India-Forums

Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi...Meri Bhabhi
Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi...Meri Bhabhi

Lovely job from the director

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
I've been really touched by the way some scenes have been executed in the show so far.

1)Shraddha's phone call to her dad on his birthday

2)Amrit trying to cajole Zor when he's upset about Shraddha not calling...also Kittu trying to cajole Zor in the same scene.

3) Amrit talking to Zor about Shraddha's situation later in the night that day

4) Shraddha's scene with Dhruv when she gets him to coach her for an interview

5) Anand-Shraddha scenes...like the chocolate one...and then the recent one where they talk about her wanting to catch sunlight/dhoop in her hands

6) Brief bits like Amrit talking with Kittu about how a woman is stuck between her parents and her in-laws...it's hard to explain but the dialogues and scenes are SO naturally executedClap

And it's the director's touch...so I finally noticed his name in the credits...Mr. Siddharth Sengupta...the director of the outstanding Gulaal...no wonder...there is a sensitivity with which this man directs his shows...and it showsClap

The cast so far is promising, as is the story...there is a pathos in the story but at the same time a sense of positivity in which it's tackled...and with such actors as Kanwaljeet and Supriya ji in the cast, I hope the show lives up to the promise...I'm looking forward to watching more of such sensitively done scenes...and I hope Mr. Sengupta stays on with the show for a while atleast.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

AltameeraAbbaDabbaJabba.Ankita7diksha2711-RD--Wishes-niki_2293WaitForIt--naureen786-Ritu-sonali.19281-Swetha-

niki_2293 IF-Dazzler
niki_2293
niki_2293

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 10:00am | IP Logged
cudn't agree with u more...this show has some of the most emotional scenes so perfectly executed that it all seems to be real and not just fiction...
the director has truly done an outstanding job ...n hats off to the actors for being so natural at the same tym so heart touching!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankita7Shee_xaan-Swetha-AreYaar

sonali.19281 IF-Sizzlerz
sonali.19281
sonali.19281

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Anu.. so glad to see you are following this show.. Smile may get to discuss it with someone while I try getting some of my friends on boardLOL

hmm interesting I saw the director's name and was like Bong sensibility LOL but dk his body of work.. also Zama Habib is handling the screenplay and story and the guy can be good if given space..

speaking of the show in the last week.. I am totally in love with Kanwaljeet/ Zor and in fact his equation with Kittu and his Madamjee (till now I didn't figure Supriya's screen name was Amrit) .. I love all the scenes between the duo/ parents. there is this old-school feel to it.. like the good old day's shows. 

the bro- sis scene about the dhoop holding was poignant . All of last week was the buildup and establishment of the premise has been good with the climactic revelation on friday. I was looking forward to the scene where Zor finds out.. And wow was Kanwaljeet's reactions heartbreaking.. there was this pathos in his silence.. my fave bit is this silent understanding and volumes spoken btw Zor/ Amrit when he says Madamjee wo humare kamre mein rahegi and she assures him.. there was a lot of undercurrents to that bit. seriously what veteran actors can do to a good script..

the young cast is good and has pleasing presence.. one show that is looking good.. let's see how long.. I only hope the light/ positive feel remains - it does have the old DJs shows feel. loving the family moments and looking fwd to more.. each and every equation is cute. 

P.S the lil kid is naturally cute if you know what I mean. nice to see they havent overdone the cutesy- bits with him yet. I loved the bit where he goes - we could have had cake if we were with Nanu.. had me smiling.. that's innocence.. 

P.P.S Idk if its the physical distance with folks.. but I got a tad-bit emotional at the exchange between Zor and Shraddha on friday.. the softness in his fatherly authority was soo real.. Its like no matter how old a child is and is living their own battles- the parents tender touch in their voice of assurance/ support even from miles away gives this strength.. hard to explain.. its like the feeling of being sheltered even in your toughest battles.. 

Edited by sonali.19281 - 22 June 2013 at 10:58am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-AreYaar

Ankita7 Goldie
Ankita7
Ankita7

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you. The show's just a week old n I feel I have been watchin' the show for years now. it just shows how well I have connected with all the characters just within a week. I don't feel like watchin' them on tv. I feel like I m a part of them. this is one of the most realistic shows I have ever seen on tv.
and the show is well balanced also. Shraddha's issue is emotional n serious..so to add a bit of comedy, they have included kittu's mom n her tu tu main main with Zor. All in all, this is a show with a lot of potential. n it is not a typical saas bahu show. so I hope the audience accept the change n watch the show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niki_2293

cudn't agree with u more...this show has some of the most emotional scenes so perfectly executed that it all seems to be real and not just fiction...
the director has truly done an outstanding job ...n hats off to the actors for being so natural at the same tym so heart touching!!!

