Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Sultan's character strength... (Page 9)

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eminent

Wow where have you been? lol... Lovely write up!!
I stopped watching this show after Rk & Madhu's marriage... I was so upset at Madhu's character... I still am.. But I did manage to catch a glimpse of yesterday's pooja fiasco and gosh... it's just absolutely heartbreaking! I can't help but compare the lives of the two brothers- one always seemed to get whatever he wanted in life  and still manages to be the snobby & and down right mean offspring of Mohan kundra while the other struggled  & often got the short end of the string but still kept his composure and positivity in life.

It just broke my heart when Rk kept insulting Sultan calling him 'najaayaz & ghanda nali ka keera'... It makes me despise Rk and actually I'm starting to dislike Madhu even more... How could she listen to Rk say such vile things to someone that was perhaps once her friend... and forget friend those are mean things to say to anyone but she still did nothing... When Rk humiliated & insulted Madhu it was none other than Sultan that stuck up for her... gosh this makes me upset!

I hardly ever come on IF now but you wrote so beautifully about Sultan's character, so I just had to comment!

Thank you Embarrassed

The reason that I stopped watching was because of how Madhu returned to RK for the umpteenth time. Everything glamorous aside, I do not believe that what Madhu and RK have is a healthy relationship. I was a bit disgusted that writers presented a message that encouraged women to stay in unhealthy relationships with manipulative and emotionally abusive men.

When I started watching Madhubala, she came across as a strong woman with an independent mind-set. Someone who'd never take anything from anyone -- not twice. But she has changed a lot since then. I do feel that her character has been weakened by the writers. They've turned her into a woman who continues to return to a man whose nature cannot change [as was proven yesterday] and she seems almost obsessed with him -- fearing that she'll make a some mistake and lose him. Which I find ridiculous. Madhu has sacrificed more than most in order to prove herself to him.

However, I've decided to ignore that part of the show and focus on the part that revolves around Meera and her son. Despite being a gangster with blood on his hands, Sultan has displayed a stronger sense of care and concern toward family and people around him. E.g., his instant and constant care for his mother, and his attempts at being a more expressively caring father.

Furthermore, the contrast between him and RK is remarkable. Sultan does not have a manipulative mind or scheming nature -- he speaks the truth and to the extent that it bothers him when people don't believe him.

One of the scenes that I found most interesting was how RK was the one to not think of Madhu and toss the metal bar, not Sultan. Sultan wouldn't have tossed it because he would've been aware that it could've hit Madhu, or someone else. The writers know what they're doing and they have the characters in character for which they deserve praise.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Zindayalnewveeeminentmozart66alovi_21gennyMAnu-Reddy

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by flutterby

ana... i cant believe... i caught you here... Big smile i am amazed... Big smile pls come on the AR AT... as well.. whenever you have the time... Big smile

Flutter, tu yahan bhi aagayi, kamini Embarrassed

It's good to see you, sweets Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mozart66flutterby

Zahra123 Senior Member
Zahra123
Zahra123

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:36am | IP Logged
In many posts i read some people refer Sultan as sadakchap. last night's episode was a tight slap for them. what a dignified person he is. and he respects people unlike so called sophisticated rk lol (even when typing sophisticated rk made me laugh sounds as a joke) rk who loves madhu uses her to get to sultan. that totally proves rk is a meholon mein rehne wala ek sadakchap.
now that is what i call word backfired. sultan is not a sadakchap but rk himself is hahaha way to go CV's loved it.

P.S. Love thread opener for this thread. beautifully written and summed up sultan.

Edited by Zahra123 - 23 June 2013 at 5:42am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ZindayalN.bhavnamozart66ElysiaAnu-Reddy

tanvismile IF-Sizzlerz
tanvismile
tanvismile

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Hi ;Superb post .I m glad there are people who can see goodness in sultan . Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mozart66alovi_21ElysiaAnu-Reddy

newvee IF-Dazzler
newvee
newvee

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 5:52am | IP Logged
What can i say about this post. Speechless!                              And elysia if u dont mind u can join us in sultan AT. You will find lot of like minded people there.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Zindayalmozart66ElysiaAnu-Reddy

Ani_98 IF-Dazzler
Ani_98
Ani_98

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Elysia, I can see you are back with your talented writing Big smile
Love your post and agree with everything you said. Sultan is the only character at the moment worth watching and following. Love the depth and shades the actor is able to give his character. Love the relationship between Sultan and his mom...great chemistry. Smile

He is a great actor and will do well. I believe PH and the writers on the show, know that they got a interesting character and an actor who is able to give more than one expression throughout a scene. Smile

For me Sultan is the only character that make sense.  I thought Madhubala was supposed to be a strong woman, but she keeps coming back to an "abusive" husband. Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mozart66ElysiaAnu-Reddy

alovi_21 IF-Dazzler
alovi_21
alovi_21

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged
best moment showing how much good Avi /sultan in his expression n the best moment yesterday , Heart touching loved this moment I don't know how many  time I watched it, I really felt give him a hug. sweetest moment

Edited by alovi_21 - 23 June 2013 at 7:52am

N.bhavnamozart66gennyMElysiaAnu-Reddy

-brokensoul- IF-Sizzlerz
-brokensoul-
-brokensoul-

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Very well written, calm and composed.

Lovely writeup and U have analyzed Sultan's charatcer so well. There was a time after his entry he was sidelined and kind of paused on his character development. But if we look at the character graph now I feel it is very well crafted.  And the relationship he has with Madhu too has been very beautifully sketched.

the question that is coming to my mind is is his character a negative character???LOL Is he the vilian of the show??LOL

mozart66gennyMElysiaAnu-Reddy-Nafisa-

Go to top