India-Forums

Arjun
Arjun

Bad episode

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Was it just me or today's episode seriously sucked. Let me name a few reasons...
1) As soon as they said that the wife's body was not found I knew she was involved. So there goes the mystery from the murder mystery.
2) Arjun suddenly acting funny...what was with that? And were we supposed to believe that he always acts funny like that? Whenever other ETF members like Chottu say I'm hungry in the middle of a murder investigation, Arjun is the one to reprimand them and today he is doing the same thing others did. I am confused. Arjun's portrayal in today's episode just isn't the Arjun they have build since the beginning. I know that a person is allowed to be funny sometimes, that no one expects an individual to forever be serious but regardless today's episode just didn't have arjun's ring to it. 
3) As if it was not obvious enough that the wife killed her husband for money, they made it all the more obvious when they showed the newspaper.
4) How they solved the mystery...Arjun logged onto the wife's profile and viola...mystery solved because she had accessed it yesterday. Can I say lame? I mean seriously. 
5) The ending scene where the lotteri dulhan was all crying and saying her dastaan about how the man she loved betrayed her and that's why she goes around looting all bad men...seriously give me a break. What woman does not get her heart broken...the fact of our lives is that men are jerks. Yes not all of us has to go to jail but still. Boo hoo for you. I just did not sympathize with the whole crying thing she had got going on and I thought it was rather pathetic. If you can do the crime, then atleast own it. 
6) And I understand that in every episode they try to show you a message at the end like in today's Arjun says the speech about the wrong path and the right path and what not. I usually like Arjun's saahi raasta dialogues but today I just wanted to laugh and tell him to shut up. It seemed quite redundant...as if we didn't already know that the wrong path is well wrong. Maybe it was because the episode was so pathetic that I simply did not connect with the final message.
7) All in all...pretty bad episode. Maybe all the CSI, NCIS, Psych, Dexter, Mentalist has ruined Indian crime shows for me. Or actually I think they haven't been doing as good a job as they used to on the storylines. If you ask me they need a lot more of subtlety and a lot less of obviousness. I don't know why but all the Indian shows I watch everything is pronounced in big bold letters as if the audience is stupid and cannot read between the lines. 

If you ask me they need to blur the lines between good and bad. Explore the dark side a bit. I guess in a way they did try to blur the lines today by showing us that the lotteri dulhan had suffered thus she started committing crimes, but it was too lame and too tame. They need a serial killer in the midst to spice things up. The way they have serial killers in crime shows that stay unsolved for several seasons. That is the best way to explore the dark side and spice things up so it stays interesting. 

Edited by ---Nisha--- - 22 June 2013 at 12:14pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

debosmita2012tripti123princessaneekaarhifan4everpracticecalmkojagoryfanSamaira32butterfly7-Siaa-fatima15..Naina..kashishk_TaNi_DivineDarknessSilentSilversaritak

marnali04 Goldie
marnali04
marnali04

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
sry dont support your views.. bcoz humhesha ek type ki epi ho zaruri nehi hai.. kabhi change acchi hai.. aur jaha tak arjun ki badale hue behave ki baat hai.. wo ACP hai iska matlab ye to nehi ke humhe sa angry young man ki taraha hi rahe.. he is so cute today.. and we like it.. and the story is awesome .. its a new type of crime..with new type of reason ..  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvrainaartikrutishahVarshaLuvsArjun

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by marnali04

sry dont support your views.. bcoz humhesha ek type ki epi ho zaruri nehi hai.. kabhi change acchi hai.. aur jaha tak arjun ki badale hue behave ki baat hai.. wo ACP hai iska matlab ye to nehi ke humhe sa angry young man ki taraha hi rahe.. he is so cute today.. and we like it.. and the story is awesome .. its a new type of crime..with new type of reason ..  