Very true...the writing/direction team is showing some very natural poignancy in the scenes so far...and the actors are amazing...hope the show continues like this.

-Swetha-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali.19281

Anu.. so glad to see you are following this show.. Smile may get to discuss it with someone while I try getting some of my friends on boardLOL

hmm interesting I saw the director's name and was like Bong sensibility LOL but dk his body of work.. also Zama Habib is handling the screenplay and story and the guy can be good if given space..

speaking of the show in the last week.. I am totally in love with Kanwaljeet/ Zor and in fact his equation with Kittu and his Madamjee (till now I didn't figure Supriya's screen name was Amrit) .. I love all the scenes between the duo/ parents. there is this old-school feel to it.. like the good old day's shows. 

the bro- sis scene about the dhoop holding was poignant . All of last week was the buildup and establishment of the premise has been good with the climactic revelation on friday. I was looking forward to the scene where Zor finds out.. And wow was Kanwaljeet's reactions heartbreaking.. there was this pathos in his silence.. my fave bit is this silent understanding and volumes spoken btw Zor/ Amrit when he says Madamjee wo humare kamre mein rahegi and she assures him.. there was a lot of undercurrents to that bit. seriously what veteran actors can do to a good script..

the young cast is good and has pleasing presence.. one show that is looking good.. let's see how long.. I only hope the light/ positive feel remains - it does have the old DJs shows feel. loving the family moments and looking fwd to more.. each and every equation is cute. 

P.S the lil kid is naturally cute if you know what I mean. nice to see they havent overdone the cutesy- bits with him yet. I loved the bit where he goes - we could have had cake if we were with Nanu.. had me smiling.. that's innocence.. 

P.P.S Idk if its the physical distance with folks.. but I got a tad-bit emotional at the exchange between Zor and Shraddha on friday.. the softness in his fatherly authority was soo real.. Its like no matter how old a child is and is living their own battles- the parents tender touch in their voice of assurance/ support even from miles away gives this strength.. hard to explain.. its like the feeling of being sheltered even in your toughest battles.. 

Hey SonaliSmile  Lovely to see you here too...hopefully we can get some nice discussions going...lol

I was also waiting to see the scene when Zor finds out and Kanwaljeet's actingClapClapClap...the LOOK in his eyes...not a single word but that LOOK...the pain in those expressions...that heartbreak for the daughter that is his world...so beautifully done.

I also wonder if I feel these scenes more emotionally now cuz of the physical distance from my parents, my father too...I couldn't hold back the tears in the father-daughter scene when tells her to come home...Kanwaljeet is SUCH a brilliantly natural actor...and the father-daughter bond is so poignantly shown...I feel a deep connect...I totally agree that it's hard to explain...but I was totally pulled into the scene and couldn't help but cry either cuz it made me badly miss my father, my brothers too...and it's very hard to explain as you move on to new phases in life or if you go through crisis in your own life that you don't want to burden  your parents with...this scene captured all those emotions...Shraddha's pain and inability to face her father, not wanting to shatter him...and his UNDERSTANDING in that moment...just telling her simply to talk to him...and then come home...

I also love Zor's scenes with Kittu...the tenderness and loving way in which he tells her she is his daughter...and the way Kittu dotes on him too.

Truly veteran actors make a world of a difference...like the silent understanding you pointed out when Zor says Shraddha will stay in their room...or even the way he tells his other DIL that Shraddha is not a guest...and Supriya ji toh...words can't do her justice...she is the ultimate loving mother figure on TV...you feel the warmth of her presence so strongly through the screen...and just the way simple moments are woven in like her talking with Kittu about a woman being pulled from both sides vis a vis her in-laws and her parents...and her whole life goes in this only...such a simply said thing but it strikes a chord.

DJs do come up with good concepts from time to time and I like the one they've picked in this show vis a vis a single mother and the way her family supports her...I hope the sense of naturalness and poignancy continues in the show...the lack of gaudy makeup and gaudy characters so far is refreshing...even Kittu isn't the typical decked up bhabhi...I love Amrit's styling too...not the typical saas...only minor irritants are Zor's other son and DIL...but let's see how the story picks up in the coming weeks with Shraddha being back in the Shergill house.

