Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Uttarakhand Floods-Relief fund links PG.1. HELP (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 8:09am | IP Logged

Which site is the best for foreign citizens to donate? Preferably one that accepts major credit cards. Firefox warns me that the Pmnrf link is unsecure. I hope it is safe to ignore and go forward.

One thing that really pisses me about India is the opportunism even during natural disasters. The thought that shopkeepers are gouging others is just so disgusting. Long back when I was new to the country, I was stuck almost 24 hours in the Houston airport during tropical storm Alison. In the morning the food court restaurants were rationing out bagel/donut/small sandwich and a cup of juice/coffee to everyone for free. This wasn't a serious disaster and they really didn't have to but they simply did. Americans can be ignorant assholes and selfish in many ways, but I've found that during disasters they really put their best forward. On the other hand I often feel, we Indians pretend to be almighty and cultured, but during disasters we show how selfish and self centered we really are.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

chatpati900.Shona93AbbaDabbaJabba.frostywezyuscharminggenieReal.MadridatominisDexterkilailafire_gundesicrowd

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Uttarakhand Floods-Relief fund links PG.1. HELP (Page 3)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

desicrowd

IF-Sizzlerz

desicrowd

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the info... Will help in whatever ways we can... Hope for the safety of the people out there...

AbbaDabbaJabba.

Goldie

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 8:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

AbbaDabbaJabba.

Goldie

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atominis

tvdekha.

IF-Rockerz

tvdekha.

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

. This wasn't a serious disaster and they really didn't have to ' but they simply did. Americans can be ignorant assholes and selfish in many ways, but I've found that during disasters they really put their best forward. On the other hand I often feel, we Indians pretend to be almighty and cultured, but during disasters we show how selfish and self centered we really are.

Had the exact same thought this morning.

.sariminoz.

IF-Dazzler

.sariminoz.

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
This is really sad...i will definitely contribute in it

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged
I suggest people should donate only to Government related relief funds. Media-backed funds and charities are not always trust-worthy.

Donate to PM's relief fund or some well known international/national organisation instead of media-backed "trusts".

Thanks for this thread, thanks for making it sticky! Everyone must be aware and try their best to come forward and help!

RIP to victims. Salute to jawans in rescue teams and other volunteers engaged in helping victims! I hope God gives strength to people of Uttarakhand, survivors and victims of the flash floods.

AbbaDabbaJabba.

Goldie

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:03am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top