Well looteri dulhan isn't exactly a new type of crime. And the reason is also not a new type of reason. It's quite mediocre which is the problem. Mediocrity is boring. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

practicecalm

Arieltabi IF-Rockerz
Arieltabi
Arieltabi

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged
I didn't like the case. It was very weak. I doubt the wife from the first. And if she wanted to marry that guy and settled in South Africa. Then why did she came back for her ex husband's property Confused .
And Arjun was completely out of his character today. Playing game in meeting? ???. When Shree used to do something like that or Chotu mention about He used to scold them. Then why he is doing this? Why this sudden change in his character.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

practicecalmkojagoryfanfatima15..Naina..SilentSilver

---Nisha--- IF-Dazzler
---Nisha---
---Nisha---

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arieltabi

I didn't like the case. It was very weak. I doubt the wife from the first. And if she wanted to marry that guy and settled in South Africa. Then why did she came back for her ex husband's property Confused .
And Arjun was completely out of his character today. Playing game in meeting? ???. When Shree used to do something like that or Chotu mention about He used to scold them. Then why he is doing this? Why this sudden change in his character.
That's right I forgot about about playing games during meeting. Absolutely out of character. Like I said no one expects anyone to forever be serious, but it is difficult to believe that someone who never does something like playing games during meeting, suddenly started doing it out of the blue.
And I didn't think about the other thing...why would she come out of hiding after seeing the newspaper only to marry someone. I don't think they explained that part well. From her monologue it didn't seem as if she was that interested in money, more in revenge. So if she didn't want her dead husband's money why come out of hiding at all. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

arhifan4everkojagoryfanlaila1994Arieltabifatima15..Naina..SilentSilver

arhifan4ever Groupbie
arhifan4ever
arhifan4ever

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Nisha---

Originally posted by Arieltabi

That's right I forgot about about playing games during meeting. Absolutely out of character. Like I said no one expects anyone to forever be serious, but it is difficult to believe that someone who never does something like playing games during meeting, suddenly started doing it out of the blue.
And I didn't think about the other thing...why would she come out of hiding after seeing the newspaper only to marry someone. I don't think they explained that part well. From her monologue it didn't seem as if she was that interested in money, more in revenge. So if she didn't want her dead husband's money why come out of hiding at all. 

@red
Absolutely ridiculous plot twist in today's episode!!! What did she think the police was? Stupid? People are stupid? She'd take the money and that very night marry somebody else and get the hell out of India??? Milind's death was enough a pain in the a** and now she thought she'd escape after turning herself in. Plain stupid and illogical!!! She could have secretly married that last guy and left. End of the story! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

butterfly7kojagoryfanfatima15Arieltabi..Naina..SilentSilver

butterfly7 Goldie
butterfly7
butterfly7

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:48am | IP Logged
you took words right out of my mouth, i think i need to stop watching english crime thrillers to continue to watch arjun, i mean really they give 10 bad episodes and then one good episode and that ratio is not good for the show...how come arjun and rathod become so comfortable and cordial with each other all of a sudden where the hell is the love that turned into hatered between them...they atleast show that that other members of the etf play some role in solving the case and have dialogs but the main female protagonist has nothing useful to say in the entire 45 minutes show, i know she is a crime reporter and not a cop but she does not even do what a journalist is suppose to do...and liza is seen once in a blue moon, if they could not handle so many characters then why bring them in the show in the first place.

now this show is working and is popular just because it has a beautiful cast and because the episodes shown in the beginning were way better and logical so that people can hope that they will get to see some awesome crime solving...they really need to buck up and especially the writters.

i completely agree with you, concepts like serial killing should be shown it would be really interesting to see the etf solve such cases...speaking of which where the hell did sikandar disappear, i mean seriously no clue or anything about him is yet shown in the show, its almost been a year that this show has been aired its high time they should start revealing something about the main villain.

all in all an okay and bellow average level episode. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

VarshaLuvsArjunkojagoryfanfatima15..Naina..SilentSilversaritak

kashishk IF-Sizzlerz
kashishk
kashishk

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Unfortunately I have to agree with you on some points and it is very saddening... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

arhifan4ever

Go to top