P.S. Forgot to mention...the director is one of the classiest directors on TV from whatever I've seen of his work...his sense of depth vis a vis showing the emotions of the characters in a scene is amazing...his body of work includes Balika Vadhu, Gulaal and Ek Chaabi hai pados mein.

Zama Habib is a nice writer as well...liked his work in SGP

Edited by AreYaar - 22 June 2013 at 11:16am

-Swetha-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RaghavLove

I totally agree with you. The show's just a week old n I feel I have been watchin' the show for years now. it just shows how well I have connected with all the characters just within a week. I don't feel like watchin' them on tv. I feel like I m a part of them. this is one of the most realistic shows I have ever seen on tv.
and the show is well balanced also. Shraddha's issue is emotional n serious..so to add a bit of comedy, they have included kittu's mom n her tu tu main main with Zor. All in all, this is a show with a lot of potential. n it is not a typical saas bahu show. so I hope the audience accept the change n watch the show.

@bold: Very true...you feel a part of the family...and it's rare to feel that connected to characters since most shows are so typical.

I'm also liking how Shraddha's issue is being shown...without typical melodrama...and despite the cliched title, the show is not a typical saas-bahu show as of now and I'm enjoying the way the relationships are being shown.

-Swetha-

sonali.19281 IF-Sizzlerz
sonali.19281
sonali.19281

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:55am | IP Logged
@Anu- totally.. am a sucker for good holistic discussion of a show that's worth it and rarely does a story telling open up so many underlying facets .. I have not seen any of the shows you mentioned of the director but what drew me was this layered story-telling.. most show these days are lateral in their storytelling.. for ex- there is this hint that Amrit is not Shradha's (and maybe Anand's biological mother) but little things like how Amrit is always this patient listener/ audience to Zor's numerous stories about Shradha's childhood, it almost gives out the essence that its new for her.. she was never privy to those experiences first hand. the only time she participates is the car bit where clearly they are talking of a time when all 4 kids were around. 

Also it opens up that maybe Zor got more attached to Shradha after he lost his wife.. where his single parenting was extended if Shradha never took comfort in Amrit. with Anand its a typical father-son equation but somewhere again (layered story-telling) they show Anand as a brooder more than  someone who expresses himself.. In those ways Kittu is a great companion.. the best ways to get someone like that to open up is to frustrate the crap out of that person with your yapping LOL like she did when he had the outburst regarding Shradha. she tries to balance out his introvert nature even with his parents. I LOVEEE Amrit- Kittu equation.. Supriya has such a calming soothing presence.. the way she even said sorry beta to Kittu after her mom left.. their equation is super cute. I saw Kittu's mom n then her mother in law and I was like tg she is better off with the Shergills. 

No matter an Amrit balances out Zor's racy temperaments and his moods as adorable as they are. Somewhere the father in him reminds me of Jassi's dad (I only saw the initial bits of that show) how he was this grumpy old man with the rest of the world.. but as soon as it comes to his daughter he is as soft as cotton. Zor is a toned-down version.. 

And WORD on Kanwaljeet's look as he found out- it was like this mix of disbelief, horror, pain, ANGER and sudden defenses drawn (the army moment) of taking charge as the leader and go for solution seeking right away. He will eventually break down with Amrit. And I feel you about the distance from parents thing.. its like you dont want them coming all the way for something that you think you can handle but its just their comforting presence sometimes you long for.. through daily life. and that's when even their voice on the phone is sooo reassuring. 

the aesthetics etc are nice .. I love Amrit's saris and the earthy accessories. I remember this shade of blue she wore - I loved that. It complements her calming nature and patience.. the young cast has good presence and are backed up by a good script - some of them need a little more time to come on their own. the side characters I think are shown a bit colorful, loud and inapt to keep SP flavor alive.. as long as they remain quite in the bg I dont mind. LOL am totally rooting this show for the veterans as of now. And of course I have seen Esha in Muktibandhan and am so glad she bagged this role. but in terms of story all the little equations have a lot of back stories to come up. will be an interesting watch

apologize for going on a rant hereTongue

Edited by sonali.19281 - 22 June 2013 at 11:59am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-AreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index