The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Asha_AshVikJShivpallavi25

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

Jhanvi,
Dont stress yourself so much :) it is near impossible to achieve those heights..you are after all part of the immature ArVI brigade ...leave it to the experts .. Wink

Thanks, Jyo, weight off my shoulders LOL, whew!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajuJShivpallavi25

Not_a_fan Senior Member
Not_a_fan
Not_a_fan

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Originally posted by sowmya_jairam

Pallavi, thanks for the morning laugh! Kaneda!! :) chipki? Lovely name, lol.

Read the surprise on some other threads that Ovi is being bashed even after serving Arjun the divorce papers. Like that negates all her behavior before. Isn't it kind of late? you stab someone and then put a band-aid on the wound and expect recognition for the action. Wah, Ovi! Wah!

Pals. please don't forget that message on her answering machine from some random guy inviting her to hang out at her favorite bar. And her mammoth lie that she is not married so that she could get that contract!! We will be told she doesn't need the money so then it must be 'cos she craves attention? Her problem all along was if she could garner male attention elsewhere, how is it that Arjun was oblivious to her charms? Poor bichari Ovi!!

Jhanvi, sorry to butt in your private conversation n bashing session. What you wrote about ovi, and what you clearly support--- is that not lewd? Is it not crass? And who started it? The TM asked a question about Ovi's name and you guys started making lewd remarks from the second post. Why make such a big hue and cry then, about lewd remarks on purvi or Arjun or anyone else? Why keep complaining about how purvi is bashed left, right and center when you do nothing but the sameConfused. I'm asking you especially coz I read your comments on another thread about how purvi is always being bashed with lewd remarks, but ovi never has.

Anyways, carry on. But it's somewhat hypocritical, not that you make such sort of remarks coz that's your POV n our prerogative. But that you do it, and then complain about others doing it to your faveOuch

Dear Sowmya, the remarks made about Arjun and Purvi are for the most part crass and vulgar to the core. Calling Purvi a bitch, a wh**e, him a penguin, etc, etc. comes nowhere close to what is written here. her kaands, constant reference even to jeeju saali come across as veiled references to me even as these perhaps came across to you. Why, you yourself, dear friend, alluded to Arjun's love for Purvi being in the lower part of his body. That was a mild one compared to the sexual innuendos galore that are posted about Purvi, her backless cholis, her vashikaran to attract men, oh, I cannot recall half of the stuff written about her. There was nothing lewd in these comments about Ovi that I made, I said she wore a clingy top, she did, I would tell the same to my daughter, "don't wear that tight a top or clingy top" nothing vulgar in that, I definitely would not go around talking to my daughter about Arjun being "turned on" or such, that to me is lewd. Sorry, if the scales for Ovi are way sky high but not so for anyone else LOL.

And I did think twice before writing even that, and proceeded to do so only after using that touchstone of my daughter. Plus I thought the general consensus on the other post was that if they showed such stuff on PR, it was okay to comment as what appeared crude or lewd to one might not to another.

And please don't call me hypocritical, check my posts prior to today, you will be hard pressed to find anything even remotely close to the crass stuff written about Purvi and Arjun. Just decided to join the bandwagon but at a very slow pace, will take me ages to comment about Ovi the way Purvi is commented on, but hoping to get there some day soon. Wink

Dear Jhanvi, these things and worse have been called for Ovi as well. Maybe you don't see them coz you don't care what's written about a character you dont like, but it's been going on from a long time. The vitriol for ovi is no less than it is for purvi or anyone else. The lewd comments on purvi started much later, when it was revealed about the pre-marital sex. Ovi has been called all kinds of names much, much before. In fact, so many people here conjectured and even wished that ovi's baby was fathered by someone else----is that not lewd to you? Is it not crass, to be labeling and wishing for a woman to be a wh*** when she's not even shown any inclination to be one. At least the initial comments on purvi about the pre-marital sex were based on facts, it did happen! 

