Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 305 Discussion: 22nd June 2013 (Page 6)

tanvismile IF-Sizzlerz
tanvismile
tanvismile

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
I feel RK fans so emotional but they cant see the show from madhu s angle only RK angle .While it really doesnt hurt me who is suporting whom becoz i watch the show for my favourate.

The worst part is madhu a katputhli of RK ?

war_is_peace IF-Sizzlerz
war_is_peace
war_is_peace

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by minu_8

Madhu may have forgiven rk and we were subjected to rk singing praises of how selfless and great she and her love is.. MF might laugh at me but I feel it's rk who is the more selfless one even if he himself doesn't think so and also incredibly kind..
Madhu's so called kindness sets my teeth on edge..
Whether he is at fault or not it wil always be him to bend.. When will madhu accept her faults? Will she ever???

@bold : u said it! i feel the same! he has always been the selfless one and in return he just wanted her to be his..only his...but madhu has this selfless love for the whole damn world...that's the problem...

actually before the unwedding madhu was selfless...that's the madhu rk has lived with all those months and that's the impression in his head about her...however it changed the moment Rk accepted that he cudnt understand that he always loved her...she started feeling like she understands him better and now its this myth that both have about each other which becomes the reason for their MU's

Edited by war_is_peace - 22 June 2013 at 3:52pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanthikobcbs_srkmasan1subashnisangeet6690hansa22river123armummysoni28sunflower52

river123 IF-Dazzler
river123
river123

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Its funny how RK keeps talking about his pati-vrata Madhu, his dharam-patni.    Feel like today was a slap in the face to those words.  Because she was not.   As a woman myself, an individual, wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, I really felt like she came up short.  And maybe the objective of this track is Madhu's journey to truly learning what the meaning of that is, of truly becoming the ardhangini.  But the introduction today was distinctly off-putting. This promises to be a tortuous track.  PH and CVs, get ready to bid goodbye some more viewers. Playing with the hero's image is one thing (in any case, he is like Teflon, people will love him regardless), playing with the heroine's is another.  Wide eyed soft tear filled innocent looks in a grown woman won't work with the audience for too long.   TRP women like to look up to the female lead as a somewhat aspirational role model. 

BTW, I loved what Shri said in her last post.  And to add my two cents, at this stage I care two hoots about Sultan.   I would have been thrilled if he had been shown to turn truly antagonist, with the couple ranged against him.  But thats probably not going to happen. And can I say that Meera's pink plastic toy is officially getting on my nerves.  

Edited by river123 - 22 June 2013 at 3:22pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanthikoClosetRomanticbcbs_srkpnarsapolloartemisdesigrl414subashnisangeet6690masan1hansa22armummyamrithassoni28sunflower520-SD-0zoya_naziyawar_is_peace_charu_leelaa9

armummy IF-Dazzler
armummy
armummy

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by river123

Its funny how RK keeps talking about his pati-vrata Madhu, his dharam-patni.    Feel like today was a slap in the face to those words.  Because she was not.   As a woman myself, an individual, wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, I really felt like she came up short.  And maybe the objective of this track is Madhu's journey to truly learning what the meaning of that is, of truly becoming the ardhangini.  But the introduction today was distinctly off-putting. This promises to be a tortuous track.  PH and CVs, get ready to bid goodbye some more viewers. Playing with the hero's image is one thing (in any case, he is like Teflon, people will love him regardless), playing with the heroine's is another.  Wide eyed soft tear filled innocent looks in a grown woman won't work with the audience for too long.   TRP women like to look up to the female lead as a somewhat aspirational role model. 

BTW, I loved what Shri said in her last post.  And to add my two cents, at this stage I care two hoots about Sultan.   I would have been thrilled if he had been shown to turn truly antagonist, with the couple ranged against him.  But thats probably not going to happen. And can I say that Meera's pink plastic toy is officially getting on my nerves.  

