Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Inn Readers Ko Kya Naam Doon?#4(IO)Thd5 Link Pg147 (Page 109)

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vgedin

Originally posted by Semanti

Originally posted by madmaxine

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.

True that. And its not always... out of design. This attitude in ingrained amongst the people, they are conditioned to "like" fair skin. I have had so many people come to me and "sympathise" with me since I am dark. One woman suggested I ditch coffee, since coffee is the reason I am dark.

Thats exactly why all the Starbucks addicts in the US are so dark, no ? 

Whatay logicks from Auntyji. I hope her children are addicted to black coffee. I hope her DIL is the daughter of a coffee plantation owner. Where do people come up with this gold? 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinEXPELLIARMUSshree10Sultan_Of_SwingEccentrica

CheshireBilli IF-Dazzler
CheshireBilli
CheshireBilli

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged
HAHAHAHA Max! That was brutal! LOL

Incidentally, I had once heard the Child Bride show spout the same logic, many MANY moons back.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinmadmaxineshree10EXPELLIARMUS_disha_

EXPELLIARMUS IF-Rockerz
EXPELLIARMUS
EXPELLIARMUS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by EXPELLIARMUS

Juhi, did Khushi run away from the Mandap 10 yrs ago?

Why would I tell you that right now? LOL

Deer M panik here. Plj tumhe bhayya ki kasam.

Tumne toh aisi kasam Di hai ki...

Ab main tumhe kabhi nahi bataungi! LOL

CheshireBillivgedinshree10_disha_Sultan_Of_Swingkondhili

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Speaking of Ranveer Singh, I saw that chap in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, promoting Lootera. He is such a loser. Cannot stand the fake-itude. Only person who's more fake than him is Sonam Kapoor. What.A.Phattu. 

And speaking of Jhalak, do any of you watch? I happen to like the host named Kapil. I have a little crush on his sexy Bihari/UP Hindi accent. But I wish he (and his co-host) would flirt less with anything that has boobs. It's just not cool. And then they complain men don't respect women in India. How will they, when the women (including Madhuri Dixit) put up with the constant teasing.flirting (even if it is harmless) and just laugh indulgently. Just.Not.Cool. Tots annoying. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinEXPELLIARMUSHot_Chocolateshree10_disha_Sultan_Of_SwingEccentricakondhili

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged
I watched 2 episodes of Jhalak, and decided to stick with India's dancing super stars, in SP, religiously viewed by mom.

Jhalak is all hype no substance.

vgedinHot_Chocolateshree10EXPELLIARMUS_disha_kondhili

_disha_ IF-Sizzlerz
_disha_
_disha_

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Hello all !!

Aaj badi heavy duty discussions ho rahi hai !!

And since all are cringing over Ranveer ...i am in that list too !

I saw him on Jhalak... eeks he looks so yucky and acts like a spoilt  brat!

vgedinHot_Chocolateshree10EXPELLIARMUSkondhili

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Me has no stomach for any reality shows. Esp ones produced in India. Kids sing Yo-yo Honey Singh. Mothers dance on Pritam Pyare in front on their 5 year olds. And then the shamless flirting and hypocrisy. The only reality show for me is Masterchef Australia. Bas

Edited by vgedin - 26 June 2013 at 11:21am

CheshireBilliEXPELLIARMUSshree10madmaxineSultan_Of_SwingEccentrica

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vgedin

Originally posted by V323

Originally posted by Semanti

Originally posted by madmaxine

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens.

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves.

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.

There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.

</div>
<div>

Lets not even go into what fairness cream make us believe, its absolutely disgusting. I love my skin and who are a bunch of marketing morons to tell me otherwise?

I'll tell you this thing, when the rishta talks for my elder brother were on, there was this aunty who told us that she knew a somebody who's daughter was of marriageable age. So mom and dad asked the woman if she could tell us about the girl.

This is the woman's exact reply

"Arre ji, she is toh gori chitti, ekdum dood jaisi. All the boys in the colony are just waiting for her because of her fair skin ji, badi sundar ladki hai."

I was like, what is wrong with this woman. But oh well, my brother went ahead and fell in love and married and we later discovered that the girl who was "gori chitti" and all was just 18.

All Tam-Bram matrimonial ads begin with, seeking a fair skinned, simple traditional girl.

Exactly. Colour and religiousness are virtues. Screw things like honesty and respect. Who wants that in a girl when she is fair ? 

I am going to run a matrimonial agency in India. The only one where the ultimate purpose is instant gratification not procreation. What? 

Speed dating service yaaras! Did I activate your gutter mindzz? 

I am also going to post a matrimonial ad for myself. Yes, it seems to have come to that. 

Seeking Male for matrimony. Tam Brahm. Preferably with father dead. (Horoscope issues). Preferably with mother dead too. (To prevent MIL issues). Good sense of humor MUST. Good in bed MUST. Also, Iyer, Vadama, any gothram except mine and software engineers need not apply for this position since I like my men hard. Girl is simple, wheatish, good-looking without contacts (yours not hers) and will soon be unemployed. Can cook. Cannot clean. Qubool hai? LOL

My Mother just shot herself, I think. 

OK, back to work now. Embarrassed

CheshireBillivgedinEXPELLIARMUSshree10Sultan_Of_Swing

Go to top