Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Semanti

YES!

Jeez. The more I see of him, the more he puts me off. And then the cherry on top was THIS video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJs7N3aM75Y[/YOUTUBE]

Kill. Me. Now. ðŸ¥±
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Yup!

That's true. It isn't even conscious. My mum once took a chunk out an aunt for saying rather regretfully in our hearing how my sister and I didn't inherit our grandmother's fair skin.

It's not that our aunt hates us or anything. She genuinely believed in what she was saying.
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Semanti

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.

Lets not even go into what fairness cream make us believe, its absolutely disgusting. I love my skin and who are a bunch of marketing morons to tell me otherwise?

I'll tell you this thing, when the rishta talks for my elder brother were on, there was this aunty who told us that she knew a somebody who's daughter was of marriageable age. So mom and dad asked the woman if she could tell us about the girl.

This is the woman's exact reply

"Arre ji, she is toh gori chitti, ekdum dood jaisi. All the boys in the colony are just waiting for her because of her fair skin ji, badi sundar ladki hai."

I was like, what is wrong with this woman. But oh well, my brother went ahead and fell in love and married and we later discovered that the girl who was "gori chitti" and all was just 18.

reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
That video is OML. I'm totally going to download it and watch it on my phone.

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: vgedin

We got mugged in Barcelona😭

Lost my camera in Barcelona. Las Ramblas is a crazy place.
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: V323

</div>
<div>

Lets not even go into what fairness cream make us believe, its absolutely disgusting. I love my skin and who are a bunch of marketing morons to tell me otherwise?

I'll tell you this thing, when the rishta talks for my elder brother were on, there was this aunty who told us that she knew a somebody who's daughter was of marriageable age. So mom and dad asked the woman if she could tell us about the girl.

This is the woman's exact reply

"Arre ji, she is toh gori chitti, ekdum dood jaisi. All the boys in the colony are just waiting for her because of her fair skin ji, badi sundar ladki hai."

I was like, what is wrong with this woman. But oh well, my brother went ahead and fell in love and married and we later discovered that the girl who was "gori chitti" and all was just 18.

All Tam-Bram matrimonial ads begin with, seeking a fair skinned, simple traditional girl.
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

All Tam-Bram matrimonial ads begin with, seeking a fair skinned, simple traditional girl.

Exactly. Colour and religiousness are virtues. Screw things like honesty and respect. Who wants that in a girl when she is fair ? 
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: vgedin

True that. And its not always... out of design. This attitude in ingrained amongst the people, they are conditioned to "like" fair skin. I have had so many people come to me and "sympathise" with me since I am dark. One woman suggested I ditch coffee, since coffee is the reason I am dark.

Thats exactly why all the Starbucks addicts in the US are so dark, no ? 

Whatay logicks from Auntyji. I hope her children are addicted to black coffee. I hope her DIL is the daughter of a coffee plantation owner. Where do people come up with this gold? 

CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
HAHAHAHA Max! That was brutal! ðŸ˜†

Incidentally, I had once heard the Child Bride show spout the same logic, many MANY moons back.
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Deer M panik here. Plj tumhe bhayya ki kasam.

Tumne toh aisi kasam Di hai ki...

Ab main tumhe kabhi nahi bataungi! 😆