Originally posted by -The_Tomboy-Well well well!!! Wassup forumwasion??? Well to the weekly talk! And main hoon aapki host aur humesha ke liye is show ki anchor Gowri aka Furru (jo naam mujhe Dekha ek khwaab forum ke logon ne diya) but i prefer being KGP! You know initials! Anyways let me tell me something about this newww concept! Well it is basically a review show(actually topic) on the episodes of the whole week as it is the only time i get to watch the episodes! Well i hope you guys like it and i hope i can write in the future! Well this will be posted on saturday evening or sunday afternoon! If any changes like no review then it will be informed beforehand!
Now comming the actual topic the show: JODHA AKBAR!
Well as the name itself indicates it is about two people jodha, a rajput princess and akbar, the mughal emperor. It is not the first time that someone has made an attempt to interpret their story on the screen! Well it is the first on the small screen. But anyways... The film Mughal-e-azam was the first as far as i remember and then ashutosh gowariker's film jodha akbar.
Enough of intro, lets continue:
1) the concept: the concept or the plot is basically simple, unless madam ekta wants to complicate it like her other daily soaps. Jodha, a rajput princess is forced to marry Akbar the mughal emperor as a political alliance. She becomes a mere pawn between the two kingdoms and this story unravels how she changes the fierce akbar to the tolerant one.
2) lead actors: Rajat tokas is portraying the role of Jalaluddin mohhammed. And Paridhi Sharma, the role of jodha. The other characters are from ekta's regime(well that's what i call it) adn you must have seen them in the daily soaps!
Now the take:
1) the makbara scene : well the makbara scene was really well thought of actually, a new way to start the serial! Really creative and innovative although on google it shows a totally different place as his makbara. Then again it is a 'natya roopantaran'.
Agree with you on this one...it was different...quite innovative...liked the 'bhootuya/Shadow/aatma interaction of Jodha and Akbar...it was subtle and cute...
2) the entry of the young akbar: the young 15 yr old in reality did not look fifteen year old at all. I actually wish ekta would have done some more hardwork in finding a person for the younger akbar. The war scene looks very .. Hmmm mechanical but not realistic. Just wish it could have been a bit better.
Honestly...chote aur bade Jalal mein koi difference hi nahi hain...i agree that 15-22 years main features mein zyaada difference nahi hota...but still..I feel Akbar ke entry scene pe zyaada work karne ki zarurat thi,as i expected some grandness in the entry scene...
Koi nahi dear, bohut difference hain not one feature was matching and rajat ka entry was sooo thanda!!
3) entry of the adult akbar: well that was quite unexpected. Not upto the expectations of the viewers and i feel it could have been a bit better. Well hope will do better in the future. Hope so.
Same as above...
4) jodha's entry: well tooo childish if you ask me.. Well the first episode pari's acting was a bit immature but as the episodes went by i think she has improved.
Ye to Ekta Kapoor ka classic heroine ki entry ka scene hain...sab shows mein dikhati hain...to yahaan bhi dikha diya...entry tune was nyc,though...Honestly...Jodha running around the palace was not expected...and even more unexpected was the King,Queen,brothers and sisters running behind her...actually it was a complete Laughathon...
Yup typical daily soap entry! I would like it if she was duelling with soojamal and then she removes her pagdi and the cover!! Ahaaa!
5) the birthday scene and the sister talk: well sukanya is much more immature than i thought! And the fact that jodha is ladli is undigestable by her. Jodha's reaction when she says mughals should abduct you was very natural!the prithviraj raso thing,,, i like it!
Prithviraj Raso scene was a character detail..as Jodha loves reading...but Sukanya...koi princess itna chilla chilla ke baat karti hain kya...ghar nahi kabutar khana bana ke rakha hain...Jodha is much more sober...and pleasure to my ears...than Sukanya..
Yup thank god jodha is a bit subtle and sober because otherwise i would have murdered myself!
6) mandir scene: hahahahahahahahaha, this was my reaction! Ask why?? Because of the bgm! Typical ekta!! It reminded me of thise horrible daily soaps of hers! Man can't she work a bit or use the tracks she used for mahabharat?? They were better actually she did much more hardwork on mahabharat!!
Mujhe ek baat batao...jitne historical shows dekhe hain..usme dikhaya ki Rajputs ke bhagwan ya to Vishnu hota hain,Krishna hota hain,ya phir Brahma..ye Kali ma ki entry kaha se ho gayi...n even Jodha used to pray to Kanha...this scene was Ekta Kapoor chaap scene...honestly...and ya...she worked much harder on Mahabharat...are you reading this Ekta mam...
See .. Seee i thought the same thing but this is ekta's version so it was quite expected!! Too bad!!!
7) saguni bai: you know her face looks somewhat similar to sudha chandran. Now don't ask me who she is! Well that scene was quite nice except for the fact that the queen acting to me was a bit overacting! Well i am serious.
Absolutely...mujhe laga ki Mainavati ka kuch zyaada hi ho raha tha haan...bekaar ka over react kar rahi hain...ufff maine channel change kar diya yaar...yaad mat dilao mujhe...
I did not understand how to control myself from sarcastically taunting her!
8) jodha's lalkaar: aahaaa! That was nice but not so much because that was the time there power went!
Personally,mujhe ye scene acha nahi laga...bahut fake laga...koi dum nahi tha...she might be trying hard,but it did not touch my heart...
Well maine toh woh part dekha hi nahi!!
