Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Inn Readers Ko Kya Naam Doon?#4(IO)Thd5 Link Pg147 (Page 108)

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Semanti

Originally posted by madmaxine

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.

True that. And its not always... out of design. This attitude in ingrained amongst the people, they are conditioned to "like" fair skin. I have had so many people come to me and "sympathise" with me since I am dark. One woman suggested I ditch coffee, since coffee is the reason I am dark.

Thats exactly why all the Starbucks addicts in the US are so dark, no ? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillishree10

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:30am | IP Logged

Does anyone else cringe slightly when Ranveer Singh appears on screen?

Is he the chap from Band, Baaja Baraat? I always get confused. If that's the one, then yeah. He's pretty awful. 

YES!

Jeez. The more I see of him, the more he puts me off. And then the cherry on top was THIS video.

Kill. Me. Now. Sleepy

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBilliHot_Chocolateshree10

CheshireBilli IF-Dazzler
CheshireBilli
CheshireBilli

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Yup!

That's true. It isn't even conscious. My mum once took a chunk out an aunt for saying rather regretfully in our hearing how my sister and I didn't inherit our grandmother's fair skin.

It's not that our aunt hates us or anything. She genuinely believed in what she was saying.

vgedinshree10

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:50am | IP Logged

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.

Lets not even go into what fairness cream make us believe, its absolutely disgusting. I love my skin and who are a bunch of marketing morons to tell me otherwise?

I'll tell you this thing, when the rishta talks for my elder brother were on, there was this aunty who told us that she knew a somebody who's daughter was of marriageable age. So mom and dad asked the woman if she could tell us about the girl.

This is the woman's exact reply

"Arre ji, she is toh gori chitti, ekdum dood jaisi. All the boys in the colony are just waiting for her because of her fair skin ji, badi sundar ladki hai."

I was like, what is wrong with this woman. But oh well, my brother went ahead and fell in love and married and we later discovered that the girl who was "gori chitti" and all was just 18.

CheshireBilliEXPELLIARMUS

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:52am | IP Logged
That video is OML. I'm totally going to download it and watch it on my phone.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBilli

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vgedin

That article wasn't focused only on Goa, it was a report on how unsafe some of the most popular tourist destinations can be. Even Barcelona was in the list for stealing offences.

We got mugged in BarcelonaCry

Lost my camera in Barcelona. Las Ramblas is a crazy place.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by V323

</div>
<div>

Lets not even go into what fairness cream make us believe, its absolutely disgusting. I love my skin and who are a bunch of marketing morons to tell me otherwise?

I'll tell you this thing, when the rishta talks for my elder brother were on, there was this aunty who told us that she knew a somebody who's daughter was of marriageable age. So mom and dad asked the woman if she could tell us about the girl.

"Arre ji, she is toh gori chitti, ekdum dood jaisi. All the boys in the colony are just waiting for her because of her fair skin ji, badi sundar ladki hai."

I was like, what is wrong with this woman. But oh well, my brother went ahead and fell in love and married and we later discovered that the girl who was "gori chitti" and all was just 18.

All Tam-Bram matrimonial ads begin with, seeking a fair skinned, simple traditional girl.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinshree10

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Originally posted by V323

</div>
<div>

All Tam-Bram matrimonial ads begin with, seeking a fair skinned, simple traditional girl.

Exactly. Colour and religiousness are virtues. Screw things like honesty and respect. Who wants that in a girl when she is fair ? 

CheshireBillishree10

Go to top