Clingy top is fine Jhanvi. But the underlined part in your post---I find that lewd and offensive. Trying to get males attention by dressing, receiving a message from a guy to go out clubbing---that's offensive, to me personally. Because I like to dress up, I'm sure we all do. And it's not to attract attention, of any sort. And I'm sure we are not so chaste as to not talk to or go out with guys who are not our husband or family, and it doesn't make any of us loose in character. On the debate on the dressing sense, for me personally, I don't care what people wear as long as the place and occasion are kept in mind. I wear shorts here, and dresses and clothes I would not dream of wearing in Hyderabad; even though I live in supposedly urban hyderabad. Ovi stays in canada and she's supposed to be a model, so her attire reflects that. Even when she stayed in India, she was in either the chawl where the Deshmukhs lived for the longest time or in Kirloskar house, which are familiar places. My problem with purvi's attire is not that she wears such blouses, but that she wears them when she's in the chawl she was living in with onir, which is not just an unfamiliar place but one that didnt seem the safest (the cops arresting them the first night in the place for red light activities). Either way, I personally have never commented on it before now.

I keep away from making lewd comments on characters myself, both those I like and those I don't. The "deep in the intestines" comment was a comment on my perception that while the whole forum keeps saying about how arjun and purvi love each other; I don't see the love at all, at least not from purvi's side. So it must be somewhere deep inside. But then you asked me about it, and I decided to be sarcasticLOL. Either way, I do believe what I said later too though, that arjun's love for purvi is at least partly in the lower half of his body. And I even agreed that his love was Ovi was located somewhere there too. Anyways, you either don't see or don't view the myriad posts on Ovi as lewd, not as much as it is for purvi. I do. I find that offensive posts are made on both, and arjun and onir and archana and manav as well. But ovi and purvi the most. If you see the posts on this thread made on ovi as something that would be said about a friend, you will see that it is incredibly lewd and offensive. Similarly with purvi or anyone else. But to each his own. I can't obviously change your perception. I just wanted to know why you thought ovi was somehow being saved from the lewd comments when I find, personally, that some of what you wrote on Ovi is lewd as well. And the posts you endorsed explicitly, on this thread for example, are in no way not offensive. That's why my question to you Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07ilovedhanjanird

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Sowmya, I have noticed you do keep away from making vulgar comments and also noticed that the intestines post was one of the first I saw you write that way. I appreciate that - not just about Purvi but about Ovi as well and Arjun.

And no "craving for attention" was in no way meant in a lewd way, it did not imply she was looking for physical gratification. She is an attention craver, my POV, note I did not say "male attention" just "attention". Plus to me hanging out at the bar is not a crime, I know of youngsters that do, strait laced as the inferno down there, who don't drink or sleep around but go to the bars with friends for playing social catch up. So there was nothing lewd intended there as well, I was being sarcastic though as Ovi lovers talk about her oh so strict upbringing by her Aaji. And in Ovi's case the invitation was, I am sure, not for hanging out but to drink, she is an off and on alcoholic as portrayed in the show and as I perceive it (damodar's genes?). So calling a drunk a drunk is not lewd.

Anyway, I am contemplating being the hare in the hare and tortoise story so may try my prudish best to talk in like manner when I see vulgar stuff being spewed about the other characters. I may not succeed but no effort will be spared. Wink

Aside: pasted below the definition of lewd I am referencing. By that definition, calling Ovi a bar visitor or an attention craver is in no way lewd or obscene. We say Purvi and Arjun slept together before marriage, it is a fact so merely stating that to me is not lewd, embellishing it with details or referencing it with cheap innuendos is what makes it lewd to me. So calling the spade a spade where Ovi concerned and stating she frequents bars or is an attention hog is not lewd.

Adjective
Crude and offensive in a sexual way.
Synonyms
lascivious - obscene - salacious - bawdy - indecent

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 22 June 2013 at 12:30pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Not_a_fanjdronamrajuJShivashfaque2012pallavi25

Not_a_fan Senior Member
Not_a_fan
Not_a_fan

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Sowmya, I have noticed you do keep away from making vulgar comments and also noticed that the intestines post was one of the first I saw you write that way. I appreciate that - not just about Purvi but about Ovi as well and Arjun.

