Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Shattered unres here

UK was wonderful. I don't have a single unpleasant memory of that place.

Also, I spoke to my cousin today who lives in London, he said this whole thing has been scrapped, the order never passed. 
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Max personally I have never faced any such inequality here. In fact people are extremely respectful and welcoming of other cultures, religions a d skin colours. Overall I'd says if all the places I have visited UK is by far the most welcoming.

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Semanti

Does anyone else cringe slightly when Ranveer Singh appears on screen?

Is he the chap from Band, Baaja Baraat? I always get confused. If that's the one, then yeah. He's pretty awful. 
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: EXPELLIARMUS

Why would I tell you that right now? 😆

Deer M panik here. Plj tumhe bhayya ki kasam.
madmaxine thumbnail

It's not for everyone. People who may be perceived to be risky in terms of immigration will only be asked to pay the bond.

The Benefit oriented schemes of the Govt means many people stay back and make full use of the govt benefits that includes free housing, and health.

Europe in general needs to start treating its riff-raff more like India. Throw them under the bus. Or a landslide or something. 

Laziest unemployed youth in the world in Europe-specially UK and France. People really misuse the welfare system there. 
Edited by madmaxine - 10 years ago
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
That article wasn't focused only on Goa, it was a report on how unsafe some of the most popular tourist destinations can be. Even Barcelona was in the list for stealing offences.
vgedin thumbnail

That article wasn't focused only on Goa, it was a report on how unsafe some of the most popular tourist destinations can be. Even Barcelona was in the list for stealing offences.

We got mugged in Barcelona ðŸ˜­ 
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: madmaxine

So, my father lived there for 1 year a long, long time back. At that time he had no issues. My Mom visited recently, like 3 years back and had a very bad experience at a restaurant- that was totally race related. I have no doubt that most people are decent. It just happens. 

And lets not forget India. One of the most racist countries ever. Ever seen a Black person ride a bus in India? People stare, poke, make comments and make crass jokes-it's disgusting. Calling a black peson habshi, an Asian person Chinky and god knows what else. We're pretty awful ourselves. 

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.
Edited by Semanti - 10 years ago
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: madmaxine

Is he the chap from Band, Baaja Baraat? I always get confused. If that's the one, then yeah. He's pretty awful. 

YES!

Jeez. The more I see of him, the more he puts me off. And then the cherry on top was THIS video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJs7N3aM75Y[/YOUTUBE]
vgedin thumbnail
Originally posted by: Semanti

Absolutely. India is INCREDIBLY racist. We never really got over our white skin fascination.
There are reports ALL the time of hate crimes against Black people in India, people from the North East being targeted. And let's not even begin on how both Black and White women are perceived to be "easy" and harassed. Women from Far East and North East of India too.

In fact, the whole concept of you not being worth anything if you're not fair-skinned (which is what these Fairness cream companies would like to tell you), is racist.

True that. And its not always... out of design. This attitude in ingrained amongst the people, they are conditioned to "like" fair skin. I have had so many people come to me and "sympathise" with me since I am dark. One woman suggested I ditch coffee, since coffee is the reason I am dark.

Thats exactly why all the Starbucks addicts in the US are so dark, no ?