Nicely written River ...Pink toy is for us to remember that is she suffering from mental illness resulting from the betrayal of MK otherwise she is upper intelligent when talking to sultan ROFLROFL

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanbcbs_srkClosetRomanticmasan1sangeet6690subashnihansa22river123amrithaszoya_naziya0-SD-0_charu_war_is_peaceleelaa9

anastasia21 IF-Dazzler
anastasia21
anastasia21

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Everybody in this show pretty much need to stop whatever they are doing. What kind of sick maneuver is this! In order to accommodate Sultan in the story, they are now having him barge into a newly-weds life on the 2nd day after their wedding. I'm sorry, they say Sultan loves Madhu? I feel he doesn't have an iota of respect for Madhu. And he went to confront RK hoping to achieve what? Was RK sitting behind MK calling the shots, when MK had left Meera and married Radha or snatched away the baby? Did Rasheed ever imply that each one of the Kundra's were aware of and an active participant in the destruction of the biological mother's life. So the fact that his mother was wronged is not driving him. Its his unexpressed-rejected affection for Madhu in favor of RK and his subsequent rage against RK, now ignited by Meera's connection to a Kundra is what is driving him. Because, if he really wanted to restore his mother's respect, a wronged son would have never gone up against the other son, he would have straight gone up to the other wife/stepmother.

Madhu asking RK to sit down and talk with Sultan in peace is not only naive but also outrageous. Sultan didn't come in saying some xyz told me that RK stole my lunch and now RK will sit in peace to explain he might have not. This is an accusation that RK can never peacefully accept without wrecking himself, nor can he explain anything to Sultan to make him believe otherwise. Or does Madhu think, that after the accusation that Sultan threw today, after sitting with RK, he'll say, 'yeah I see your point'. If she wants to restore and protect her safe haven, for the moment, the best thing to do would be to close the doors and turn a blind eye. She and RK as well. Getting into a struggle with Sultan right away is like inviting a hydra-headed trouble inside your home. Some fights are not worth fighting for. As for Madhu rushing to call Sultan - putting your family first, selfishly even, doesn't make you a puppet. Rest of the world, my image, my self-respect, everything can go to hell, I'll stand like a shield in front of my family against the whole world, come what may. I can never discard Madhu, cause she forms the other half of what I love about this show, RK as a character works for me because the character Madhu is there to make it work. But in its entirety, the character is not flawed but is consistent in its inconsistency. Her loyalty to her sister wavered for her brand new friendship with Mukund, for which Shamsher paid the price. Her unconditional love and unbreakable bond with her mother wavered for her love for RK, so much that she was ready to marry without her consent and blessings. Her love for RK almost always wavers like a pendulum for hers, again a brand-new and dangerous friendship with Sultan. She reacts as if it is her first instinct but never stops to think about it even as an after thought.

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanarchiesviewClosetRomanticbcbs_srkMarathiMulgipnarsdesigrl414masan1subashnisangeet6690hansa22blacklamboriver123amrithasarmummy0-SD-0sunflower52zoya_naziya_charu_leelaa9

Shazzie IF-Dazzler
Shazzie
Shazzie

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Verdict of today's epi - Painfully Disappointing!!

What I liked -

RK's behavior - RK had suffered such a major setback of his life. His father is his idol & his role model. Even after his father's suicide & mother's re-marriage, He stopped talking with his mom but he had held his father's memories close to him. That image was shattered in every way by sultan. Even after setback, he is still standing, ready to fight with his brain at right place. Never for a single moment, he lost his control on the situation or broke down. He even made up a show in front of his mom. Although mom was not fooled, but his wife was. He has his thinking cap ON & next step planned! This is the MAN!! Macho man is not just muscles but in actual be a cry baby. He was all alone today, with his loyal supporter always with him. Bittujee -That is the loyalty & devotion which should hv been shown by a wife.

VD - What a awesome perf! Various shades from a angry person to a concerned son, to showing a natural & teasing side, consoling his wife, then to disappointed husband & finally a determined guy! Hats off to Vivian for showing such a varied expressions in few mins. Powerhouse of talent!!

What I did not like -

Sultan - I couldnot understand what was he crying for?? He has developed such a bond with his new found mum in a day. I understand anger & revenge but these bucket full of tears from a person who scolded his 5 yr old son NOT to cry!! Is it the same set of writers who have made this characterisation?? If channel is hoping that showing such tactics will make audience sympathize with sultan, then the channel is the biggest FOOL. Sultan is not accepted by viewers! Period! My hubby watches the show with me sometimes & he is not in category of a fan or obsessed with MEIEJ like me. He cant stand sultan & his tears & his illogical gold-heart. Whatever efforts Channel may put in, this character is not accepted. Hope they wake up soon before its too late & stop destroying their own successful show & most loved leads.

