Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Elysia

Gah, I remember, yaar. I remember them all too well. I miss those days.

Indeed. It's intriguing. I mean, imagine a kid who has grown up in the kind of environment as Sultan and lacked a paternal role model as well as love. It isn't easy for him to show fatherly emotions toward his own son, because he's never known it himself. But he's trying hard and that's the most beautiful thing about him. He doesn't want to be his father. He doesn't want to abandon his child.

It's going to be an interesting journey for Sultan. And yes, Madhu did change a lot for him. She taught him something valuable about love and relationships.

@Bold: BANG ON!!! That's exactly what I wanted to say!!! Sultan doesn't know too many emotions and certainly does not know how to express them openly to the people around him. But he would NEVER EVER abandon his own child, his duties and his sense of justice.
shreya.26biswas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
elysia luv ur post dr...n thank u for ur calm ans to sultan bashers
gennyM thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Wow!What a post.Ages since ive read such a beautiful character definition.The exact same reasons why i fell in love with the character Sultan.
The writers have hit the goldmine with his character and Avinesh Rekhi has nailed it.πŸ‘
mehurocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it's awesome postπŸ‘ you were beautiful portrait sultan character ...πŸ‘πŸΌ Edited by mehurocks - 10 years ago
Anu-Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
What can I say about your post...awesome πŸ‘.
You had to remind me of Dutta . Sultan is so much like him and I guess his past is even more sad than Dutta's was. I loved and loved Dutta's character and same with Sultan. The more i watch him, the more I love him. He is just one amazing character and understanding him is not everyone's cup of tea. No wonder there are so many bashing him around, but I guess thats the uniqueness of his character , which needs deep understanding to see what he really is.

That tear took my heart away too. I was just bowled over by him yet again in that one scene. He was just par brilliant and an amazing actor. Thoroughly enjoyed his journey in this show and looking forward for more of him. I just cant get enough of his story.

The writers need a πŸ‘ for penning down such an intriguing character.

Thanks once again for such an indepth analysis of the man.
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You're one talented writer. I love the way you write😊

and yes, they have developed Sultan's character beautifully. And yeah, the bond between Madhu and Sultan is what pulled me towards them. And I am glad that even after the wedding, the CVs have kept that bond intact. 

As for Sultan falling for madhu, well, I can only say "pyar kiya nahin jaata hai, ho jaata hai". He fell in love when he thought that RK didn't mean anything to her anymore, for she had herself told him that he now meant nothing to her...

Yes, if he had acted upon his feelings in spite of knowing about Madhu's feelings for RK, I would have regretted that. But once he understood his place in her life, he backed off. As he should. But the bond remains...That is what I love about the two of them...
bidz thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Rasmi24-

why does sultan eyes madhu? He knew that madhu loves RK still he kept on eyeing madhu? interfering in RishBala matters? A gangster who kills people make wives widow has respect for women how? isn't he the one for whom a wife loosed their husbands?

one day he remembers his wife the very next day he falls for madhu? even after knowing madhu loves RK πŸ˜³ he tells madhu I'm ur friend then after visiting dargah he falls for her.!! wow πŸ˜΅

when he fell for her, he didn't know she loved RK. That is a fact. Once she told him, he backed off. He is now in their life for his mother, not because of madhu. He was going to leave town after Madhu told him she is going to marry RK because she loves him.

Yes, he remembers his wife. But his wife has been dead for 5 years. He can remember her, but he also has a right to move on. Even after you move on, you can still look back fondly at your first love. That is life.

I know you hate him, so I don't know if this will really make any difference. But if you just opened your eyes for even a minute, you'll see there is some truth in what I am saying. They may turn Sultan negative, or they may not. But from what has been shown so far, he has not wronged Madhu in any way. 
mocking_bird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Loved your post. Yes,it is true that his is a complex character. But,the beauty lies in its complexity. The focus has finally shifted to him and we are getting to know him at a deeper level. Bringing in his mentally unstable mother also showed another facet to his character and a new relationship has developed and maintained in a beautiful way. He has excelled as a father,a son,a friend. Even though his patience has been tested in so many different ways by so many undeserving people,still his inherently good character remains intact. I still hope that his sense of judgement will stand by him and he will not flounder in judging Madhu after today's cheap tricks that are brewing in some one's mind.
MelissaSofia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree. Sultan has amazing chemistry with others. And him himself is a amazing actor! He just needs a chance! I think a character like him was what the show needed! 😊
bidz thumbnail

Originally posted by: teletubby

oh c'mon!

now dat he showed his inane violent streak,,,he's developed character strength!!πŸ˜›

he always had character strength. Restraining yourself or letting yourself lose as the situation demands is nothing but that. It has not been developed suddenly because he hit RK. I agree that barging into RK's home in that fashion was a bit dramatic. However, that's what drama is all about.

n he n madhu hav a respectful understanding!!! weh did dat happen??πŸ˜• wen madhu shouted n threw him out fr ruining things fr her by unnecessary n unwanted interfereing,,,,entering her bedroom in disguise (ya respect right!!!)

That bond and understanding between the two of them have been established from day 1, the day she saved Aryan. Yes, she threw him off, and he respected that and wanted to move out of town. But my take on the situation is different than yours. Yes, she asked him to get out. But it was not because she thought he is a deplorable person. She did because she was in a state of panic. She thought that because of him RK would yet again leave her. So the shout was more due to fear of losing her love, than finding Sultan deplorable.

n he acted as a frend πŸ˜•,,,,then why was he so shell shocked n disoriented wen madhu revealed her changed feelings dat day!! also he was replaying dargah scenes whil driving back n banging th steering wheel...he shud hav been happy dat madhu was not taking revenge but accepting hr feelings!!

Because Madhu had told him that this was all a revenge and that she hated RK. So this sudden turn around left him shocked. As for his reaction, he was angry at himself for falling in love with her when she loved another man. He even told himself "sabse bada bewakoof hoon main". 

this strong character shud learn to survive in th show widout hanging onto RK n his life one way or other n develop his own story n life...1st via RK's woman n now via his dad!!!πŸ˜‰

well, his own story is only being developed. But hey wait, I thought you guys want him out of the show?? 

really u guys jus don wanna see things ny other way!!

See I am a sulbala fan. Sulbala now (to me) doesn't mean a love relation anymore. For the day she married RK, I am realistic enough to accept that she is RK's. But the bond that they developed just doesn't go away. It can only go away if one of them destroys it. But so far none of them has done that. That is the bond due to which she thinks there is truth in Sultan's words, for she knows that he wont lie for the sake of lying.