Dil Ki Nazar se Khoobsurat

Insensitive and Heartless...

Abhishek_5 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi!

This is my first post on the "Khoobsurat" forum. I am sad that this is a tragic one.

The episode telecast on Friday, the 21st was an extremely distressing and heart-wrenching one! Obviously, we all are sad and deeply hurt. But, that should not prevent us from criticising the CVs and their ruthless plot. The primary question that we should ask ourselves is that how can the CVs be so insensitive and ruthless as to kill an innocent character which they themselves had created and nourished over time. In other words, when we as the distant yet attached and appreciative viewer can feel so sad at these turn of events, dont the CVs who created and moulded the character of Madhav feel any affection or fondness towards him? 

Firstly, I may sound too idealistic when I say that each character created by the CVs should have a special place in the heart of the creators, but if we can like the character from the bottom of our heart, how can the CVs be so insensitive as to decide to leave that very character which they created, bleeding and dying - without any requirement from the plot to do so? Perhaps, the CVs are attached only to TRPs and sponsors rather than the characters. Shameful, to say the least.

Secondly, in recent times, CVs have been seen to derive sadistic pleasure ( in other words, pleasure of a jump in TRPs), by killing young, innocent central characters in the most cruel and shocking ways. Cant the CVs end plots and sub-plots on a positive note? Where have the "and they lived happily ever after" stories gone? Dont the viewers deserve a smile when the last episode is telecast so that they can carry fond memories about the show forever? Perhaps, the makers and CVs did not 'live' this story as the viewers did. Tragic, to say the least.

Thirdly, how much longer should we sit and be mute spectators of the CVs' manipulation, cruel tactics for TRPs and insensitive and heartless plots? Dont we have a share and say in the show as consistent and sincere viewers? Frustration and anger, to say the least.

Please stand up and make your disagreement, discontent and anger LOUD & CLEAR.

Please share your views.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nb.neha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
that was beautifuly expressed. creatives are the ones who etch the character and nurture it. and then they kill it. well the only answer to your question is there is no room for emotions these days. sadly, things have become very fake, superficial, mean and emotionless. all they want is TRPs and they can do anything to get the numbers. they can even kill their own creativity for that.

i believe Ekta Kapoor is far mor better than other producers and actors. she not only makes her main leads look beautiful and loving but also sees to it that they remain in the hearts and eyes of the viewers. separation tracks are shown but then the couple get back, death is shown but the story is twisted and the loved character gets back to life. whatever u say but she listens to the audience's hearts and wishes. 

secondly, i really dont understand the trp system. its killing the essence of TV and story telling. on one hand viewers are getting so attached to the characters and their fav actors, we have forums to discuss, we have access to FB and twitter profiles of the actors, directors and producers, fans are coming closer to each other and their fav actors as well AND on the other hand channel people and the PH are killing the essence and also hurting the sentiments of the fans for numbers.
why cant they just have a stipulated time for their show, a specific story line, specific time period and then end the story like a story book ends. that's it. with this the actors wont be made to leave the show before hand and the fans wont be disappointed also. actors would know when to start searching for new work and more stories would come up as well. moreover good shows wont be axed just because of the trps.

m really gonna miss Rohit now. have been so upset since the news was out and now even more upset. feels like something is missing. he's fabulous in his work. all the roles he has taken till now has been unconventional and have been welcomed as well as loved by the audience. he managed to overpower the well welcomed jodi of veer and iccha in Uttaran with his entry as vansh. people started drolling over vansh and loved watching him with Iccha. he managed to gather a huge fan following as Dhruv in MJHT even when his character was there to separate the main couple--Nupur and Mayank. and then even in Dor he managed to woe us Bhaskar.
Ehsaas is an addition to the love Rohit has spread with his work. gonna miss watching him now...hope he comes soon.
Edited by nb.neha - 10 years ago
princessglory thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
very gud post and i am also very upset 
Tohru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice post
but i blame the TRP system & The Sony tv
the CVs & PH started the show with great concept every character is unique Aradhya , Madhav, Rahul, Bharti & they are carrying the story good but again the TRP greed make the channel interfair the CVs to change the story again & again with turn & twist even Madhav character death is also demanded by the Channel
This TRP system is base & unfair it should be stoped if the channel really respect the viewers sentiments
cuteheena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yup also i hate trp system
rtms thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nice post.madhav/ehsaas was nt only a strong character but an outstanding character in the show yet cv's didn't explore him properly.with his end the show has lost its uniqueness.nw it jst another show where they r going to centralise madhav's aradhya with the typical indian tv norms.❓y? its for the mass🤢

