Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
PMO website can be trusted, I don't trust any other website in this matter. We all should contribute as much as we can. I will do my bit for sure. 

And, really kudos to army for doing everything possible to rescue people. Respect 👏.

Thanks TM for this thread.
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Which payment methods do they accept? And do I pay to the relief fund on the pmindia.gov website? Is that the safe one? 

I hope those lost can be found and the family of the dead ones find peace. But most of all,  I really hope the government is proactive in saving those still alive and lost. 

P:S: Thanks for taking the initiative of making us all aware of this terrible catastrophe, SB. :)
Edited by Dexterkilaila - 10 years ago
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for this thread.

My Prayers are with families who lost their dear ones.if there is a way we can contribute to help those in need i would love to do that.

Edited by KARAN888 - 10 years ago
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is really sad...may they stay safe with their family!!!
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks , will do ...thoda bhi sahi par worth it ... 
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Which payment methods do they accept? And do I pay to the relief fund on the pmindia.gov website? Is that the safe one? 

I hope those lost can be found and the family of the dead ones find peace. But most of all,  I really hope the government is proactive in saving those still alive and lost. 

P:S: Thanks for taking the initiative of making us all aware of this terrible catastrophe, SB. :)

Dexter, there is a provision for people to donate from different parts of the world in https://pmnrf.gov.in/ but you can pay through net banking if you have an account in an indian bank.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Which site is the best for foreign citizens to donate? Preferably one that accepts major credit cards. Firefox warns me that the Pmnrf link is unsecure. I hope it is safe to ignore and go forward.

One thing that really pisses me about India is the opportunism even during natural disasters. The thought that shopkeepers are gouging others is just so disgusting. Long back when I was new to the country, I was stuck almost 24 hours in the Houston airport during tropical storm Alison. In the morning the food court restaurants were rationing out bagel/donut/small sandwich and a cup of juice/coffee to everyone for free. This wasn't a serious disaster and they really didn't have to – but they simply did. Americans can be ignorant assholes and selfish in many ways, but I've found that during disasters they really put their best forward. On the other hand I often feel, we Indians pretend to be almighty and cultured, but during disasters we show how selfish and self centered we really are.

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the info... Will help in whatever ways we can... Hope for the safety of the people out there...
Today, an IAF chopper crashed while the rescue operations were on in Uttarakhand. 8 people passed away including civilians!
Guys, finally found a website from where everyone can donate, be it in India or outside India. And it can be trusted because it is through Ramkrishna Mission-Belur Math...I trusted them and donated..you all can donate too..for people living abroad, you have to make donations in USD.

http://www.belurmath.org/donation_cca/single_donation.php?cat_id=5&reason_id=28