Madhu - I liked that she realized that its her fault that she brought sultan in their contact. But thats abt it!

I honestly tried to see madhu from a wife's point of view. Her hubby had a most severe attack on his honour & she is asking is all fine? She is suggesting to talk to the guy who spoilt the pooja, hit her hubby, attacked her husband's father, broke her late father-in-law's pic. Call me conservative, but this part is totally unacceptable to me. Leave aside all this- sultan threatened to RK - agar badle ki aag hoti toh us aag main teri chita jal rahi hoti". He said to madhu's husband this & she is still talking normally to that guy. Forget about a friend, ANY person says such thing to husband, then What is a wife's reaction?? Would any wife think of calling the guy & speaking nicely or in normal tone??

What will be a normal reaction of any TRP audience who luv serials like DABH. sathiya & YRKKH - DIsgust & change channel!

In their conquest to promote their fav person, They are destroying the show. If this is the current track, I ll be joining you in leave MEIEJ! What they show is decided by channel/PH! What we see is decided by remote in our hands!

RIP MEIEJ! You were good while it lasted!

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanarchiesviewClosetRomanticbcbs_srkdesigrl414masan1sangeet6690subashnihansa22river123amrithassoni280-SD-0sunflower52zoya_naziyawar_is_peace_charu_leelaa9

Payal_263 Groupbie
Payal_263
Payal_263

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
I really dont see any hope for Madhu's character development. Its never gonna happen, If it happens it will on the 999th episode.Ouch Cv's we know what you are doing. You are trying to satisfy both the fan group Angry and bloody hell It aint working,... Hear this CV"s .. Not working. 

.I only sense more and more friction between RM in this track. Nothing else..

What mahhanta.. Its pure stupidity.. Just feel bad for both VD and DD.. I really do.. 

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

bcbs_srkClosetRomanticmasan1desigrl414sangeet6690hansa22river123soni28amrithassunflower520-SD-0zoya_naziya_charu_war_is_peace

hansa22 IF-Dazzler
hansa22
hansa22

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anastasia21

I can never discard Madhu, cause she forms the other half of what I love about this show, RK as a character works for me because the character Madhu is there to make it work. But in its entirety, the character is not flawed but is consistent in its inconsistency. Her loyalty to her sister wavered for her brand new friendship with Mukund, for which Shamsher paid the price. Her unconditional love and unbreakable bond with her mother wavered for her love for RK, so much that she was ready to marry without her consent and blessings. Her love for RK almost always wavers like a pendulum for hers, again a brand-new and dangerous friendship with Sultan. She reacts as if it is her first instinct but never stops to think about it even as an after thought.

Very true Anastasia. Fully agree. I have always always loved both RK and Madhu. And loved Madhu's character equally, I cannot 'discard' her character like you said. The serial exists because of the two of them. Last night, I tried to remember the first episode I watched...it was the one where Madhu threatens RK with publishing those photos. And the wait that night...tense, taut. Uff, I was hooked to both the characters. 

Which is why it is so difficult for me to disconnect from the serial because i got so emotionally invested in both of them. Over time, hell, i am even invested in Dips and Sikky. 
But beyond a point, I refuse to subscribe to this kind of nonsense. It is so clear  what they are trying to do.  Even in terms of creativity, how can a creative house keep on re hashing the same thing again and again. 
madhu's reactions towards Sultan are not even natural...not even instinctive. Because instinctively, any individual tries to protect family, even animals have that instinct. And here Sultan has openly caused harm to her family...hurt her husband physically and emotionally. It is not even a threat, the damage is already done. 
I am not  interested in seeing madhu learn a lesson. Because the other character is spotless and blemishless, there is no chance for her to learn a lesson...that has been pre-decided by the channel and the PH. 

Shri, P...am joining you. And like you, I wish VD and DD much more than they're getting with this serial...am not talking about money or fame. These are two talented individuals who need better outlets for their talents. They are not needed as props for another character. 
Sorry guys, for this long rant. I better stop here. Seriously, I am no longer going to watch. I might read the LU and watch online at some point. But to deaddict, I need to do it cold turkey. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanbcbs_srkClosetRomanticmasan1apolloartemissubashnisangeet6690desigrl414anastasia21soni28river123amrithas0-SD-0zoya_naziyasunflower52_charu_leelaa9

Go to top