Chat Clubs

India-Forums

   
Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Inn Readers Ko Kya Naam Doon?#4(IO)Thd5 Link Pg147 (Page 107)

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Joined: 03 November 2010
Posts: 6222

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinEXPELLIARMUSshree10Sultan_Of_Swing

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Joined: 03 November 2010
Posts: 6222

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Semanti

Does anyone else cringe slightly when Ranveer Singh appears on screen?

Is he the chap from Band, Baaja Baraat? I always get confused. If that's the one, then yeah. He's pretty awful. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinHot_Chocolateshree10

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Joined: 11 October 2011
Posts: 11615

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EXPELLIARMUS

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Juhi, did Khushi run away from the Mandap 10 yrs ago?



Why would I tell you that right now? LOL


Deer M panik here. Plj tumhe bhayya ki kasam.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EXPELLIARMUS

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Joined: 03 November 2010
Posts: 6222

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Originally posted by Semanti

Also given this new bond business for a visa, looks like I'm not going to be able to afford to visit the UK anytime soon.


It's not for everyone. People who may be perceived to be risky in terms of immigration will only be asked to pay the bond.

The Benefit oriented schemes of the Govt means many people stay back and make full use of the govt benefits that includes free housing, and health.

Europe in general needs to start treating its riff-raff more like India. Throw them under the bus. Or a landslide or something. 

Laziest unemployed youth in the world in Europe-specially UK and France. People really misuse the welfare system there. 


Edited by madmaxine - 26 June 2013 at 10:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CheshireBillivgedinSultan_Of_Swing

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Joined: 11 October 2011
Posts: 11615

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged
That article wasn't focused only on Goa, it was a report on how unsafe some of the most popular tourist destinations can be. Even Barcelona was in the list for stealing offences.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Joined: 26 August 2012
Posts: 4772

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

That article wasn't focused only on Goa, it was a report on how unsafe some of the most popular tourist destinations can be. Even Barcelona was in the list for stealing offences.

We got mugged in Barcelona Cry 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sultan_Of_Swing

CheshireBilli IF-Dazzler
CheshireBilli
CheshireBilli

Joined: 29 July 2012
Posts: 4190

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.


Edited by Semanti - 26 June 2013 at 10:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinshree10EXPELLIARMUS

CheshireBilli IF-Dazzler
CheshireBilli
CheshireBilli

Joined: 29 July 2012
Posts: 4190

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Originally posted by Semanti

Does anyone else cringe slightly when Ranveer Singh appears on screen?

Is he the chap from Band, Baaja Baraat? I always get confused. If that's the one, then yeah. He's pretty awful. 

YES!

Jeez. The more I see of him, the more he puts me off. And then the cherry on top was THIS video.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

madmaxineshree10Hot_Chocolate

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
!!..Is thread ko kya naam doon..!!

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

Author: -Barunholic-   Replies: 82   Views: 6450

-Barunholic- 82 6450 29 November 2012 at 6:24am by -.Shriya.-
ISS SUDDEN ENDING KO MAIN KYA NAAM DOON

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28

Author: MainePyaarKiya   Replies: 222   Views: 11095

MainePyaarKiya 222 11095 28 November 2012 at 7:38am by Tony_StraK786
ESP#31 - Aaja piya tohe pyaar doon..[IO]

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 150 151

Author: .hea.   Replies: 1207   Views: 22286

.hea. 1207 22286 12 August 2012 at 4:17am by .hea.
Kiss Kiss Ko Naam Doon

Author: serialjunkie   Replies: 9   Views: 992

serialjunkie 9 992 19 July 2012 at 5:06pm by karisma
SR/JeRan Unbreakable Bond:Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 142 143

Author: *Shruti*   Replies: 1142   Views: 41731

*Shruti* 1142 41731 08 June 2011 at 3:33am by nyctophilia

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chat Clubs Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index