Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

India-Forums

whats the obsession with contemporary (Page 2)

bips IF-Dazzler
bips
bips

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MissSkeptic

I think with contemporary, it is perphaps easier to tell a story since the theme this week is family? With contemporary, typically, the song (including melodies, lyrics, beats, etc)and the dance moves are supposed to help you conveya story...They cant use like rumba or salsa as it would be difficult to narrate a family theme story in those dance forms?
</div>
And I love watching a good contemporary dance so I am not complaining!
I am sure there are many Indian dance forms that could have been used but I am too familiar with them to comment...<div>
I have not seen this week performances yet though!

When i first saw good contemporary on tv (did) i was completely in awe. But now, its like - yawn! Actually indian dance forms are all about story telling. You could trace back the origins of most indian dance forms as an attempt to tell a story rather than simply dancing.

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Tell me about it.. I am honestly tired of seeing the contestants perform contemporary over and over again. I've said this several times on the forum, and it's not because I love Freestyle and Hiphop myself.. but I really want to see people blending two dance forms! Like Hiphop with Bharatnatyum perhaps? which would give a taste of the West and the East. I remember America's best dance crew did that once. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Inferno-EnchantedForest

-Inferno- Goldie
-Inferno-
-Inferno-

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
I feel its because of the songs they select and the emotions that go along with it. Contemporary can easily portray love and pain extremely well compared to many of the other styles. Also it goes great with songs that have flowing beats like Manja or Iktara etc...get the point.
Another thing is that most of these choreographers have been trained in contemporary and that's their forte.

Now, I am not saying that emotions and songs can't be represented by dance forms such as hip-hop, ballroom, classical etc. But it's risky and it takes a great amount of effort to put such choreography together.

Of course things are getting repetitive with the constant blend of contemporary in everything but I think that the choreos are playing it safe and easy.
ForYourEyesOnly IF-Sizzlerz
ForYourEyesOnly
ForYourEyesOnly

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 2:47am | IP Logged
I feel irritated watching contemporary dance:@ lifting,jumps frm one side to another,i really dont get it!! 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index