Abhishek_5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nb.neha

that was beautifuly expressed. creatives are the ones who etch the character and nurture it. and then they kill it. well the only answer to your question is there is no room for emotions these days. sadly, things have become very fake, superficial, mean and emotionless. all they want is TRPs and they can do anything to get the numbers. they can even kill their own creativity for that.

i believe Ekta Kapoor is far mor better than other producers and actors. she not only makes her main leads look beautiful and loving but also sees to it that they remain in the hearts and eyes of the viewers. separation tracks are shown but then the couple get back, death is shown but the story is twisted and the loved character gets back to life. whatever u say but she listens to the audience's hearts and wishes. 

secondly, i really dont understand the trp system. its killing the essence of TV and story telling. on one hand viewers are getting so attached to the characters and their fav actors, we have forums to discuss, we have access to FB and twitter profiles of the actors, directors and producers, fans are coming closer to each other and their fav actors as well AND on the other hand channel people and the PH are killing the essence and also hurting the sentiments of the fans for numbers.
why cant they just have a stipulated time for their show, a specific story line, specific time period and then end the story like a story book ends. that's it. with this the actors wont be made to leave the show before hand and the fans wont be disappointed also. actors would know when to start searching for new work and more stories would come up as well. moreover good shows wont be axed just because of the trps.

m really gonna miss Rohit now. have been so upset since the news was out and now even more upset. feels like something is missing. he's fabulous in his work. all the roles he has taken till now has been unconventional and have been welcomed as well as loved by the audience. he managed to overpower the well welcomed jodi of veer and iccha in Uttaran with his entry as vansh. people started drolling over vansh and loved watching him with Iccha. he managed to gather a huge fan following as Dhruv in MJHT even when his character was there to separate the main couple--Nupur and Mayank. and then even in Dor he managed to woe us Bhaskar.
Ehsaas is an addition to the love Rohit has spread with his work. gonna miss watching him now...hope he comes soon.

Thank you very much, Neha!

I completely agree with you on each of the concerns you have raised. I agree that there seems to be no room for the viewers' emotions at all. The adjectives you have used : fake, superficial, mean and emotionless- aptly describe the state of affairs on Indian television these days. Also, I agree on the Ekta Kapoor issue. Initially, we were relieved that her monopoly ended, but now even I feel that she handled her characters with atleast some more sensitivity. Also, all of us stand together when it comes to criticising the TRPs system.

Well said, Neha!

Thank you for viewing my debut post with interest!
Abhishek_5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tohru

nice post
but i blame the TRP system & The Sony tv
the CVs & PH started the show with great concept every character is unique Aradhya , Madhav, Rahul, Bharti & they are carrying the story good but again the TRP greed make the channel interfair the CVs to change the story again & again with turn & twist even Madhav character death is also demanded by the Channel
This TRP system is base & unfair it should be stoped if the channel really respect the viewers sentiments

Thank you Tohru for viewing my post with interest!

I agree that Sony Entertainment Television also needs to be blamed for showing absolutely no concern for the story, its characters and the sensitivity of the tale. It seems to have become too ruthless in its TRP- hunting. It will have only itself to blame if it doesnt mend its ways soon. It should stop viewing its audience as mere TRP-givers, but rather as sentimental human beings.
Abhishek_5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: cuteheena

yup also i hate trp system

We all hate the TRP system, Heena!

It is incompatible with good story-telling, sensitive moulding of characters and the emotions of the viewers!
Abhishek_5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rtms

nice post.madhav/ehsaas was nt only a strong character but an outstanding character in the show yet cv's didn't explore him properly.with his end the show has lost its uniqueness.nw it jst another show where they r going to centralise madhav's aradhya with the typical indian tv norms.❓y? its for the mass🤢

Thank you Rtms for your viewing my post and agreeing with and appreciating it!

I agree with the points you have made. Forget about exploring Madhav's beautifully crafted and moulded character in various dimensions, the CVs mercilessly killed him- without realising that they were making the show "soul-less".