9) akbar's want for jodha was described or could be known by the way he was talking to the sainik itself! Well someone opis mesmerised!
Kuch zyaada hi bada chadakar nahi bata raha tha woh sainik...uski haalat dekhi thi maine mandir main...waisa kuch bhi nahi lag rahi thi,jaisa description woh de raha tha...kuch overdose of Jodha's beauty description ho gaya tha iss episode main...ab Jalal kare bhi to kya??
He did not see her properly but still he was describing her . I was like kya imagination hain baap!! Khatarnaak!!
10) the practice was really awweeesooommmeee! Hayyeee! Rajat reminded me of the old days when me and my sister used to act like we were sword fighting with scales of metal!! Well he is extremely talented!
Truly...reminded me of Prithviraj and DharamVeer days...Rajat was good in this scene...it was very good...
Yaa mee too it actually reminded me of the scene where veer and dharam were practising actualling dualling and rajat was in that dark greenish dress! Hayyyeee!
11) well i know her mother is concerned but still it was a bit over reacting if you ask me. Dragging her and giving her a wash, when her friend is extremely sick and is fighting for life! But again she is a mother!
Kuch nahi bolungi...bahut hi preposterous sa scene tha...just won't say anything...
I said it for you anyway!!
12) sujamal jodha talk: well i was expecting a sword fight you know! But now that chance is somewhere on the moon or wait on the mars! I can sense it! Well the way jodha and sujamal spoke showed how truly they care for each other and the way jodha was praising her was cute!
I too expected the duelling scene...but did not happen...just wait,aur kya kya will not happen,thanks to Ekta maata...
Ya sooo true ektaa maata ki jai!
13) all the later rajat scenes: the scene where he goes to see the horses and his reaction to one of his courtiers insulting bairam khan is awesome! Really! And well how lucky was that horse and that horse was beauty! The scene where he tries to abduct that woman and he threatens her husband and her actually scared me because i never saw rajat in that form! Well again i was scared ( i wish rajat was there to protect me! *day dreaming*) the scen where is talks to bairam khan about capturing the rajputs and bairam khan teaches him how to actually tackle ppl actually shows the brainchild of akbars character was bairam khan! Evil! I tell you!
Kuch zyaada hi tha haan...yaar bahut zyaada hi raw and not-so-civil...Rajat..aap sweet ho isliye...thode se psycho role main kuch zyaada hi intolerable lagte ho...jaldi se badal jao...zyaada dino tak bad boy hajam nahi hoga...
I love rajat in any form! *blush*
14) all the later jodha scenes: well she is a good actress! Cute! The way she reacted on sujamal on not getting selected, her sadness, her grief was beautifully portrayed! But could have been better!
Haan...bilkul sahi thi...achi lag rahi thi...I liked her..
I liked her too!!
15) the scenes of other ppl aka her immature sisters: well they are annoying and the way they tease each other is agghhh! Well the scene where that princess gets smitten by the looks of the prince shows that she sees people externally and does not care about personality of a person!well i am no one to judge!
Yaar...the sisters are indigestible...i think Jodha par zyaada focus karna chahiye...these sisters are too much to take in a single episode...
Well it looked like they had a sack full of candy and caused them to do some hyper acting like small kids!
Well those were my thoughts on the scenes and you must have noticed i did not mention everyscene because i did not find it that important! Now some suggestions:
1) language: pls improve the hindi. It is really very modern! If not too much improvement a little improvement is needed! The urdu is fine!
Sachchi yaar...muh ki baat chin li...inse achi shudh hindi hum achi tarah se bol payenge...PH..hum aapse darkhwast kar rahe hain...ki agar aitihasik kahaani dikha rahe hain,to bhasha pe maehnat karni hogi...
I actually wrote that in my first post on this forum but thought it was important so wrote about it again!!
2) the direction could have been better and also the camera angles and shots because the palace and all do not look very realistic but look like settings!
3) palace of jodha could have been bigger! Because it basically looks like a big mansion and not a paace because of the gate and many other things!
4) dresses for jodha and her mum needa little bit more grandeur! They look very plain and simple yet elegant but needs a bit more grandeur!
Seriously...kya ho raha hain...lagta hain 400 saal purane kapde laake diya hain...Clothes bahut phike hain...there is no regality or royalty-ness in it..
5) the makeup: th simply do not understand why they have spoiled rajat's best feature by applying soorma!! His eyes! His eyes speak when he acts and the soorma is not helping it!!
Arre...tumhe samajh nahi aaya..extra soorma extra villainy dikhane ke liye hain...jitna woh kam villain hota jayega,utna hi uska soorma kam ho jayega...don;t worry...
Well that's all for today! And yes dooo like and comment! Tell me what you thing and what you don't ! On what you agree on what you don't every thing is welcome! And sorry for such a long post! The first one right so thought i should give some intro next time will be a little shorter! (little how much can't tell)
About the controversies i am actually sick of it! I know ppl do not like it and stuff but then why did they not protest during mughal-e-azam?? Well if not like historical enjoy it like a fiction na! Even great movies stars did it with other things! Maybe they did not mention it in the official documents but then there was someone! Who knows?? History is a mystery and we are just mere people who have not even witnessed it and are just hearing it from someone if we would have seen it by our own eyes then there would be no blunders and the world would be perfect but it is not right? Well we should not take too much headache this will be only for some days and then will cool off ! Indian mentality! Well i hope you like my post! See you next week! Do suggest and criticize but no bashing pls!!! See you next week until the bientt! And bonne nuit!!!