India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

self respect issues with anandi

leavesandwaves IF-Sizzlerz
leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Anandi has no self respect. If she had self respect, she would not have stayed with the singhs on some pretext after Jagya's infidelity. Instead she would have joined her parents, continued her studies. The same streak is continuing now. She has become immune to all the insults heaped on her by Ira and sanchi.

Its not her fault either. She was a spirited girl when young and her mother started putting all sorts of constraints on her and then dadisa killed her self respect completely. Anandi fought for others but forgot herself. She thought she has no value as a person and she has to service others at any cost.

What we are seeing is a broken woman trying to forget her own self in that world created by herself of a doormat over whom anyone can step on with glee. A zombie.

How can anyone call BV  inspirational?

Edited by leavesandwaves - 22 June 2013 at 12:53am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gun_ksrsan12nena28DebbieeSiriuslySujalcharuluv_SVShinya

libsrocks IF-Rockerz
libsrocks
libsrocks

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:42am | IP Logged
exactly...if BV is any different then why do not they should show Anandi standing up for herself also...i find this pathetic...this never happens in real life...society never respect people who cannot speak up for themselves...people never redeem by seeing their OTT sacrificing nature...such people are just taken advantage of...Anandi has learnt nothing from her past experiences...normally in real life when a person is taken for granted then he/she becomes strict and makes sure that such things never happen with him/her again...i never liked grown up Anandi...Jaitsar may feel She has a leadership quality but i do not...no one has patience to understand something with such dull big lectures...i once became a monitor of my class and i still remember that no one listen to me when i would request them to not shout or politely speak to them...i then started getting strict and everyone came in their line/...world is not so good so such sweet people can survive her with respect...look at Dadisa...she was alone run away women with two kids...she became successful because her iron tough nature never made any take advantage of her.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

gun_ksrsan12nena28adi1986Debbieecharuluv_SVShinyaatominisleavesandwaves

leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Yes, librocks. That is why all her lectures sound hollow and meaningless to me. Grownup anandi is a big disappointment.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

musicmaniacgun_kcharuluv_SVlibsrocksShinya

gun_k Groupbie
gun_k
gun_k

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:59am | IP Logged

I agree with all that you guys are saying as real life is so different than anything portrayed in serials even if it is a serial like BV. In BV they do tackle some  real topics but their portrayal of Anandi as a doormat often is so totally off. The only time I saw anandi standing up for herself was when she threw jagyas stuff in the river and answered back to Shiv and everyone else. How I long to see that Anandi on screen, the show will garner excellent trp's if they show Anandi evolving into  a real women of substance. In real life no woman got ahead in life without standing up for herself.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

srsan12nena28libsrocksShinyaleavesandwaves

reshmiroy2012 Goldie

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

libsrocks

libsrocks IF-Rockerz
libsrocks
libsrocks

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reshmiroy2012

You have to look at the real life scenerio. Woman still has to face a lot of negative situation. And in village it is not easy to speak out for your self respect that too for a lady who is left behind by a man. Anandi's tie with her parents were low from the beginning. She is groomed to be Singh bahu cum beti. But whenever she has been pushed against the wall, she spoke against jagya's insult, villager's abusing. It is quality of Anandi patience which we should appreciate.
Respect as woman to Anandi was first given by Shiv, when he saluted him. And then on her actual appreciation has been always by shiv. Now she is a woman who has gained confidence with his husband's love. So to see her a storng woman who fights for her self respect instantly will take long time may be never.
And this sanchi drama, no woman will interfere in her matters. Because she is really a ill mannered and proud woman who can misbehave with any one. And her mother is a lady who is just spoiling her with blind eyes. If i wud have a SIL like her i would have kept long distance even not even stayed under the same roof. Anandi has her own virtues to tolerate her bitchy behaviour. So she may not have self respect but she can be respected.
ok let's just say Anandi can not speak against Saanchi but what about others...why are others tolerating her behaviour...by others i mean only Shekhars...i can understand Singhs and their fears and even Ganga is not at fault
Shinya IF-Rockerz
Shinya
Shinya

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by leavesandwaves

Anandi has no self respect. If she had self respect, she would not have stayed with the singhs on some pretext after Jagya's infidelity. Instead she would have joined her parents, continued her studies. The same streak is continuing now. She has become immune to all the insults heaped on her by Ira and sanchi.

Its not her fault either. She was a spirited girl when young and her mother started putting all sorts of constraints on her and then dadisa killed her self respect completely. Anandi fought for others but forgot herself. She thought she has no value as a person and she has to service others at any cost.

What we are seeing is a broken woman trying to forget her own self in that world created by herself of a doormat over whom anyone can step on with glee. A zombie.

How can anyone call BV  inspirational?

That is all okay, but what did she do now to make you so angry? Ouch

I think she was quite okay in the recen episodes. She cant back-answer Sanchi because we all know how rude and arrogant sanchi is. It is better to keep silence and ignore people like sanchi. It is shiv's fault that he asked her to stay with his sister in jaitsar.

But, I agree that she does not have to cover her up in front of others calling her 'bachpana' or making kheer and saying sanchi made it. That was too much !Silly

Edited by Shinya - 22 June 2013 at 5:33am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nena28

leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 5:36am | IP Logged
And they also made toral to speak slowly, very slowly. Maybe to keep the continuity of the character.

Anandi's position in her sasural is just like that of ganga's in her maika.

anandi can be effective if being outright rude is not advisable.

for example when sanchi was outpouring against ganga that saving ganga has brought all the problems, anandi could have reminded her that Jagya also saved sanchi without fearing consequences.

When sanchi threw the tray from ganga's hands, anandi should have told her that Jetsar is not Udaipur and in Jetsar knocking the door was not necessary especially as ganga came to serve them.

Anandi can also tell sanchi not to shout at her and speak civilly as an educated person.

There are so many ways of standing upto injustice.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gun_kdolly_07adi1986

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top