pathetic 1 just and old story dat boy ditched a girl nd she is then taking revenge with others...the last scene that was just unexplainable there is no need of that damn boring story nd when she said I did this marraige last tym ahhh it's was just unbelievable... I have.again 1 question why they mention that ring story nd in da end why arjun didn't mention wht happend in hospital that nimita said woh ring utari nahn... 
Sooo many questions but ni answer the writers ve 2 buck up if they don't want 2 lose their viewers 
2 bad episode
..Naina.. IF-Veteran Member
..Naina..
..Naina..

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
I really haven't watched today's episode so I'm going to refrain from commenting on that. But just reading a few of the comments - I'm happy I'm not the only one that compares the show with White Collar and other crime thriller shows I watch.

I feel like the CVs here need to find a better way to kind of incorporate all the different angles they want to include and balance them in each episode. I don't see that strong thread that links every episode together..if that makes sense? If they had that, then there might be more scope for other stories/sub-plots to develop and every second would actually not have to be focused on the "crime of the episode" per se.

In addition, I think changing the format of the show might help a bit? If they stretched it out to maybe 1 case per weekend so they would have 2 hours in which to solve the episode and discuss the Sikander stuff and the Aisha/Rathod, Liza/Shree, and Arjun/Sakshi angles.

But in general, I must say I do agree with regards to the cases themselves, I haven't been feeling too many of them. In the beginning, I think the CVs had great ideas, [a lot of which seemed familiar to what I had already seen in English shows] but I feel like they're so half-baked or easy, or just plain boring. Confused

Off to watch the episode, so will be back in a bit with the comments :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fatima15SilentSilver

bgargate Goldie
bgargate
bgargate

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
So true... I was laughing at Arjun's Pav-Bhaji demand and playing games during an important discussions... what was that? LOLLOLLOLLOL ...

And when Arjun told Shree to check her profile on that website, why didn't Shree hack her website then itself? Isn't he supposed to do that? it would have solved the case then and there itself... Its shree's job and not Arjun's...

Arjun is losing its charm... adding to what you said... I have observed and mentioned on Forum32 that the episode which promises a concept and a message often goes off the track... below are few examples:

Poachers in Jungle episode turned out to be a case of betrayal by wife

Murder by chain snatchers turned out to be a case of betrayal by husband

The cricket match betting episode turned out to be a case of kidnapping

Hit and Run episode turned out to be a revenge story

Domestic violence episode turned out to be a very confusing case where till the end ETF moving around everywhere with the killer and suspecting the innocent and to add to the viewers confusion, the innocent suspect was made to act like she is the culprit.

The original message is lost somewhere...

I know they have to put some twist but that very twist spoils the flavour of the episode.

And today's episode had so much scope to present the message of "Not trusting anyone you have met online without a thorough background check"

I felt that instead of adding too many suspects like caretaker, step-mother, ex-wife and ex-girlfriend... if they had concentrated on the process of finding the girl, her motive, her background, the way she operated, her past victims... This would have made a wonderful case with a clear message.

And yes, that sahi raasta and galat rasta dialgues are getting as boring and monotonous as "Chhotu hyala gheun ja" Embarrassed ... instead the message should have been to the guy who was marrying Namita that before trusting a girl whom he met online, she should have done a background verification on her...

butterfly7kojagoryfanArieltabi

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bgargate

So true... I was laughing at Arjun's Pav-Bhaji demand and playing games during an important discussions... what was that? LOL ...

And when Arjun told Shree to check her profile on that website, why didn't Shree hack her website then itself? Isn't he supposed to do that? it would have solved the case then and there itself... Its shree's job and not Arjun's...

Arjun is losing its charm... adding to what you said... I have observed and mentioned on Forum32 that the episode which promises a concept and a message often goes off the track... below are few examples:

Poachers in Jungle episode turned out to be a case of betrayal by wife

Murder by chain snatchers turned out to be a case of betrayal by husband

The cricket match betting episode turned out to be a case of kidnapping

Hit and Run episode turned out to be a revenge story

Domestic violence episode turned out to be a very confusing case where till the end ETF moving around everywhere with the killer and suspecting the innocent and to add to the viewers confusion, the innocent suspect was made to act like she is the culprit.

The original message is lost somewhere...

I know they have to put some twist but that very twist spoils the flavour of the episode.

And today's episode had so much scope to present the message of "Not trusting anyone you have met online without a thorough background check"

I felt that instead of adding too many suspects like caretaker, step-mother, ex-wife and ex-girlfriend... if they had concentrated on the process of finding the girl, her motive, her background, the way she operated, her past victims... This would have made a wonderful case with a clear message.

And yes, that sahi raasta and galat rasta dialgues are getting as boring and monotonous as "Chhotu hyala gheun ja" Embarrassed ... instead the message should have been to the guy who was marrying Namita that before trusting a girl whom he met online, she should have done a background verification on her...

Funny I was just telling my mother yesterday that you have to be careful with arranged marriage. I am skeptical of it. It seems like you look at someone's picture and based on how pretty they are you narrow the list down. Pretty shallow to me. So anyways I told her you have to date the man for a couple of years but first hire and private investigator and do a background check. I can be quite gullible sometimes...so it's smart to take all the precautions you can. Maybe hire 2 private investigators...second investigator investigating the first one... ROFL in case the first one is bought off by the scheming husband to be who wants to marry you for money. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 22 June 2013 at 1:54pm

butterfly7bgargateArieltabi

Go to top