And no "craving for attention" was in no way meant in a lewd way, it did not imply she was looking for physical gratification. She is an attention craver, my POV, note I did not say "male attention" just "attention". Plus to me hanging out at the bar is not a crime, I know of youngsters that do, strait laced as the inferno down there, who don't drink or sleep around but go to the bars with friends for playing social catch up. So there was nothing lewd intended there as well, I was being sarcastic though as Ovi lovers talk about her oh so strict upbringing by her Aaji. And in Ovi's case the invitation was, I am sure, not for hanging out but to drink, she is an off and on alcoholic as portrayed in the show and as I perceive it (damodar's genes?). So calling a drunk a drunk is not lewd.

Anyway, I am contemplating being the hare in the hare and tortoise story so may try my prudish best to talk in like manner when I see vulgar stuff being spewed about the other characters. I may not succeed but no effort will be spared. Wink

Aside: pasted below the definition of lewd I am referencing. By that definition, calling Ovi a bar visitor or an attention craver is in no way lewd or obscene. We say Purvi and Arjun slept together before marriage, it is a fact so merely stating that to me is not lewd, embellishing it with details or referencing it with cheap innuendos is what makes it lewd to me. So calling the spade a spade where Ovi concerned and stating she frequents bars or is an attention hog is not lewd.

Adjective
Crude and offensive in a sexual way.
Synonyms
lascivious - obscene - salacious - bawdy - indecent

Jhanvi, thanks for clarifying. But you did mention that Ovi was unhappy that when she could get male attention elsewhere, she couldn't get arjun's Smile And the tone of the post seemed to me as if you were implying ovi was sleeping around and dressed skimpily to attract male attention. I agree with everything else you say, but just one thing more on this subject. When you explicitly say you agree with someone's posts, then you say that you agree with everything they posted (I'm being generic here, same goes for me too obviously and I think this is general internet etiquette). And there have been a lot of lewd comments on ovi in this thread itself, which looks like you've endorsed. Just something to think about Smile

Edited by sowmya_jairam - 22 June 2013 at 1:36pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

tejaswiniwenham IF-Dazzler
tejaswiniwenham
tejaswiniwenham

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Just to post an answer to the topic makers question- Ovi - Holy Message Of Marathi Saints 
Dnyaneshwari's 18 chapters are composed of paragraphs called "ovi". i absolutely dont understand why people are still obsessing about her. its sad to see some to the members whose commentaries I use to read with enthusiasm have become baseless bashers. i think myself to be a rational critique and thus have always refrained from commenting on any silly discussions about clothing and such. and i genuinely believed that many purvi fans where like that but apparently not anymore. just hold tight guys, ovi's character has been written off, arvi is about to reunite and ovi fans will probably leave the forum soon. i dont see the need to make offensive comments about a beautiful name.

cs-07

paagal_ IF-Dazzler
paagal_
paagal_

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
oviana?????? ROFLROFLROFL

ashfaque2012

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 22 June 2013 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tejaswiniwenham

Just to post an answer to the topic makers question- Ovi - Holy Message Of Marathi Saints 
Dnyaneshwari's 18 chapters are composed of paragraphs called "ovi". i absolutely dont understand why people are still obsessing about her. its sad to see some to the members whose commentaries I use to read with enthusiasm have become baseless bashers. i think myself to be a rational critique and thus have always refrained from commenting on any silly discussions about clothing and such. and i genuinely believed that many purvi fans where like that but apparently not anymore. just hold tight guys, ovi's character has been written off, arvi is about to reunite and ovi fans will probably leave the forum soon. i dont see the need to make offensive comments about a beautiful name.

LOL
Teju di, if only people like you were more in this forum. I always respect people older than me but its funny how some people are so obsessed with proving their point that they cross all limits of decency and try to instigate fan groups 
As for Ovi fans, most of us only respond to kools and when topics are made on ovi 
The other fan group start an argument for no reason !! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07tejaswiniwenham

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index