Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

Making a daily show

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:58am | IP Logged
There are close to 200 people involved in making a daily soap 

So every episode of Saraswatichandra that we see, is the result of effort of almost 200 people working hard day after day! 

Here's a look at some of the roles involved in making a daily TV show- 

Stage 1 - pre-production stage - the stage before the shooting begins 

The people involved in this stage are : 

Casting director

Producer

Costume designer

Make up artist

Set designer

Location manager

Director

Story writer

Screen play writer 

Story editor

Researcher 

Music director

Lyricist

Singers 

Dialogue writer

Finance and Accounts

Stage 2  - Production stage 

During this stage actual shooting of the episode takes place 

The people involved in this are 

actors

Sound engineer

Cinematographer 

Floor manager

Graphics engineer 

Electrical engineers

Stage manager

Production manager

Control room team

Lighting technicians 

Rigging technicians

Vision mixer

Television director 

Stage 3 - post production stage - after the shooting is over, getting the show ready for airing comes under post production

People involved in post production work are : 

Colorist

Video editor 

Sound editor

Publicist 

Title sequence designer

Publicist

PR team

This is just a small list of many people who come together and work to produce a show

It is the joint effort of many many people that is responsible for the 22 minutes we get. 

Let us appreciate all of them esp those who work behind the scene tirelessly yet are not recognized or lauded for their effort 

This list is from Wikipedia and actual job titles for Indian TV industry may differ. 

Njoy!!!

Edited by arshicritic - 23 June 2013 at 2:32am

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

prekhrajAltameeraBristiDtruptishreeshubsmayurhotdoggaarti_guptatharun123psam4-Pro-meriyaarkittenloverohmygodurgreat-Ivy-NietzyS.StephyArshig8ShanUlascandykrushInfofan..Rish..-B.N.K-...Jes...Nikki_Titli

candykrush IF-Sizzlerz
candykrush
candykrush

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:12am | IP Logged
hmm..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

psam4Arshics

ShanUlas IF-Sizzlerz
ShanUlas
ShanUlas

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:16am | IP Logged
yes ...and then at last we get an episode ...that too is sometimes just a khichdi

but then i salute them all ...and request director and actor to give best episode in the end ...coz its their final touch that acually makes the hard work of these 200 hundred people pay off

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psam4

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shana0127

yes ...and then at last we get an episode ...that too is sometimes just a khichdi

but then i salute them all ...and request director and actor to give best episode in the end ...coz its their final touch that acually makes the hard work of these 200 hundred people pay off

Shana, its the director and producers who have the complete picture and plot the whole thing so as to say.

The actors too have a limited role, yet the widest exposure, and get most of the accolades as wells as brickbats.

but they have the limitation that they can only deliver what they get, and behind their success or failure there is a whole chain of work that we cannot see.

The actors too are but cogs in the giant machine!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shubsmayurNietzyInfofan

Rachna_06 IF-Dazzler
Rachna_06
Rachna_06

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:38am | IP Logged
First of all, thank you for this lovely post. So thoughtful of you to have posted this, and crediting all those involved behind the scene. Sometimes, we tend to forget that there are so many people who are involved to give us a wonderful piece...
A huge round of applause, a standing ovation and grand salute to everyone behind the sceneClap Three Cheers to SaMudClap Hip hip HURRAYParty

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshics

-B.N.K- IF-Stunnerz
-B.N.K-
-B.N.K-

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:39am | IP Logged

My respect goes to the viewers of the show.people who do not get paid for their time.they pay for the entertainment and as return they get ignorance or sometime completely cheated.

i appreciate that they work so hard and make a show real and all but  also expect them to do better job.creative work like this has to be done by creative  people or people who believes in professionalism.but what ever i m watching lately is not want i call creative work or professional .so my request or advise to those 200 people and actors or the chai wala .. get ur shit right and work like u mean it.or stay at home and find something u care about.

dont give me excuse that we shoot everyday and make changes ,channel and TRP .if everyone  can do it u have to do it.ur not the only one working here.sloppy and half baked stuff is  unacceptable. Big smile

thank u .

@arshi ,...trying very hard to enjoy

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshig8ArshicsNikki_Titli

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rachna_06

First of all, thank you for this lovely post. So thoughtful of you to have posted this, and crediting all those involved behind the scene. Sometimes, we tend to forget that there are so many people who are involved to give us a wonderful piece...
A huge round of applause, a standing ovation and grand salute to everyone behind the sceneClap Three Cheers to SaMudClap Hip hip HURRAYParty

so true dear, there is a lot of background work that we are not aware of, that also needs to be appreciated
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -B.N.K-

My respect goes to the viewers of the show.people who do not get paid for their time.they pay for the entertainment and as return they get ignorance or sometime completely cheated.

i appreciate that they work so hard and make a show real and all but  also expect them to do better job.creative work like this has to be done by creative  people or people who believes in professionalism.but what ever i m watching lately is not want i call creative work or professional .so my request or advise to those 200 people and actors or the chai wala .. get ur shit right and work like u mean it.or stay at home and find something u care about.

dont give me excuse that we shoot everyday and make changes ,channel and TRP .if everyone  can do it u have to do it.ur not the only one working here.sloppy and half baked stuff is  unacceptable. Big smile

thank u .

@arshi ,...trying very hard to enjoy

ya Toni, there are two side to the coin, but we viewers always have the power to walk away! we have no compulsion to stay but our love for the show.

we are the customers, who can chose to not buy by staying away . but as long as the value of the product - in this case the viewing experience is worth the cost - being our time, we will be here.

I think lets look at it from a large perspective and balance the good with the bad, if the good>bad, we stay on, else we move on!

at the end of the day, it has to appeal and make sense to us, when it stops doing that, viewership drops and show gets cancelled.

SC is still a long way off from that, i still feel that good>>>> bad, the show still has a hold on me, the day that reverses, will be the end of SC for me!

there are large gaps in the execution, quite a few negatives, but the positives far far outweigh them, it still has a compelling narration and great emotional impact, acting, set design, dialogues are some of the big positives for me.

and that it is attempting to translate a very powerful epic drama to screen is fascinating,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shubsmayurNikki_Titli

Go to top